Rugby League: Super League - Round 27

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 27 :hope for Warrington to hit form coming into the playoffs! Henry, you do have a serious point about Warrington. On our day we can beat anyone in Super League eg Bradford, Hull & Leeds (not quite Saints....and Salford lol). We perform better when the spotlight is off as and treated as underdogs (look back at the (+/-) theory). It's a massive ask, but who knows....our playoff record is poor with 2 defeats from 2!

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 27 If we employ the (+/-) theory surely Warrington have got this Superleague won.:lol The pressure really is off Warrington this year. no one gives them a prayer(Least of all some Betfair punter). Theyve got to be buoyed by the Hull victory and it wouldnt surprise me if they beat Saints at the weekend. I dont know when the markets for who the Superleague finalists will be but I fancy the favourites will be Saints/Hull but I quite fancy a Saints/Leeds final. Timely news that Maguire is back in contention this week. Youd have to fancy a full strength Leeds to see off Hull at the KC if everything goes to script. That could be a good price.

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 27 Slightly off topic, but didn't feel the need to put in General Chat or Sports Banter What do you rugby nuts think of the below!? I quite like the idea in principle and the ticket prices are very reasonable!!

Super League heading for Cardiff
_41403305_millennium.203b.jpg The Millennium Stadium in Cardiff has a capacity of 74,000
Cardiff's Millennium Stadium will host an entire round of Super League fixtures next season. Three games will be played on both the 5 and 6 May, with exact details to be confirmed by the Rugby Football League. The stadium, with a capacity of 74,000, was a popular venue for the Challenge Cup final from 2003 to 2005. "We want to build on both the fans' liking for the venue and the progress rugby league is making in Wales," said RFL executive chairman Richard Lewis.
o.gif Rugby league fans have a high regard for the Millennium Stadium and believe me the feeling is mutual Millennium Stadium's Paul Sergeant
A one-day pass, entitling spectators to watch three games, will cost from £18 to £30, with discounts for concessions. A weekend six-game pass will cost from £30 to £45, with concessions again available. "I know rugby league fans have a high regard for the Millennium Stadium," said Millennium Stadium chief executive Paul Sergeant. "Their spirit, good humour and energy to enjoy themselves makes the 'Millennium Magic' weekend a mouth watering prospect for all involved."

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 27

Looks interesting' date=' I wonder how many people will go? I'm sure it's been worked out but isn't it a bit unfair because 6 clubs will be at a disadvantage of having one less "home" game than the other six.[/quote'] Good point Paul, never thought of that!

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 27

:hope for Warrington to hit form coming into the playoffs! Henry, you do have a serious point about Warrington. On our day we can beat anyone in Super League eg Bradford, Hull & Leeds (not quite Saints....and Salford lol). We perform better when the spotlight is off as and treated as underdogs (look back at the (+/-) theory). It's a massive ask, but who knows....our playoff record is poor with 2 defeats from 2!
Wow, a team as bad as Hull's record We're 1/5........and we all know who the 1 was against :ok This is the year Hull make the GF. Hard to state they'll beat Saints but our record v Saints is 4-3 in the last 7. Makes you think