Cricket - DLF Cup

Re: Cricket - DLF Cup I think it was fairly obvious that Windies weren't concerned too much about winning hence Gayle batted 6 and Lara batted at 9. If they wanted to win neither would have batted outside the top 4. Clever from Windies really as losing gives India a chance of making the final and when you've got such a good recent record over a side it's probably those you'd want to face in the final rather than the World champions. Was looking dodgy for me for a while but the handicap came in by 2 runs so a small loss for me on the day but not as bad as it could have been.

Re: Cricket - DLF Cup

Good call Kev' date=' it's nice to come in from work and see a positive balance. Talksport weren't so hot with the West Indies updates what with the 'bung' scandal and ryder cup weather/tigers Mrs taking up all the news, so I have been on tenderhooks all morning.[/quote'] It's probably a good thing you didn't know the score mate. It looked bleak at half time then at 96-7 it looked good. Then Lara walked out to the crease! India's win sets up a potential cracker on Friday. India vs Australia, winner takes all to face the Windies in the final.

Re: Cricket - DLF Cup Australia vs India winners takes all in the morning. 10pts Australia -2.5wickets/27.5runs to beat India 5/6 Sporting Odds Australia rest the in form Shane Watson and Michael Clarke for this match. They line up as follows: 1 Matthew Hayden, 2 Simon Katich, 3 Ricky Ponting (capt), 4 Damien Martyn, 5 Andrew Symonds, 6 Michael Hussey, 7 Brad Haddin (wk), 8 Brad Hogg, 9 Brett Lee, 10 Stuart Clark, 11 Glenn McGrath. Gilchrist aside they are bringing their 1st choice batting lineup to the party along with their 2 best bowlers. India may well be unchanged although there are doubts over Agit Agarkar and Yuvraj Singh, both of who were feeling unwell today. Their batting lineup needs to come to the party here. Other than the 309 against WI in their 1st match, 141 of those coming from Tendulkar, they haven't scored anywhere near enough runs. The rain came down to save India on Saturday night but Australia are sending out a stronger side here. They have an incredibly good record over India and haven't failed to make a tri-series final since 2002. I think they'll win and win well enough to cover the handicap. 10pts A.Symonds Performance Pts 48&Over 5/6 Bet365 Andrew Symonds is a superb 3-dimensional cricketer. He would have been named 1day cricketer of the year last year had he not ruled himself out of the award. He's an aggressive batsman, canny bowler and superb fielder and is always in the game. This target looks fairly high but he's so good I would expect him to cover it more often than not. Overs for me. 5pts ew M.Hussey Top Aussie Bat 5/1 Boylesports (1/4 1,2,3) Michael Hussey top scored against the Windies the other night with a sublime unbeaten century. He's an astonishing 1 day batsmen for Australia with statistics that beggar belief. His century will give him great confidence and with Watson and Clarke - the 2 who scored all the runs vs India on Saturday - not playing here Hussey can go well again. 2pts B.Lee Man of the Match 12/1 Bet365 India collapsed to 35-5 against Australia on Saturday night and a lot of that was to do with the pace of Mitchell Johnson. They couldn't handle him the other night so handling Brett Lee will be no easier. This match is on the same uneven pitch that India played WI on. Quite a few balls kept low in that match as the pitch has a dip in it causing uneven bounce. With uneven bounce at Lee's pace he could be unplayable and has a great chance of landing the MOM award.

Re: Cricket - DLF Cup Sickening effort from the Aussies. All out for 214. Some horrid running between wickets, not surprisingly involving ole Martyn on more than one occasion. I'm wondering if the Aussies really cared much for this tournament. They've played all sorts of experimental line-ups and then threw together one of their better 11s for this match. Surely they knew that guys like Martyo and Symmo wouldn't just come in and 'click' with FA cricket under their belts? Anyhow, hopefully the Aussies can make a fist of this as I see a few of my fellow forumites are on them. GL guys :ok

Re: Cricket - DLF Cup Bit of everything that match! Poor batting display from the Aussies and then umpiring controversy when Sachin was given out only to be recalled back to the crease! Nightmare for me really but thankfully his 5 wicket haul earnt Brett Lee the MOM to save me.

Re: Cricket - DLF Cup We're down to the final of the DLF Cup. It's Windies vs Australia. Change of pitch again, they are back on the good pitch for this one.

Australia1.41.361.41.41.41.451.41.361.41.41.361.41.361.361.441.43
West Indies2.7532.7532.752.752.752.872.7532.872.75333.22.95
I think Australia will win this one but I'm not taking that price so here's my bets. 10pts Australia -2.5wickets/27.5runs to beat WI 5/6 Sporting Odds Both sides have rode their luck in getting to this final and while both sides have chopped and changed their lineup both sides are putting their strongest teams out and will want to win. Australia have all the big guns in. Ponting, Clarke, Hussey, Katich, Symonds, McGrath, Lee and Bracken all play. They haven't really fired like an Australian team can in this series but they will want to turn it on in the final particularly against the WI who they could be playing in the ICC Champions Trophy next month. WI have Corey Collymore missing but are at full strength other than that. They messed around with their batting order in their last match but that will return to normal here. WI will take confidence from winning 1 and losing 1 they should have won against Australia already in this event. It has to be said though that they were against weaker sides than the Aussies have here. Australia usually play their best cricket in finals ad I see that as being no exception here. Lee is on fire with the ball and their batting lineup have all scored runs in the tournament. I think Australia will win and I'm confident they'll pull out all the stops and will win easily enough to cover the handicap. 10pts B.Haddin's Performance Pts 40&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch, 25pts per stumping. Brad Haddin has been in superb form with the bat so far in the series and is a very good gloveman. He's an aggressive batsman who can either come in and rescue an innings or come in and up the run rate. With McGrath and Bracken swinging the new ball he could well get some catches and with Symonds and Hogg in the side stumpings aren't out of question either so I take the Aussie wicket-keeper to cover this target. 5pts ew S.Watson Top Australia Bat 7/1 Boylesports (1/4 1,2,3) Shane Watson is an underrated performer in this Australian squad. His 77 off 74 balls vs India in match 3 was enough for him to top score in that match which shows us he's in good nick. Having seen him at Hampshire last season I know he's much more at home against the seamers which Windies have plenty of and with him wanting to go well in this match to hopefully push for a place in the starting XI for the Champions Trophy I expect a big knock from Watto. 5pts Over 7 6's 11/8 Sporting Odds The Kinrara Oval is not a big ground and there have been lots of 6's hit in this tournament. With the importance of the occasion and the attacking batting talent on display I'm confident that we'll see a few more 6's in this match.