even total goals. +1.8% yield. 374 bets.

muppet77

even total goals. +1.8% yield. 374 bets.  

1. 1.

• yes - i use your stakes for most / all selections
    • yes - i bet on the selections, but not with the suggested stakes
    • yes - i follow the picks, but don't bet on it
    • no

Re: Even total goals

All this boundless optimism has stirred up some interest :ok. I have a few Qs... Is the staking strategy the most important bit, or is it your game selection? What would the yield to level stakes be for your selection criteria over the 13 seasons? It seems incredible to me that you can get such a yield for what is effectively a correct scores system .... will watch with interest.
epl since 1993/4: yield +6.3% strike 55.9% bets 1105 games/bet 5 seasons in profit 11/13 seasons in loss 2/13 so maybe there is some backing behind the SYSTEM, with the STRATEGY boosting the yield.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A 6% yield is pretty good for 1000+ bets Muppet anyway :). Your successs all depends on not having a bad run - the lack of one in your analysis is the intersting part for me. Have you looked at backing a draw when your system says go even goals?
i do not have the odds entered in, but the % draws for each season are:

draws

71.4%

20.0%

32.9%

32.9%

19.1%

23.7%

30.5%

22.0%

29.8%

20.2%

28.8%

29.7%

31.8%

35.9%

ALL

27.6%

27.6% equates to a price of 3.62 the ACTUAL number of draws, if betting blind over this time is 27.1%, or 3.69, so i don't think there's any scope there.

Whats the difference between this and the martingale system?
the staking strategy is the same, only that i have backtested 13 seasons (5163 games) to see how many rungs up the ladder i could go in the way of consecutive losses. i am well aware of the potential bankruptcy linked to martingale, but my homework seems to make it a viable strategy. coupling this staking strategy with a system that selects even goals, it has proven to generate around 31.2% yield from 1105 selections, being successful with the yields varying from +27.5% to +39.5% : successful for EACH of the 13 seasons.

Re: Even total goals Cheers Muppet, interesting stuff. I just thought that maybe you were picking up on a psychological factor such as tightening the defence after a heavy defeat, or maybe desperate to keep a non-losing run of games going that might have ended in draws and therefore even goals games. Obviously not - must be something else :). GL mate.

BOX 1

stake

result

profit

25/09/2006

Portsmouth

Bolton

L

30/09/2006

Sheffield United

Middlesboro

L

start bank

bank now

all odds

bets

wins

strike

0.0%

av stake

av profit

total staked

profit

yield

-100.0%

Re: Even total goals I like your idea very much and i have something you might want to think about.... If you select the matches with the lowest odds for a draw, your system might become more profitable. That way the bookies chose the matches for you and there will be plenty more selections per day because then you can bet on all the leagues, not just the english. To look for a draw is the only way i can see one predicting an even result. Hope i contributed :hope

If you select the matches with the lowest odds for a draw
what do you mean mate? if i have three selections to decide between i should pick the one with the lowest odds? if this is what you mean, then i am going to go with kanga's box idea, as it meets my requirements. i take your idea about lower priced draws seeming to be more likely to end up evenly scored. i have checked all games for the past 6 epl seasons, and by selecting short priced games doesn't seem to increase the strike rate of even. eg all draws priced 2.7 to 3 (the 11% 'most likely' draws by the bookie) gave an evens strike of 55.6% all draws priced 2.7 to 3.2 (the top 37% most likely draws) gave a strike of 52.6% evens. all draws priced 2.7 to 3.3 (the top 64% most likely draws) gave a strike of 51.8% evens. so bearing in mind i could get a strike of 55.9% i'm not sure whether or not the short priced draws actually matters. saying that, the shortest 11% (2.7 to 3) had a strike of 55.6%, and the largest 11% (odds of 4 to 10) had a strike of 47.6% so that's an improvement of 8%........:drums i am not sure whether i will select ceratain matches, based on their odds price - this will restrict the number of selections for bets. i do take the idea in theory though Huckleberry.:ok

what do you mean mate? if i have three selections to decide between i should pick the one with the lowest odds? if this is what you mean, then i am going to go with kanga's box idea, as it meets my requirements. i take your idea about lower priced draws seeming to be more likely to end up evenly scored. i have checked all games for the past 6 epl seasons, and by selecting short priced games doesn't seem to increase the strike rate of even. eg all draws priced 2.7 to 3 (the 11% 'most likely' draws by the bookie) gave an evens strike of 55.6% all draws priced 2.7 to 3.2 (the top 37% most likely draws) gave a strike of 52.6% evens. all draws priced 2.7 to 3.3 (the top 64% most likely draws) gave a strike of 51.8% evens. so bearing in mind i could get a strike of 55.9% i'm not sure whether or not the short priced draws actually matters. saying that, the shortest 11% (2.7 to 3) had a strike of 55.6%, and the largest 11% (odds of 4 to 10) had a strike of 47.6% so that's an improvement of 8%........:drums i am not sure whether i will select ceratain matches, based on their odds price - this will restrict the number of selections for bets. i do take the idea in theory though Huckleberry.:ok
I hear you but why restrict yourself to english football? If you select the shortpriced draws, then you could chose from all the games hence increasing the number of bets. Can you please tell me where you get your stats from? I want to help :)

Can you please tell me where you get your stats from?
i think i can mention football-data.co.uk that's where i get the results from. i use these in my own excel spreadsheet to select games.
I hear you but why restrict yourself to english football?
well, i have an interest in the premiership and so bet on that. as i said in a post in this thread, the championship could produce a very similar yield (post 11), but this would require more money. with the staking strategy i am confident of hitting 30%ish yield on the premiership. :hope why should i look at other leagues? the yield will not increase - the staking strategy maintains it around 30% (see post number 9) if you are looking to increase profit - then up your stakes for my selections. the stakes could get high though (see post 6) hope that makes sense. thanks for the ideas and interest. ;)

i think i can mention football-data.co.uk that's where i get the results from. i use these in my own excel spreadsheet to select games. well, i have an interest in the premiership and so bet on that. as i said in a post in this thread, the championship could produce a very similar yield (post 11), but this would require more money. with the staking strategy i am confident of hitting 30%ish yield on the premiership. :hope why should i look at other leagues? the yield will not increase - the staking strategy maintains it around 30% (see post number 9) if you are looking to increase profit - then up your stakes for my selections. the stakes could get high though (see post 6) hope that makes sense. thanks for the ideas and interest. ;)
Well, the more games you spread your money on the safer your money is. Thanks for the link

Well, the more games you spread your money on the safer your money is.
true to a certain extent, but if i ran this sys + strat on say the major euro leagues it would require a lot of dough and many, many boxes. i may just consider using championship games aswell - bringing the average number of selections per weekend to around 2 for the epl and 4 for the champ = 6 in total (and then some for midweekers).

true to a certain extent, but if i ran this sys + strat on say the major euro leagues it would require a lot of dough and many, many boxes. i may just consider using championship games aswell - bringing the average number of selections per weekend to around 2 for the epl and 4 for the champ = 6 in total (and then some for midweekers).
I look forward to see your results Good luck

Re: Even total goals hi just done a bit of research so here goes, hope its helpful season 04/05 blackburn 10 games no evens norwich 8 (relegated liverpool/everton 7 games villa 6 games spurs/bolton/birmngm/boro/arsenal/newc 5 games season 05/06 sunderland 10 relegated 4of them carried onto this season boro/city 8 chel/newc/ bmghm(relegated) 7 fulham 6 utd/bolt/whu/wigan/pompey/wba(relegated) 5 Dont know if im talking c**p but just thought it might be useful. stemoz

BOX 1

stake

result

profit

25/09/2006

prem

Portsmouth

Bolton

L

30/09/2006

prem