Muddle's Personal Tournament Challenge

Dave Mardell

Re: Muddle's Personal Tournament Challenge the difference is because he has moved 'up the ladder' to the next buy-in by qualifying in the one below hope this helps Damo (assuming I have read his table correctly of course! :))

Looks like you're showing a nice profit :) You play lots of different game types though? One buy in of 2.50, another of 50? I look forward to hearing updates on the Ministeps... :)

Re: Muddle's Personal Tournament Challenge Ah of course, that explains the jump from 2.50 to 50. But still.. the SNGs vary from 0.75 to 2.50 - I tend to stick mine at all the same level. Is there a reason for you mixing it up Dave? Or is it just whichever starts sooner? :)

Re: Muddle's Personal Tournament Challenge

the difference is because he has moved 'up the ladder')
Exactly, so the results are slightly inflated as one loss will actually send me right back down again :) And Barney, the buy in is somewhat dependant on whats available. Time of day and all that. Will make my next post end of day results, but be aware that there are 2 ladder tournies in progress so i could come down hard and fast soon :D

Holy crap. I've gotta start playing the rounders.. I thought you won tokens through to the next level though, and only the last level paid cash?
Yeah its tokens, but they HAVE cash value because you are allowed to play the same levels again rather than move up. You can therefore build up a bankroll of entry tokens to play the final level with. It is my experience with the Ladbrokes Ladders (which are similar) that you can roughly cash out the same ammount as you have in tokens given enough buy ins.

AAhhhhhhh Dave Grasshopper did learn from the Master afterall nice going mate but the path is a rocky one good luck in becomes a zen warrior master :P
I thought it was me that told you - wishful thinking perhaps :notworthy I actually cashed £1700 from a £20 deposit on Ladbrokes Ladders. Tasty!

i'm confused with those prima rounders results dave.
Yeah its a bit confussing. Sorry. By comming 4th in the $112 I won the buy in to the lext level. Which is 275 or somesuch. Needless to say if I fail to get 5th or better in the level 5 that profit would crash fast... Maybe I should take those of the records....

i'm confused with those prima rounders results dave. in the 112.50 buyin. you came 4th out of 10, and won $300? then got to play in the next level too? where you came 5th?! and won $600?
That's right. At level 3 the top 4 win a buy in to level 4 (worth $300), and 5th place wins a buy in to level 2 (worth $25), and at level 4 the top 5 win a buy in to level 5 (worth $600). He's counting the face value of the tokens, which is fair enough assuming he eventually uses them at level 5 and records that.

but surely the use of each token removes the previous profit returned for it.
Yes, but when he uses a token, he's counting that as a debit. His "total profit" figure is always cash profit plus face value of unused tokens.

Re: Muddle's Personal Tournament Challenge no because if its a non cash he is classing as loss of $302.50 which i can see the theory its sort of wrong but its correct also because tokens are theoretically cash If you was to join the Ladder at say the 5th level it would cost the full amount to enter