Arc de triomphe Sunday Oct 1st

bowles10

Hurricane Run, Shirocco and Japanese superstar Deep Impact all feature among 12 horses to have stood their ground at the latest entry stage for Sunday's Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe. The top-notch trio have resided near the head of the ante-post lists for some time and look set to lock horns in what promises to be a vintage renewal. Sir Percy is, as expected, an absentee but Aidan O'Brien has left both Irish Champion Stakes hero Dylan Thomas and dual Classic winner Alexandrova in the Longchamp showpiece at this stage, although both are far from certain to take up the challenge. The Ballydoyle pair could spearhead a strong challenge from the Classic generation as impressive Prix Niel winner Rail Link could also take his chance along with Dragon Dancer and Best Name, second in the English and French Derbies respectively. Alain de Royer-Dupre's consistent inmate Pride, last seen running an eyecatching race behind Shirocco and Hurricane Run in the Prix Foy, has also stood her ground in the mouth-watering contest, along with Championship Point, Germance and Irish Wells. The Jeremy Noseda-trained Sixties Icon, a smooth winner of the St Leger on his most recent outing, is likely to be supplemented to the field later in the week, while connections of Mandesha are also considering adding their filly to the line up. Mandesha's big weekend target may remain temporarily undecided, but de Royer-Dupre gave a positive update on Pride, who is ready to take up the challenge. "At the beginning of the season it was the programme to go for the Arc with Pride," the trainer told At The Races. "She's fresh, ready, and she's in good condition. "In the Prix Foy the ground was too firm and when the ground is like that she doesn't give her maximum but she gave a marvellous gallop this morning on the soft ground." De Royer-Dupre suggested the state of the ground could dictate plans for Mandesha and that a final decision will be made shortly. "She worked a normal gallop but the ground was a little bit soft and when the ground is soft it is not the same. She worked a mile today," he explained. "We have the two possibilities but the problem with this filly is the ground and that could be the problem for the two races - in Longchamp at this time I think it's 3.5 (on the penetrometer). "She is going to run in one of the two." Championship Point will be an absentee as his inclusion among the dozen happened by error. His trainer Mick Channon said: "There's another opportunity to take him out on Wednesday. He shouldn't be in the race."

Re: Arc de triomphe Sunday Oct 1st Shirocco must have a decent chance here. Form lines below

10 Sep 06 1/5 9-2Long 12f4Gd1C Soumillon A Fabre Shirocco (GER) 13/8 3/1
02 Jun 06 1/6 9-0Eps 12f5Gd1C Soumillon A Fabre Shirocco (GER) 4/5 8/11f
07 May 06 1/7 9-3Nkt 12f6Sft1C Soumillon A Fabre Shirocco (GER) 11/8 10/11f
29 Oct 05 1/13 9-0Blm 12f2Fast1C Soumillon Andre Fabre Shirocco (GER) 5/1 5/1
02 Oct 05 4/15 9-5Long 12f15Sft1S Pasquier A Fabre Hurricane Run (IRE) 25/1 25/1
I am happy with the 3/1 on offer & i think it can get the better of Hurricane run again.

Re: Arc de triomphe Sunday Oct 1st Really looking forward tothis race and lucky enough am going to be there on this sunday. I'm still veryy keen on Hurricane run I think we can ignore the trial race a few weeks back which wasnt the most honest race imo Havn't see to much of Deep Impact so cant really fancy him at the mo 3 year olds have a great record in this race looking back so you could't count out any of them and if Alexandrova runs I wonder how she'll fair against the big boys? I'm going to have a real good look at the race over the next few days to see what the other horses are about we we havn't seennn much of and get the winner.

Max field of 8 Top quality field even with just 8 runners. I cant wait for Saturday to really get in the mood for it. "St Leger winner Sixties Icon has, as expected, been supplemented for Sunday's Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe at Longchamp. Jeremy Noseda's Classic winner has been added to the line-up for the 12-furlong showpiece after owners Paul and Susan Roy paid the 60,000 Euro supplementary fee to make him the sole British runner in the race. A maximum field of eight will go to post for the Group One event with main contenders Shirocco, Hurricane Run and Deep Impact all standing their ground. The first two are both trained by Andre Fabre who also has Prix Niel winner Rail Link to form a triple assault on the race. Alain de Royer-Dupre will rely on Pride after connections decided not to supplement impressive Prix Vermeille winner Mandesha. Robert Collet's French Derby second Best Name and Grand Prix de Deauville winner Irish Wells complete the probable runners. Aidan O'Brien has taken out both Alexandrova and Dylan Thomas, while Geoff Wragg's Dragon Dancer and French Oaks second Germance will also miss the race."

Re: Arc de triomphe Sunday Oct 1st What does everyone think about this deep impact? It's difficult to rank any of its form except for heart's cry who pushed hurricane run to the limit if I remember correctly. However, Aleading and reliable bloodstock agent from out there told me it cant get beat. My biggest doubt is the the jockey, who has been found wanting, certainly in Britain, although he rides better in france. of the two Fabre horses, Ive no doubt that Hurricane run will get the better of Shirroco. But knowing my luck (I backed Shirroco e/w into fourth last year, itll probably bolt up now. Surely it is only between these three????

Re: Arc de triomphe Sunday Oct 1st

Surely the fact that Sixties Icon's owners were prepared to spend 60,000 Euros as a supplementary, must say they believe it can win it? Or am I missing something glaringly obvious here?
i assume it helps towards the future value (at stud?) if the horse is even placed in Europe's greatest race. Not all supplemented horses win obviously. Shirrocco remains my fav here.

Re: Arc de triomphe Sunday Oct 1st Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe - Lucien Barrière Group 1 - € 2,000,000 ($ 2,359,600*) - 2400 Meters / Turf *(taux au premier janvier) fleb.gif1.gifTotal price: € 2,000,000

• € 1,142,800 to the 1st
  • € 457,200 to the 2nd
  • € 228,600 to the 3rd
  • € 114,200 to the 4th
  • € 57,200 to the 5th

Maybe Sixties Icon will easily win some of the supplementary money . Hope we get a wet weekend . Come on Scirocco! Try this site out good coverage all weekend http://www.france-galop.com/promo/pxgb.htm

Re: Arc de triomphe Sunday Oct 1st Alot of people are have been backing Deep Impact this week, reading through some over forums alot of people are keen on him. I couldn't have him as you don't no what he's beating really an never raced in europe could be just like Visindar in the derby remember everyone fanced him coming into the race unbeating but hadn't actually raced against anything. Deep Impact might win but I couldn't back him with any confidence.

Just got an email form betfair about a free £5 bet for the races...I assume its a matched bet but it doesn't say anything about this, just says free bet Anyone know the score?
i got a letter saying free £5 matched bet but had to be on football.Had it today so should get the free fiver tomorrow. Cant wait for this race now! Shirrocco still for me

SelectionBest Name (Each-Way)
Strength1/10
Date01/10/2006
Bookmaker/PriceSportingodds @ 101.00 (Back)
ReasoningVery small field for this high class race and no obvious pacemaker. This horse has a tremendous turn of foot (albeit in lesser class races) but this race may be run to suit its finishing burst. Could upset the big 3 and run into a place.