** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Quick Techie Question

DAC

My PC at home has died, bless it, the motherboard (whatever that is) has pegged it due the fan whatsit not working. As I'm a total techno-phobe....can someone recommend a lap top that I'm still able to install 4 or 5 poker sites on. The Laptop won't be used for much more else other than office stuff. Cheers, hopefully read your replies tomorrow as I'm offski quite soon.

Re: Quick Techie Question All valid points. You won't need a monster machine if you're mostly using the laptop for web browsing, poker clients, general light duty stuff. I use a fairly modest system with 512MB ram, 1.7Ghz processor, 15.4" widescreen display and find it does everything I need and more. There are decent deals everywhere, but there are some cracking deals on Dell kit at the moment - well made, good prices and pretty quick delivery to your door. For example, an Inspiron 1300 with Intel CentrinoT 1.7Ghz chip, 512mb RAM, 80Gb Hard drive, 15.4" widescreen (1280x800), DVD writer etc comes in at 429 quid including VAT and shipping - a really good deal I think :D Go take a look (www.dell.com). No I don't work for Dell, just have found their kit to be okay and decently priced. Mike

Re: Quick Techie Question

If you multi-table' date=' or intend to, then I would recommend paying the extra for a laptop with resolution of 1600x1200.[/quote'] Would also be good to have an "out" socket so that you can have a second monitor plugged in when at home (assuming you have a monitor that still works with your old one) :ok Multiple monitors make a big difference if you are multitabling......

I also bought Lou an Acer aspire and myself a Packard Bell easy note in the last couple of months, both purely as internet terminals / poker playing and both run fine. lou has got 23 different sites installed on hers and regular has 2 or 3 games on the go at once
I just bought one of those... excellent baby :clap :nana :cow

I just bought one of those... excellent baby :clap :nana :cow
And me!!!! Class they are, mine cost £399, i think its on sale for £299 at the min at comet....ill see if i can find a link http://www.comet.co.uk/comet/html/cache/572_356140.html edit: the price is back to £399 but the specs are up a lil! and perfect for what you need, i took mine to kenya and it worked there lol!

And me!!!! Class they are, mine cost £399, i think its on sale for £299 at the min at comet....ill see if i can find a link http://www.comet.co.uk/comet/html/cache/572_356140.html edit: the price is back to £399 but the specs are up a lil! and perfect for what you need, i took mine to kenya and it worked there lol!
Ahem... i sure hope mine is a different one then... It cost me £ 1300... and it's acer's newest model...