** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

ATP Cincinnati Masters Series, August 14-21

Re: ATP Cincinnati Masters Series, August 14-21 that's pretty harsh. of the 8 quarter finalists from last week only murray and gonzalez remain. murray also reached the final in washington the week before. I think he's entitled to be a bit jaded at this stage. I agree about Ginepri though. He beat himself really.

Re: ATP Cincinnati Masters Series, August 14-21 Yeah maybe but his fitness has been an issue for nigh on 2 years now. Hopefully Gilbert will address this and then he can move onto the next level. Roddick or Chela next. Interesting if its Roddick again following his recent success over him and now that Gilbert is in the Scots corner.

Re: ATP Cincinnati Masters Series, August 14-21

Fcuk knows how Murray won that but win it he did!! Fair do's to the guy but for me Ginepri choked big time.
David you are totally correct. Murray is lucky that match wasnt a best of 5 as he was dragging his backside along at one point....Ginepri has only won 12 matches in 20 tournys so he is finding it hard to finish off people...

Re: ATP Cincinnati Masters Series, August 14-21 Since getting Gilbert on board Murray seems to have learned how to win ugly. In the last three weeks he has won matches that two months ago he would have lost. When he was playing without a coach he lacked ideas, direction and fitness, now he looks like a player with masses of potential that looks like winning every time he steps on court. People who criticise him tonight need to remember he is just 19, with an admittedly poor fitness record, but he has just beaten one of the greatest players ever, and is now pushing 14 matches in three weeks. British sports fans and journalists are always too quick to jump to conclusions and criticise their own, which is a crucial reason why no Britian will win Wimbledon for a long, long time.

SportTennis
EventRoddick vs Murray
SelectionMurray to win (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date18/08/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.50 (Lay)
ReasoningYesterday night I had a bet against Murray and I will continue today too. Murray is exhausted, it was clearly visible last night for everyone who watched the game. On the other hand, Roddick is in good form again and for sure he has plenty of reasons to continue winning in front of his audience. So, as I said yesterday, Murray played around 13 matches in 17 days, and this cannot be continued. Roddick is more than average player on hardcourt, he has great serve, powerfull shots and he won't give a lot of chances to Murray on his own serve. Murray played quite bad last night against Ginepri, he allowed too many break chances and Robby even wasn't totally focused on this match as he said in interview after the game. With this loss he will have an extra day to see his new girlfriend, that's what he said. Roddick is more experienced, hard-worker and I believe he will give his best to win against Murray who can't be able to handle against Roddick's great serve. Murray is ehxausted, he has weak first serve and will give a lot of break opportunities to Roddick. But also, Murray won't have to many break points on Roddick's serve, these are key reasons. Can't remember when I was confident in one bet like today.

Re: ATP Cincinnati Masters Series, August 14-21 Wow, glad I din't get involved so far today:loon :loon. No way I would have picked either of those upsets! Really fancy Robredo to beat Ferrero tomorrow, hopefully get a decent price;). I was going to go for Gonzo tonight, but after events so far today don't really want to oppose a Spaniard:unsure :unsure. Probably going to stay up for the Murray game, can't call it though:loon :loon

SportTennis
EventATP Cincinatti
SelectionROBREDO v Ferrero
Strength10/10
Date19/08/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.90 (Back)
ReasoningI really fancy Robredo to take this one, and the price is more than acceptable. He's really progressed this year especially in (and since) winning the Masters Series in Hamburg. He looks to have improved on hard courts also, this week getting good wins over Gasquet and Ljubicic. I wsaw him yesterday and I was very impressed. I know Ljubicic was struggling a bit with an arm injury, but nevertheless Tommy was good. He was moving really well and his ball striking was impressive. But what to think of Ferrero? Cracking wins this week over Blake and especially Nadal but I think that's made him pretty over rated for this one. The past couple of years he's really struggled to back up good performances and after seeing how much it meant to him yesterday beating Nadal I think he could be a little flat today. H2H is 2-0 to Robredo winning a couple of tight ones on US hard courts (back in the day when Ferrero was much better than he is now). £3244 available.

Sport Tennis
Event Roddick vs Gonzalez
Selection Over 23.5 games total
Strength 10/10
Date 20/08/2006
Bookmaker/Price 10bet @ 1.92 (Back)
Reasoning ATP: Western & Southern Financial Group Masters - Cincinnati PRIZE MONEY: $2,220,000, SURFACE: Hard Semi final,the winner of this match will play with Ferrero,who just beated Robredo.These two players played seven times.Gonzalez won two times and Roddick five.On hard courts is 2-2.Six times from seven there was more than 9.5 games in first set.Too good for odds 1.42! These two players always played hard,tight matches.They played 17 games(1/6 of set) and 7 times the winner of game had 7 games(5 times was tie-brake).Both players are currently in very good form.Roddick has home support.He is full of strenght.With his fast services and amazingly fast shoots there is no way Gonzalez win brake.Roddick didn't lost game on his service for long time.Even when he is powerless in opponents service he can always wait and win the set in tie-brake.Just like he did against Bracciali(7-6,6-7,7-6).And he will of course use every chance to take opponents brake.He is not like other players,when have brake ball he don't go for sure,he uses first chance to fire his fireball and earn a winner.That is very possitive thing.Gonzalez have very good serve,first and second.That will be problem for Roddick.Both players will win every point on their own serve.I think that on this match there will not be many chances for brake.And that match will eventually finish in two or three tie-brakes.So,my choise OVER 23.5 games total.

Sport Tennis
Event Roddick vs Gonzalez
Selection Gonzalez (Lay)
Strength 10/10
Date 20/08/2006
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 2.52 (Lay)
Reasoning ATP: Western & Southern Financial Group Masters - Cincinnati PRIZE MONEY: $2,220,000, SURFACE: Hard Semi final,the winner of this match will play with Ferrero,who just beated Robredo.These two players played seven times.Gonzalez won two times and Roddick five.On hard courts is 2-2.Six times from seven there was more than 9.5 games in first set.Too good for odds 1.42! These two players always played hard,tight matches.They played 17 games(1/6 of set) and 7 times the winner of game had 7 games(5 times was tie-brake).Both players are currently in very good form.Roddick has home support.He is full of strenght.With his fast services and amazingly fast shoots there is no way Gonzalez win brake.Roddick didn't lost game on his service for long time.Even when he is powerless in opponents service he can always wait and win the set in tie-brake.Just like he did against Bracciali(7-6,6-7,7-6).And he will of course use every chance to take opponents brake.He is not like other players,when have brake ball he don't go for sure,he uses first chance to fire his fireball and earn a winner.That is very possitive thing.Gonzalez have very good serve,first and second.That will be problem for Roddick.Both players will win every point on their own serve.I think that on this match there will not be many chances for brake.And that match will eventually finish in two or three tie-brakes.So,my choise is Roddick to win.

SportTennis
EventRoddick vs Ferrero
SelectionFerrero (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date20/08/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 3.40 (Lay)
ReasoningATP: Western & Southern Financial Group Masters - Cincinnati PRIZE MONEY: $2,220,000, SURFACE: Hard And here it is,the big final.Who would thought that beside Federer,Nadal,Ljubicic in the final will play 31st player in the world, Ferrero?Roddick is the clear favourite now to win the match and tournament.He is in excelent form and he has home support,big motivation to win his first tournament in year which can help him get up in rank list to 7-8 place.These two players played twice each other. First time it was in final of US open 2003.Roddick won 6-3,7-6,6-3 on hard court of course.Second time it was on this same tournament last year in the R32.Roddick won 6-7,7-6,6-2.Roddick didn't lose any game on his serve in whole tournament and Ferrero isn't realy brake-maker so I think there is no way Ferrero win brake point against Roddick.And Roddick will of course with his fast shots try to win every point.I think this willbe very intersting match for watching and that eventualy things will finish right for Roddick who will win his first tournament in year on home ground.

SportTennis
EventRoddick vs Ferrero
SelectionRoddick 2-0
Strength10/10
Date20/08/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.04 (Back)
ReasoningATP: Western & Southern Financial Group Masters - Cincinnati PRIZE MONEY: $2,220,000, SURFACE: Hard And here it is,the big final.Who would thought that beside Federer,Nadal,Ljubicic in the final will play 31st player in the world, Ferrero?Roddick is the clear favourite now to win the match and tournament.He is in excelent form and he has home support,big motivation to win his first tournament in year which can help him get up in rank list to 7-8 place.These two players played twice each other. First time it was in final of US open 2003.Roddick won 6-3,7-6,6-3 on hard court of course.Second time it was on this same tournament last year in the R32.Roddick won 6-7,7-6,6-2.Roddick didn't lose any game on his serve in whole tournament and Ferrero isn't realy brake-maker so I think there is no way Ferrero win brake point against Roddick.And Roddick will of course with his fast shots try to win every point.I think this willbe very intersting match for watching and that eventualy things will finish right for Roddick who will win his first tournament in year on home ground.