Australian Golf Courses

Re: Australian Golf Courses G'day mate, I'm from Melbourne just wanted to pass on some info on the golfing around these parts, in Melbourne itself there are two new courses that have just opened, devil bend, can not remember the other ones name, but they are top notch public courses to go with the established Albert Park etc. The courses are all in a mid range in terms of their difficulty and are all within 40 min of the city centre if you were to base yourself in the cbd. The courses on the Gold Coast are beautiful resort style courses, a bit more geared to the older golfers, expensive to play and better the further up the queensland coast you go, again you could base in the top end of the Gold Coast and find probably 5 good courses within 1-2 hour car trip. It is also worth a note that a lot of regional victroia and new south wales are very dry at the moment and as such the courses are suffering so it is best to check out each region before making plans to go there. Bendigo and that central victorian area is so dry under foot that it makes the golfing a bit difficult and takes a far toll out of your clubs, also in the boader towns at Echuca/Moama it would be advisable to check ahead what the weather is like and how the courses are fairing, the fairways are still green but it is v hard under foot and the rough is really bad at some courses. That's about all I know about, Perth gets great reviews but it is a long and expensive trip from the south-east, also check out Byron Bay and the surrounding areas, I have never been to any courses there but as a whole the area is beautiful and there has been a lot of new developments in the past few years. Best of luck with your plans