Boxing - Hasim Rahman v Oleg Maskaev

Hasim Rahman v Oleg Maskaev Saturday August 12th, Las Vegas. Rahman 41-5-2 33 KO's Maskaev 32-5 25 KO's Dubbed as "America's last line of defence" as Rahman is America's only current heavyweight champion he is defending the title he won from Monte Barrett last year even though Maskaev is now a American citizen. They are fighting each other for the second time, in the first fight which took place seven years ago it was a good fight with both fighters landing powerful shots, but in the 8th round Maskaev hit Rahman with a devastating right hand to the chin and knocked Rahman through the ropes. Rahman then won four fights in a row including the upset against Lennox Lewis where he was crowned undisputed champion. Lewis knocked him out in the 4th round of the rematch to reclaim his belts. Rahman then lost fights against Holyfield,Tua and Ruiz. Rahman last fight was against James Toney which ended in a draw. Maskaev won with an unanimous decision over Samil Sam, he has knockout power but has a suspect chin, he has lost three times, to Johnson,Whittaker,Sanders all by way of knockout. He is on a 10 fight winning streak and going into a match full of confidence against a boxer he has previously knocked out. I think there will be a midround knockout and Maskaev has the advantage going in the fight with confidenceand already a victory over his opponent. Maskaev 10/10 @ 3.1 premierbet

Re: Boxing - Hasim Rahman v Oleg Maskaev Good luck, but I just can't see it. This is Rahman all the way for me, I suspect by points or late stoppage. He looks in absolutely superb shape, in fact both fighters are weighing in at under 17 stone, which raises the possibility of some genuine boxing. I think Maskaevs age will count against him, in addition to the fact that Rahman is now a much better boxer than he was last time they met. 10/10 Rahman @ 1.5 (various)

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.