Could This Be The One?

Hodgey

Could this be the one? :loon (or CTBT1 for short - sounds like a robot from Star Wars! :lol ) Is this the Holy Grail? :unsure I've been betting on football for the last 4 or 5 years and in that time I've looked at, devised, tweaked, tested and backtested (what seems like!) hundreds of systems. Some with more more encouraging results than others! Value Estimations, Ratings, Short Prices, Long Prices, Draws, Trends - I've tried 'em all! And this is the best one I've come up with so far! (Well which doesn't involve Martingale anyway! :spank ) The picks will be from all the leagues in England down to the Conference level, and all selections will be home wins. In the testing I've done these are the results:

Summary
Bets Placed273
Units Staked2,730.00
Units Returned3,025.73
Profit295.73
Yield10.83%
Strike Rate42.86%
Average Odds2.63
Average Stake10.00
273 is not loads of bets, but it's quite a lot. I would be happier with 500 but I just can't wait any longer! (I hope I don't rue this decision! :\ ) We will start with a new bank of 1000pts and each pick will be 10pts <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I will post the first picks for tonight a bit later....

Edit - Insert Strategy guidelines:

The selections are largely statistically based. The theory behind it is looking at teams who are underestimated due to poor recent results and as such are therefore overpriced.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Could This Be The One? Cheers fella's. :ok Ok here goes with the first picks for tonight: Bournemouth v Bristol City 2.63 Betfred Millwall v Brentford 2.50 Interwetten Bury v Accrington 2.50 Laddies Mansfield v Darlington 2.38 Betfred There will be more, but I'm waiting on some prices to be matched at Betfair. I'll post the rest up well before KO though.

Re: Could This Be The One? .... good luck with these young fella, the figures don't look too bad. I'm a little curious as to the selection method, as most of these appear to be the underdogs.What were the selections based on? Anyway hope they come good for you fella.;)

Re: Could This Be The One?

.... good luck with these young fella, the figures don't look too bad. I'm a little curious as to the selection method, as most of these appear to be the underdogs.What were the selections based on? Anyway hope they come good for you fella.;)
Ah now that would be telling! ;) Suffice to say they are underdogs, as most of the selections will be, but I believe the odds are good enough to overcome the strike rate. :ok Cheers for your good wishes. :) A few more: Doncaster v Bradford 2.47 Betfair Grimsby v Hartlepool 2.71 Betfair Macclesfield v Chester 2.50 Betfair Southport v Northwich 2.52 Betfair All Betfair prices are net of commission. Still more to come....

Re: Could This Be The One? Cheers Staffy and Hayward. :ok

Good luck Hodjey. Just one question. In summary you have selected 273 bets. In how long are these bets the picks? These are the picks of a year, month...? In other words how many bets are you expecting in a month? Alex
I expect this to generate approx 100-120 picks per month. :loon

Re: Could This Be The One? Well that was a ****ing disastrous start. :puke 1 win out of 12. Not quite the strike rate I was looking for. :$ Early days though. Things can only get better.

Summary
Bets Placed12
Units Staked120.00
Units Returned23.80
Profit(96.20)
Yield-80.17%
Strike Rate8.33%
Average Odds2.53
Average Stake10.00

Plenty of bloody draw's. :puke Hard luck mate.
Yeah true, 7 draws. If a couple of those had come in it wouldn't have been too bad. For completeness, here's the results: Bournemouth v Bristol City 2.63 Betfred 0-1 :puke Millwall v Brentford 2.50 Interwetten 1-1 :wall Bury v Accrington 2.50 Laddies 2-2 :wall Mansfield v Darlington 2.38 Betfred 1-0 :nana Doncaster v Bradford 2.47 Betfair 3-3 :wall Grimsby v Hartlepool 2.71 Betfair 1-4 :puke Macclesfield v Chester 2.50 Betfair 1-1 :wall Southport v Northwich 2.52 Betfair 1-2 :puke Cheltenham v Northampton 2.43 Betfair 0-2 :puke Leyton Orient v Gillingham 2.50 Betfair 3-3 :wall Port Vale v Nottm Forest 3.33 Betfair 1-1 :wall Peterborough v Barnet 1.91 Blue Sq 1-1 :wall

Re: Could This Be The One? Right then, not the best way to start last night but what do they say, if you fall off a horse the best thing to do is get straight back on it again. :\ Well something like that anyway. :unsure I checked back through my test data and there was one other batch when results were 1/12 which resulted in 82pts loss. There was also another occasion where a weekend batch produced just 5/19 for 78pts loss. So these losing sequences do occur, it was just a shame that this thread started with such a sequence. :cry Conversely, there was one weekend batch which produced 13/20 winners generating 148pt profit. :loon It's encouraging to me that despite these longish losing runs, the system still turns in a profit. And also, it should not be too unexpected when dealing with average odds of 2.50ish and strike rates of 40%. :ok So straight back on with the show and two picks for tonight: Boston v Lincoln 3.33 Betfair Bristol Rovers v Hereford 2.20 Betfred

Re: Could This Be The One? 2 for 2 tonight to get 35pts and some confidence back! :D Boston v Lincoln 1-0 :nana Bristol Rovers v Hereford 2-1 :nana

Summary
Bets Placed14
Units Staked140.00
Units Returned79.14
Profit(60.86)
Yield-43.47%
Strike Rate21.43%
Average Odds2.57
Average Stake10.00

Good luck with the system Hodgey. Hope it proves successful for you :)
Thanks a lot mate. You never know - this could be the one! ;)
Played Hodgey :clap Remind me to check your thread before posting on my own:D
Thanks mate. I watched most of this game and Ipswich were a bit unfortunate to have that goal disallowed and then the last 15 mins Col U were clinging on a bit! But I'll take the win and another 19pts clawed back. Should have started the thread on Wednesday! :eyes :lol