Losing Faith....

Am on a massive losing run. Does anyone have a system (perhaps of their own/on this forum) which is pretty reliable. I just want something which is slightly more concrete than what i've got at the moment. I'm doing well with sports betting but poorly with horses.

Re: Losing Faith....

Am on a massive losing run. Does anyone have a system (perhaps of their own/on this forum) which is pretty reliable. I just want something which is slightly more concrete than what i've got at the moment. I'm doing well with sports betting but poorly with horses.
Hmmmm, your best bet is to take a look around and find a system that your comfortale with. There are some profitable systems on the forum right now:ok

You could do a lot worse than follow Slapdash's systems but as Paul says it is all about finding something you are comfortable with. If I were doing well on sports betting and losing on horses I would stop betting on horses . If you can make a profit betting sports then just concentrate on that.

Re: Losing Faith.... It sounds like you'll do OK if you just stick with Sports and forget the horses. It could be that horses are not your thing so you need to be quite ruthless and pragmatic about that and stop betting on them. At one time I had a fantastic tennis system that made a lot of money but then it stopped doing that for some reason. Of course I didn't let it go soon enough and it ended up losing me a lot of money because I'd "fallen in love" with the system and had "labelled" myself as a successful tennis tipster (in my own mind at least). As soon as I stopped betting on tennis things improved again and I now rarely go anywhere near the sport from a betting perspective. Remember there's always another bet round the corner in a sport you've got an advantage in. So just be patient and wait for the right opportunities for YOU to come up.

Re: Losing Faith.... Yeah, I suppose you guys are right. Maybe I should have a break from horses and concentrate on sport and then give horses another go and if that fails I will just stop forever. Another question, do you think everyone inevitably stops betting as they realise that they cannot beat the bookmaker.

Yeah' date=' I suppose you guys are right. Maybe I should have a break from horses and concentrate on sport and then give horses another go and if that fails I will just stop forever. Another question, do you think everyone inevitably stops betting as they realise that they cannot beat the bookmaker.[/quote'] You can beat the bookmaker. Numerous people on PL prove that day in day out.

It sounds like you'll do OK if you just stick with Sports and forget the horses. It could be that horses are not your thing so you need to be quite ruthless and pragmatic about that and stop betting on them. At one time I had a fantastic tennis system that made a lot of money but then it stopped doing that for some reason. Of course I didn't let it go soon enough and it ended up losing me a lot of money because I'd "fallen in love" with the system and had "labelled" myself as a successful tennis tipster (in my own mind at least). As soon as I stopped betting on tennis things improved again and I now rarely go anywhere near the sport from a betting perspective. Remember there's always another bet round the corner in a sport you've got an advantage in. So just be patient and wait for the right opportunities for YOU to come up.
What was the system about mate?:D

Mr Intensity asked :What was the system about mate?:D
There were 2 systems I was working with - one for the mens and a different one for the ladies. On the mens side I was mainly looking for "exposed" favourites and then backing against them. It was a bit subjective but I was looking closely at recent form on different playing surfaces / motivational news / shocks in the early rounds of tournaments etc. On the women's side it was the exact opposite. Here I think the form is much more predictable and I was backing favourites heavily. In the end when I stopped I was actually up with the women's system but my "hourly rate" was too low to make it worth continuing.

The reason you are doing well on Sports is its a smaller margin of error but lose you will. If it was that easy to just follow a system then there would be no Bookmakers and there's not a system invented that just churns out winners. The Systems that do actually produce a profit over a long term usually require a great deal of Work and Time and the Profit Margin not as big as People think, in Fact thats where the Work comes in, constantly maintaining that margin. :ok