County Championship Cricket 20/6 - 23/6

Wednesday 20 September 2006
HomeAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">sp.gifBPP
Hampshire v Lancashire (10:00 BST)2.201.83100% Related markets...Match Result (Draw No Bet)- - -Match ResultWin First Innings
Kent v Middlesex (10:00 BST)1.532.65103% Related markets...Match Result (Draw No Bet)- - -Match ResultWin First Innings
Yorkshire v Durham (10:00 BST)1.882.2099% Related markets...Match Result (Draw No Bet)- - -Match ResultWin First Innings
Nottinghamshire v Sussex (10:30 BST)2.331.75100%
HomeAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">sp.gifBPP
Derbyshire v Surrey (10:00 BST)2.851.53101% Related markets...Match Result (Draw No Bet)- - -Match ResultWin First Innings
Glamorgan v Gloucestershire (10:00 BST)2.271.68104% Related markets...Match Result (Draw No Bet)- - -Match ResultWin First Innings
Leicestershire v Essex (10:00 BST)2.751.55101% Related markets...Match Result (Draw No Bet)- - -Match ResultWin First Innings
Northamptonshire v Worcestershire (10:00 BST)2.281.70103%
Final week this week. So many promotion/relegation possibilities still to be settled. Sussex 8pts clear of Lancashire at the top of Div1. Yorkshire vs Durham sees the loser relegated to Div 2. Essex and Worcestershire fighting it out for 2nd in Div 2 and the 2nd promotion spot. Due to Sussex being huge favs for the title the Sky cameras are at Trent Bridge for their match with Notts. 10pts Sussex to beat Notts 1.75 Expekt Sussex go to Trent Bridge knowing a win of any kind sees them champions. Anything else opens the door for Lancashire to come along at the last minute. Notts need 4 bonus points to be assured of safety in Div1 for next season. Notts are at full strength. Their results have gradually been improving this season and they upset Sussex in the Pro40 at the weekend. I think the main priority for Notts is to get the 4pts they need to stay up. Once that's over I expect their intensity to drop a little as it becomes a nothing match for them. Sussex have a full strength squad for this clash. Michael Yardy and Rana Naved both play. They have been the best side in the country this season in 4 day cricket, mostly down to Mushtaq Ahmed who is 11 wickets short of 100 Championship wickets for the season. Sussex know a win will see them champions again and Notts have 4pts on their minds. I think both will get what they need from the match and as such I'm backing the South coast side to win this one. 10pts Notts (+40.5runs) 1st Inns Lead 10/11 Sporting Odds Bonus points are only handed out in the 1st innings of Championship matches so with Notts needing 4 of those I expect them to be going for it in the 1st innings. On paper there's not much difference between the 2 batting lineup's and if anything Notts could be slightly stronger. They will want to score good runs for the bonus points and if they do that then Sussex will struggle to go 41 runs beyond them. It's quite a big handicap to cover for a batting lineup that has been known to score low totals. 5pts ew M.Prior Top Sussex Bat 6/1 Boylesports (1/4 1,2,3) This bet applies to 1st inns only. Matt Prior is one of the better batsmen in the Sussex lineup. He's hit 3 centuries and 3 half centuries in the Championship this season. He averages 42.85 for the season in 4 day cricket and on this stage he will want to do well to impress the England selectors. I expect him to score a few runs and he has every chance of top scoring. 2 more bets for the non TV matches from the start. 10pts Yorkshire to beat Durham 5/6 Stan James WInner takes all in this Headingley clash. The winner stays in Division 1 and the loser drops to Division 2. Yorkshire are at full strength for the match. The Tykes welcome back Anthony McGrath and Tim Bresnan for the match. Darren Lehmann plays his last ever county match in this one. Durham will use Paul Wiseman as a 2nd spin option in the match. Other than England absentees the Dynamos are also at full strength. Everything is on Yorkshire's side here, form, better side and home advantage and I think they'll win and maintain their top flight status. 10pts Northants to beat Worcestershire 5/4 William Hill Worcestershire need to win and bridge a 4pt gap on Essex in order to gain promotion. Northants have no promotion issues resting on the game. Northants seamer Matt Nicholson has returned back to ustralia for physio treatment ready for the Aussie season so David Wigley takes his place. Monty Panesar is able to play in this match. Northants batsmen Chris Rogers has been in superb recent form with the bat and will hope to continue that here. Worcestershire are likely to play 2 spinners at Wantage Rd. Ray Price will replace Roger Sillence. That makes sense as the pitches always turn at Northampton. They are at full strength for the game. All the pressure is on Worcester in this match but Northants have only lost 4 matches this season - 2 of them to runaway champions Surrey so they are not an easy side to beat. Monty Panesar could be key for the home side in this match and I fancy them to upset Worcester in this one.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.