Mlb 04/09

GB80

My bets for today: Arizona Diamondback vs Florida Marlins OVER 9.5 RUNS @ 2.00 (Mansion) Both pitchers ERA's are high. Enrique Gonzalez pitches for the Diamondbacks, and only 2 of his 7 starts in August could be considered good, and both of those were at home. He hasn't had a good game on the road since early June. Brian Moehler of the Marlins hasn't started a game since July, although he has pitched well in relief recently. St Louis Cardinals vs Washington Nationals OVER 9.5 @ 1.90 (Mansion) Jason Marquis of the Cardinals hasn't pitched well at all recently. Ramon Ortiz hasn't set the world alight for the Nationals either. Both go tonight. Los Angeles Dodgers vs Milwaukee Brewers UNDER 8.5 @ 1.94 (Mansion) I'm not a big fan of taking Under when its lower than 9, but I think its worth it here. Greg Maddux has had a new lease of life since joining the Dodgers. Dave Bush goes for the Brewers, and although his ERA is mediocur, he loves pitching at home and rarely gives too much away. Houston Astros vs Philadelphia Phillies UNDER 8.5 @ 1.90 (Mansion) Another horrible looking 8.5, but again I think this one is safe. Roger Clemens has been superb since he came back, and has a 2.29 ERA. Cole Hamels pitches for the Phillies, and apart from a bad start in Chicago has also been very good lately. Cincinatti Reds to beat San Fransisco Giants @ 1.80 (Mansion) Brad Hennessey pitches for the Giants, and since coming into the rotation from the bullpen hasn't been great. He doesn't seem to be able to get past the 4th inning without running into problems. Cincinatti haven't been hot recently, and need to put a run together very very soon, but they have a good opportunity here. LA Angels to beat Baltimore Orioles (-1.5) @ 2.22 (Mansion) Despite losing his last 2, Jered Weaver has been superb for the Angels this season. Even if he's not at his best, the Angels should have too much for Orioles starter Rodrigo Lopez, who has the most loses in the AL.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.