chelsea+manu. +8% yield. 19 bets.

Re: chelsea, manu, liverpool

Interesting stats Mr Muppet. Out of interest - have you tried omitting August to mid September results when running your back-tests? Not sure whether early season irregularites affect top teams but would be interesting to see whether it improves your profit margins or not?
here you go - i omitted the first 5 games of each season to see if it improved. 4/6 seasons did improve, and overall it improved by a yield of +4.1% from 13.8% to +17.9%.

doubles

profit

yield

'old' yield

improved ?

-7.3%

-15.6%

yes

49.1%

35.9%

yes

15.7%

3.1%

yes

-0.2%

6.6%

no

37.3%

36.5%

yes

12.6%

16.2%

no

ALL

17.9%

13.8%

yes

******************edit see thread 41***************

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: chelsea, manu, liverpool Thanks for answering; is difficult from those results to decide on best plan of action: 1) Overall an increase of yield by 4.1% which looks good, however, 2) A reduction in yield for the last three most recent years (-10%) So is it best to go with the long term stats or the more recent?

Re: chelsea, manu, liverpool One way, I suppose, to answer this question would be to look at singles (not doubles) and see if top teams perform any better or worse in their first 5 games of the season to any other times in the season) - this is something I have been meaning to look at, the differences in performance over the course of the season (presumably weather does have an influence - but perhaps not to top teams (when at home - as you'd expect their "expensive" stadiums to not get as affected by the weather?).

Nice treble last weekend. I can see this making money providing Liverpool sort themselves out. They'll probably let you down more than any other side I reckon. Hope not but thats my gut feeling here.
that's why i am running the double bet of the 'top2' teams along side it. the double and treble, in the long term, performed pretty similarly.

Re: chelsea, manu, liverpool There may be teams in other leagues more consistent than Liverpool. Last season if you'd included Reading with the top 3 you would have made good profit. This season i'm thinking Notts Forest or Swindon could be the teams to use alongside Chelsea and Man Utd. Just an idea you could paper trial and you'll get better odds for one of those teams than the usual 1-4 type odds you get for Chelsea. :ok

Re: chelsea, manu, liverpool Hi there people, i am new to the forum and i was just reading this thread. I had a similar idea sometime ago myself. I have a certain suggestion to make. Since it is pretty hard to find 3 consistent teams in a certain league during a year and you risk of picking the wrong teams, why don't you consider using teams from different leagues, teams that you know for sure they will be consistent ie Chelsea, Man Utd, Barcelona, Bayern Munich etc? Just an idea.:)

Re: chelsea, manu, liverpool the following figures below are a more accurate backtest, using the best odds on the bookies favourite and second favourite to win the league:

MU AR

MU AR

MU AR

AR MU

CH AR

CH MU

fav

2nd fav

both

fav

-2.6%

5.9%

9.4%

18.3%

32.2%

14.5%

2nd fav

-14.1%

15.9%

-0.3%

2.2%

7.1%

8.2%

both

-8.3%

10.9%

4.5%

10.2%

19.6%

11.3%

ALL SEASONS

PROFIT

BETS

YIELD

fav

12.9%

2nd fav

3.2%

BOTH

8.0%

i don't really have an interest in other leagues, and besides i don't have a record of who the favs were - i found it difficult enough to find the epl favourites.

Hi there people' date=' i am new to the forum and i was just reading this thread. I had a similar idea sometime ago myself. I have a certain suggestion to make. Since it is pretty hard to find 3 consistent teams in a certain league during a year and you risk of picking the wrong teams, why don't you consider using teams from different leagues, teams that you know for sure they will be consistent ie Chelsea, Man Utd, Barcelona, Bayern Munich etc? Just an idea.:)[/quote'] using doubles of:
intermilan
barcelonareal madrid
bayern munichwerder bremen
chelseaman united
this season:

profit

+6.91

yield

+69.1%

wins

stake

strike

70%

Re: chelsea, manu, liverpool double with bet365 :form_h2h_team('CHE','LIV','CHE')'>Chelsea vs :form_h2h_team('CHE','LIV','LIV')'>Liverpool 1.83 ;) :form_h2h_team('MNU','ARS','MNU')'>Manchester Utd vs :form_h2h_team('MNU','ARS','ARS')'>Arsenal 1.90 :eyes => 3.50:eyes double wins 3 bets 5 strike 60% profit +0.55 yield +11% treble wins 1 bets 3 strike 33% profit +0.17 yield +5%

Re: chelsea, manu, liverpool treble with ladbrokes Liverpool v Tottenham 1.57 ;) Fulham v Chelsea 1.44 ;) Reading v Man Utd 1.53 :eyes => 3.48 :eyes double with ladbrokes Fulham v Chelsea 1.40 ;) Reading v Man Utd 1.50 :eyes => 2.21 :eyes double wins 3 bets 6 strike 50% profit -0.45 yield -8% treble wins 1 bets 4 strike 25% profit -0.83 yield -21%

Re: chelsea, manu, liverpool treble with ladbrokes Liverpool 2.00 :eyes Chelsea 1.33 :eyes Man Utd 1.33:) => 3.54:eyes double with ladbrokes Chelsea 1.33:eyes Man Utd 1.33:) => 1.77:eyes double wins 3 bets 7 strike 43% profit -1.45 yield -21% treble wins 1 bets 5 strike 20% profit -1.83 yield -37%

Re: chelsea, manu, liverpool Has the system been tried purely using home games and missing out any potential banana skins by not using games between 2 of the big 3 teams? I'm guessing odds would not be as good but surely strike rate would be higher. Trying to build a bank in a slow and methodical way by betting conservatively with a small increment as the bank gets bigger.

i have omitted games involving top 3. i have tested h+a not just homes. may drop it if it fails again next week.
While not as many games to bet on, certainly within the EPL, there must be a greater winning margin picking the top teams only at home surrely???

Re: chelsea, manu, liverpool If your stats include the aways I'd continue to bet the aways. Also I wouldn't worry even though Liverpool is letting you down (mostly) - there has obviously been bad periods in all your tested seasons to and that will only mean higher odds offered when the team starts acting as a favourite again. Good luck with this -very interesting. Would be cool checking if even bigger multiples, with like 4,5 or 6 of Europes top teams, could make a profit.

Good luck with this -very interesting. Would be cool checking if even bigger multiples, with like 4,5 or 6 of Europes top teams, could make a profit.
on a four fold with
chelseainterbarcelonabayern munich
it has won one week out of 5 so far. profit +3.24 staked 5 yield 65%