Ripon 29/08

Re: Ripon 29/08 Must agree Bowles, not very thrilling today. Anyway, I think i've found a fantastic lay though. Inside Story in the 2.20. Currently the 3.70 favourite. It's a big field (15) and Inside Story doesnt have the bets of draws - stall 5 for a course that usually favours high numbers. Mick easterby, the trainer, is in very poor form of late and has not saddled a winner in the last 14 days (from 26 runs). His strike rate at Ripon is also reasonably poor with 9 from 135 in the last five seasons and just 1 from 25 in 2006. Inside story is (joint) top weight and carries 9st 12lb, which is 10lb more than his last win and more than he's ever carried. I also have doubts over the going as he seems to act on firmer or the AW and although he's been tried at numerous distances - his form seems to be best at a few furlongs less. The booking of Winston for the first time should ensure a good ride but he doesnt have the best of SR's at Ripon 7% - 12 from 151 but most persuasively, he's never ridden a winner on a 4YO+ in 47 attempts at ripon. Inside story is 4 years old.