Fridays Focus games

GaF

Re: Fridays Focus games

a reminder again of the core sites please gaf?:ok
Listed in post 1 of the "Are you the best player on PL?" thread :ok Off the top of my head..... Sporting Odds (Boss) Virgin (Boss) Betfred (iPoker) Titan (iPoker) Pokerstars (Own network) Think that's it :unsure

As its a freeroll, for a change, why not the Nordicbet at 6.30? With about 4000 entrants there will be many points available?
Yeah - sure will be plenty of points available - I don't like the "value" though - at about 35c player, by my usual criteria, it shouldn't even be in the diary - not sure I want to "push" people towards such a poor value freeroll :unsure

Re: Fridays Focus games Yeah - I'd enjoy the HOSE/HORSE - but as you say, don't seem to be many low fee ones around any more on Stars.... Also hesitant to have another variation so quickly after such a low turnout last Monday for the Omaha.......

Re: Fridays Focus games Am going for the 11 am Betway freeroll on Saturday too...... I KNOW it's not an ideal option, but with so many big buy in events on Saturday Night (on non core sites, so cannot be focus games) I would rather go for the early game than end up getting us all playing the Bet365 freeroll at the same time as other buy in games.......l The Betway is also a higher value game :ok

As the only real option at the moment - Nordicbet freeroll it is :ok
Why not the HU at SO again... or another low buy in MTT... say $10... Or simply turn friday night into PL Private MTT at Prima ??? I for one would never spend my time on Nordic bet freeroll... as you said Gaf... Very poor value... PS. SORRY FOR MAKING SUGGESTIONS SOOOOOO LATE

Re: Fridays Focus games The problem is - whilst I know you wouldn't play something like the Nordicbet, a lot of others will - a typical $10 buy in, unless it is huge added value, just isn't supported - focus games with 6 entries or so, just aren't worthwhile!!!! If you want more buy in games - here's an opportunity ;) But it NEEDS TO BE SUPPORTED if it is what people want!!! - http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34611

Re: Fridays Focus games Just a suggestion gaf? Why not run 2 BPP leagues running side by side The first would be a freeroll event every night with the other league costing of a buy in every night This way everyone would be happy (potentially) I know it potentially means more work for you but it may mean less grief in the long run What do you think?

I for one would never spend my time on Nordic bet freeroll... as you said Gaf... Very poor value...
O.K. I might be sounding thick here, I understand the concept of value for a game that you have to buy into, ie prize money per head combined with amount spent and no. of players entered. How can a game that costs nothing to play be bad value, except for the fact that you will spend a while playing?

Re: Fridays Focus games Freeroll value = payout divided by players, giving what it would have cost you to enter that tournament. So $100 freeroll with 1000 entries ... equal to 10 cent buy in...poor ''value''. $1000 freeroll with 100 entries...equal to $10 buy in...great ''value''.

O.K. I might be sounding thick here, I understand the concept of value for a game that you have to buy into, ie prize money per head combined with amount spent and no. of players entered. How can a game that costs nothing to play be bad value, except for the fact that you will spend a while playing?
I think they just mean that, while there is positive value, the amount of positive value is poor (compared to other "value" tournaments).

Re: Fridays Focus games I am thinking about my time aswell. If I spend 3 or 4 hours playing a pokergame, the potential payout in the end HAVE to be more than a few $ per hour... ...and to be honest... freeroll poker doesn't appeal much to me, too many "crazy" players going all in all the time, to be a large stack from the beginning. But hey... don't change anything, I think most people on PL like the way the league is now. I will just be the weekly secret guest sometimes :loon

But hey... don't change anything' date=' I think most people on PL like the way the league is now. I will just be the weekly secret guest sometimes :loon[/quote'] Either that OR you could vote for the kind of games you would play in - like the Hendon Mob League ;) $10 buy in and looks like loads of added value/prizes ...........