What would you do?

Masterplan

Re: What would you do?

Don't you think that in order to play you sometimes have to 'believe' sometimes that the villain doesn't have the cards to beat you? You see I don't believe that Masterplan for one second would have put the villain on Aces if the flop was 4, A, rag (without the wheel possibilities for the sake of argument). Masterplan would then believe the villain has queens or kings. 5xBB raise and you're not folding 44? Simply put, Masterplan chose a bad hand to play and got burnt.
good point and probably true, i'm hardly likely to believe 2 of the remaining 3 of those cards are sat in my opponents hand.

Re: What would you do? Funny, that post troubled me on the way to the airport... :sad :sad I've posted sometime ago asking if people can play poker being in constant fear of the nuts, and I think my point and others was that you have to be aware of the nuts, but not be in constant fear of it. I think one way of dealing with the situation (probably a bad way that I am too guilty of) is to convince yourself of the fact that you have improved while your opponent hasn't. In this case depending on my mood I'd be likely to think (hope?) my oppo has AA or QQ, but he couldn't possibly have trip K's, could he..... I wouldn't have been able to make the laydown either. As far as I'm concerned at that point I have the 2nd nuts... Bad situation to be in.

Re: What would you do? "I don't believe that Masterplan for one second would have put the villain on Aces if the flop was 4, A, rag" "i'm hardly likely to believe 2 of the remaining 3 of those cards are sat in my opponents hand" Masterplan is one of those people that if the flop comes KKQ and he's got a Q, will call you down to the river. Muhahah :)