Cricket - DLF Cup

This is a ODI series between India, Aussies and W Indies. It is held in Malaysia. Kev has 3 outright series bets India @ 3.50 10 pts Ponting top Aus bat @ 3.50 8pts Dhoni top India bat @ 11.0 2pts for match 1 (Aussies v W Indies) Windies win on the handicap (+4.5 wkts / 37.5 runs) @ 1.80 S Odds 10 pts Sarwan performance 34 and over @ 1.83 Watson performance 37 and over @ 1.83 Gayle top bat @ 5.0 5pts EW game KO @ 7am UK time so sorry for not giving much notice, he only told me an hour ago though

Re: Cricket - DLF Cup Thanks Meaty for posting the early tips. Was the unluckiest of starts. Watson took 4 wickets so his performance came in easily but Sarwan was 2pts short for his and Windies lost their last 9 wickets for 29 runs to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Game 2 is today which is India vs Windies. Starts at 7.30am, apologies for the short notice but I've only recently been back online. For the rest of the tourney I'll get bets sorted much more in advance :ok 10pts India (-2.5wkts/14.5runs) to beat WI 10/11 Sporting Odds India lost 4-1 to the West Indies in the Caribbean in May but they have Sachin Tendulkar back for this series. WI have already played a match in this competition losing heavily to Australia after a dramatic batting collapse. India are close to full strength with Yuvraj Singh being their only major absentee. He will be replaced by Dinesh Mongia. WI will field the same side which lost to Australia on Tuesday. The pitch on Tuesday was very much up and down which isn't what batsmen prefer ideally but runs were still scored on the pitch. It's not the same pitch for this match but at the same ground there won't be much difference. Both sides have the bowling attacks to exploit the conditions but with Pathan and Agarkar likely to bat 8 and 9 for India they have much the stronger batting lineup to deal with any problematic conditions. Given the matches in this series are day/night matches backing India at 4/7 is ill advised so I'll take India to cover a relatively short handicap. 10pts V.Sehwag's Performance Pts 40pts&Over 5/6 Bet365 Pts are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Virender Sehwag scored 237 runs at an average of 47.40 and took 1 wicket in the 5 match series in the Caribbean in May so he likes batting against the WI. He only bowled 13 overs in that series due to India playing 2 frontline spinners. They won't do that here so he will get through most of his 10 over allocation. He can hit 40 with the bat either openning or coming in at 3 or 4 and on these pitches which should turn a bit has every chance of getting a wicket. I think he'll cover this spread. 10pts D.Bravo's Performance Pts Under 43 5/6 Bet365 Dwayne Bravo is coming off the back off a pretty poor spell as overseas player for Kent in the English domestic cricket and didn't have the best of 1st matches in this series. He took a wicket but was 6th choice bowler and went for 7 an over. With the bat he contributed only 8 runs. Given how he is out of form I think this target will be a bit too high for him to cover. 5pts ew R.Sarwan Top WI Bat 4/1 Boylesports (1/4 1,2,3) In the recent series Ramnaresh Sarwan hit 273 runs at an average of 91 so seems to enjoy playing against India. He made 22 against Australia before pulling a ball to mid wicket. He seems to mature as a batsmen every year as he showed us in the Twenty20 final where he led his Guyana side to victory. This isn't the strongest Windies batting lineup and I can't see him being out of the top 3. A continuation of his form from the May series will be enough to top score too. 5pts Over 6 6's 7/5 Sporting Odds There were 7 6's in the Australia-WI match, 6 of those coming from the Caribbean men. India are no strangers to hitting 6's with Tendulkar, Sehwag, Dhoni and Pathan in their ranks and with this ground not being the biggest, even on a pitch favouring the bowlers I fancy lots of 6's to be hit.

Re: Cricket - DLF Cup Today's match was rain affected. Windies won by 29 runs on the D/L method. All bets were void except the 6's bet which was a winner as there had already been 9 6's hit before the heavens opened so a 7pt profit on the day which just about puts us back in profit for the tournament. Australia vs India is Saturday and I'll get some bets sorted tomorrow afternoon.

Re: Cricket - DLF Cup Game 3 of the series is Australia vs India. Game starts at 6.30am tomorrow morning.

Australia1.531.441.441.571.531.51.61.51.51.51.571.441.571.441.441.551.581.55
India2.372.622.622.52.372.52.32.52.52.52.52.622.252.622.622.652.662.55
10pts India to beat Australia 13/8 Betfred Both sides have played 1 match so far. Australia comfortably beating the Windies while India lost to West Indies in a rain affected match. That makes this one pretty much a must win for India. Australia are sticking with their younger upcoming players for this match with their only change from the opening match being Hayden coming in for Katich. That means inexperienced players at international level like Jaques, Cosgrove and Watson will play. Haddin will be behind the stumps with Gilchrist rested. Their bowling attack contains McGrath but there's no Lee or Warne for this. Supporting McGrath will be Mitchell Johnson, Nathan Bracken and Dan Cullen. India have Yuvraj Singh back for this match. He will replace either Mohammed Kaif or Suresh Raina. Other than that though India are at full strength. Their main man, Tendulkar showed he is in fine form with a sparkling 141 not out on Thursday and he has a good record against Australia so will look to continue his form. India look to have the stronger side on paper, Australia have the winning mentality but it's ok resting players against WI but India are a much stronger side. As I said this is a must win match for India and I'll take them to win. 10pts I.Pathan's Preformance Pts Under 51 5/6 Bet365 Pts are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20 pts per wicket. Irfan Pathan has been out of form for a while with the ball. He made a fluent half century against WI with the bat on Thursday then went for 11 an over with the ball. He will go in and bat at no3 if the 1st wicket falls in the 1st 15 overs and will be used as a pinch hitter. His success with the bat in this match could be countered not only by McGrath's accuracy but by Bracken swinging one away from him. I don't see Pathan taking more than 1 wicket so he'll need more than 30 runs to pass this target which I think is beyond him. 10pts S.Tendulkar's Performance Pts 43&Over 5/6 Bet365 Sachin showed his class with his majestic century against WI on Thursday and he has a good career record against the Aussies too. With such a strong batting lineup around him, Sachin can take his time to move through the gears. Whilst he's quite capable of hitting this target with the bat he may well turn his arm over for a few overs as well so that he has some bowling practice before the ICC Champions Trophy. He's a good all round cricketer and is still the star player in World cricket and I think he'll cover this. 5pts ew M.Clarke Top Aussie Bat 11/2 Boylesports (1/4 1,2,3) Michael Clarke top scored for Australia against WI on Tuesday. He is very much a confidence player and there's no doubt that knock will give him confidence. He's a class player and with Australia resting a few of their stars he hasn't got the strongest lineup to beat. As always Boyles offer us 3 places in their each way market and I can't see "Pup" being out of the top 3 in this order.

Re: Cricket - DLF Cup Luckily the rain came to our rescue on Saturday. The only bet which was settled was Michael Clarke placing as top Aussie bat so a small gain on that day. Australia play WI in game 4 later this morning. Apologies for the late post, had to work today so i've not been around. 5pts WI to beat Australia 12/5 Sporting Odds In a pre-agreed arrangement Australia have sent home Saturday's hero Mitchell Johnson, along with Mark Cosgrove and Phil Jaques. They have decided to rest captain Ricky Ponting for this match. Replacing the 3 homeward bound stars will be Brett Lee, Matthew Hayden and Andrew Symonds. Michael Hussey will replace Ponting and will captain the side. West Indies will keep the same side that played India in game 2. They will want to put right their collapse in the 1st match with Australia where they got themselves into a winning position only to fall away. With rain spoiling 2 of the 3 matches so far in the tournament I think it's worth taking low stakes on WI as if D/L does come into play it becomes a bit of a lottery. WI open their innings with Chris Gayle and are often ahead of the D/L run rate while he's at the crease, making it a little less of a lottery. 10pts D.Bravo's Performance Pts - Under 43 5/6 Bet365 Pts are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. I played this bet in game 2 of the series and am happy to do so again. Dwayne Bravo is not in form and so far in the tournament has not shown any signs of improving his form. He hasn't been bowling his full amount of overs and as a better bowler than a batsman that's not going to help him cover this target. 5pts ew M.Hussey Top Aussie Bat 11/2 Boylesports (1/4 1,2,3) Michael Hussey has rapidly become one of the most deadliest finisher of innings in 1 day cricket in the world. He averages a quite amazing 77.06 in ODI's with a strike rate of 97.47. Those stats prove he's a class act. Captaining the side here should ensure the best comes of him and he's a very nice price to top score. 1pt B.Hogg Man of the Match 25/1 Bet365 The pitch which is being used for this match is the same one which was used on Saturday. Sure with the rain around there will be moisture in it for the seamers but also lots of rough for the spinners. Used pitches traditionally turn, wherever they are and this will be no different. Bradley Hogg can score valuable runs at the back end of an innings and his left arm chinaman bowling can be very effective. If the pitch turns like I expect it too then Hogg's going to be right in the game and at 25/1 is worth a small investment.

Re: Cricket - DLF Cup If you can't laugh, you'll cry. On one hand, you have Clark giving the West Indies 23 runs in the 30th over and then a couple of overs later, Gayle gets caught and bowled and the Indies go from coasting this to merely being in a very strong position. 17 overs, 7 wickets left and 74 runs required. :\

Re: Cricket - DLF Cup As Stereoman and Rockhard said, Windies won but not without a few scares along the way! A superb run chase under lights and a fantastic century by Michael Hussey made me a 36.38pt profit for the day after Bravo's performance lost. Windies through to the final. India must win both remaining matches to qualify. Next match is India vs Windies on Wednesday.

Re: Cricket - DLF Cup India vs West Indies in the morning. 6.30am start. Here's my bets. 10pts India -2.5wickets/14.5runs to beat WI 10/11 Sporting Odds This is a must win game for India, if they lose they're gonners. WI are already through and will be making a few changes to their side. India will make 1 change from the Australia match. Sreesanth is likely to come in for Rutra Pratap Singh in the bowling attack but their batting will remain the same. WI bring Corey Collymore and Runako Morton into their side in place of Dwayne Bravo and Jerome Taylor. Often when sides are through their intensity disappears and I'm hoping that's what will happen here. India are too good a side not to be competitive here and this handicap isn't the biggest. If they play well they should cover it. 10pts S.Tendulkar's Performance Pts 42&Over 5/6 Bet365 Sachin proved in the last meeting between these 2 sides how much a class act he is with a superb 141*. Often when India need something special from Sachin the little master produces it and they'll need everything he can give them in the next 2 matches. He's quite simply the best batsmen ever to grace the game and I fully expect him to achieve this target. 10pts Over 7 6's 6/4 Sporting Odds The boundaries at the Kinrara Oval are very short, among the shortest in World cricket. The likes of Sachin, Sehwag, Dhoni and Gayle can mishit shots for 6 here. There were over 10 6's in the last match played here between WI and Australia and there will be plenty more again in this one. 5pts ew C.Gayle Top WI Bat 4/1 Boylesports (1/4 1,2,3) Chris Gayle is having an excellent tournament so far. In his 3 matches so far he averages over 60. His style never changes, he'll go on the offensive from ball 1 and if there is a lack of intensity from his colleagues he can take advantage. Having already hit 2 half centuries here he's my man to top score in this game.

Re: Cricket - DLF Cup I've just read the preview on cricinfo. Dead rubber for the West Indies so I think I'll have abit of India myself. Despite the fact that they are desperate for the win to help qualify for the final stage I guess they are also keen to end this losing streak especially before the champions trophy begins. Srisrinath in for RP Singh is not a bad move IMO.

Re: Cricket - DLF Cup He was quite impressive against England in the winter I thought. Credit to the WIndies for qualifying but they have had a bit of luck in doing so with rain coming to their aid against India and India then having a no result against the Aussies. WI have the Indian sign over India in recent times so India will be keen to get rid of that.

Re: Cricket - DLF Cup

I've just read the preview on cricinfo. Dead rubber for the West Indies so I think I'll have abit of India myself. Despite the fact that they are desperate for the win to help qualify for the final stage I guess they are also keen to end this losing streak especially before the champions trophy begins. Srisrinath in for RP Singh is not a bad move IMO.
yeh I'm gonna have a bit of India as well I reckon, I like the look of them here. Nice write ups Kev btw - your in pretty hot form arent you matey at the moment? sometimes it really is irresistible to ignore your bets ;) GL :hope :hope :hope :hope

Re: Cricket - DLF Cup

yeh I'm gonna have a bit of India as well I reckon, I like the look of them here. Nice write ups Kev btw - your in pretty hot form arent you matey at the moment? sometimes it really is irresistible to ignore your bets ;) GL :hope :hope :hope :hope
Aye form is good when rain doesn't get involved Meaty mate. Hopefully I can keep the form going for the rest of this, the ICC, Ashes and World Cup too. Right off to Brentford. C'mon you hatters :loon