Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. .... another decent week for the 3-0 system landing three correct from four selections. The Magpies let us down and could only muster a draw after being two up. So this leads us to the latest position:-

Total Staked

Avg Odds

Avg Stake

Total Returned

Yield

2.95%

Winners

Losers

Strike Rate

62.32%

Current Bank

Profit / Loss

Back later with this weekend's selections. Meanwhile there are none highlighted for the midweek games.:ok

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. ..... after another fairly successful weekend last week, we have another big batch of selections thrown out as prospective winners for the 3-0 system:- Reading (h) 1.54 Wycombe W (h) 1.68 Hamburg SV (h) 1.48 Hertha Berlin (h) 1.67 Barcelona (h) 1.63 Fiorentina (h) 1.52 Hope this lot will fly the flag again.:ok

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. ...... Ipswich Town duly obliged on Wednesday night at handsome odds of 1.94 to leave the latest position as:-

Total Staked

Avg Odds

Avg Stake

Total Returned

Yield

4.18%

Winners

Losers

Strike Rate

62.86%

Current Bank

Profit / Loss

Will be back later with this weekend's odds.:ok

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. Sorry that I've missed a couple of updates, the system is still running and breaking even at the moment, I have given up using real cash for the moment cos I lost my nerve a bit with a bad run and realising that I wasn't fully up to speed with risk factors etc. after reading Joseph Buchdahl's book "Fixed Odds Sports Betting", I'm about halfway through it and although hard going at times it has certainly been worth the effort. I think what the current system requires is a little more refining to produce fewer selections with a higher strike rate. The difficulty is in backtesting as you can't easily extract the predictions form the MW sheets which would mean entering all the results for the whole season and copying predictions as you go along which is a right old business. I've emailed MW about this but no reply as of yet, any bright ideas from anyone would be a help.

Under 2.5 System (from predictions with one goal or less)
Starting Bank100.00
Current Stake10.00
Bets so far133
Winners72
Losers61
Strike Rate54.1%
Average price 1.89
Total Stakes1269.00
Total Returns 1,270.91
Yield %0.15%
Profit/-Loss1.91
ROCE %1.9%

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. ..... another case of hard luck for the Merlin Full House again for the 3-0 system! Five correct from six selections so we have got to be happy with that.What I do find quite astonishing is that all of the opposition failed to score a single goal!Latest position now :-

Total Staked

Avg Odds

Avg Stake

Total Returned

Yield

6.09%

Winners

Losers

Strike Rate

64.47%

Current Bank

Profit / Loss

So hopefully we can continue with this good run by bringing you more selections for this coming weekend.:nana

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment.

Starting Bank100.00
Current Stake10.00
Bets so far141
Winners77
Losers64
Strike Rate54.6%
Average price 1.89
Total Stakes1349.00
Total Returns 1,364.09
Yield %1.12%
Profit/-Loss15.09
ROCE %15.1%

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment.

Sorry that I've missed a couple of updates, the system is still running and breaking even at the moment, I have given up using real cash for the moment cos I lost my nerve a bit with a bad run and realising that I wasn't fully up to speed with risk factors etc. after reading Joseph Buchdahl's book "Fixed Odds Sports Betting", I'm about halfway through it and although hard going at times it has certainly been worth the effort. I think what the current system requires is a little more refining to produce fewer selections with a higher strike rate. The difficulty is in backtesting as you can't easily extract the predictions form the MW sheets which would mean entering all the results for the whole season and copying predictions as you go along which is a right old business. I've emailed MW about this but no reply as of yet, any bright ideas from anyone would be a help.
Starting Bank100.00
Current Stake10.00
Bets so far133
Winners72
Losers61
Strike Rate54.1%
Average price1.89
Total Stakes1269.00
Total Returns1,270.91
Yield %0.15%
Profit/-Loss1.91
ROCE %1.9%
That book is awesome :P

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. .... and no selections highlighted midweek for the 3-0 system. Also on a starvation diet with the same system for the weekend's matches also. Only one selection out of all the leagues, and this will be a skinny price I dare to wager! A C Milan (h) 1.74 Would be good to see this keep the strike rate high..:ok

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. No problem Merlin. Good to see your system turning round after a slow start. Due to me being busy trying to adapt a new system on here I havent been posting my EPL Unders selections that i used to post in here. After a bad start they have turned round as well with the yield now 14.3%. I'm now too scared to start posting them on here again in case of a downturn!

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. ..... another nicely created table there Ed and makes interesting reading.Like the colour layout.Will be interesting to see how the sixteen fare this weekend.Good luck!:ok ps Seems to be a column missing for each of the League analysis.The overall situation looks to be OK.

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. No columns missing mate, hust my dodgy design, but I think all the relevant info is there. If anyone has any ideas for analysis to be added then I'd like to hear your ideas. League 1 seems to mess up the unders figures with all the goals that that league has produced but that's life I guess.

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. ..... thanks Ed. But I still think there is a column missing in the table above.If you look closer, take the Premier league as an example, and MW Prediction Accuracy overall 1X2 Prediction %. It says 40% from 162, where think it should state 40%,65 from 162. Clearly a column missing in my version.Anyway we still know what the figures mean.Cheers.:ok

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. That's how I made it Merlin, a slight botch because I'd done the top half of the sheet and then when I came to doing the MW Prediction stats I didn't have enough space for the number of correct games so I went with the % stat as it's what needs to be known more than the nummber of games which can always be got from working out the numbers as you did. I'm just in the process of adding the Bundesliga stats which seem at first glance a bit mad with a lot of high scoring but I'm thinking if an Englishman designs a spreadsheet to predict results you can trust the hun to come along and lob a spanner into the works! ("just kidding" for any of our Bosch friends;) ) Has anyone go a blank MW Budisliga sheet from the beginning of the season cos the one I got from the website last week was pre filled up to October and I need to get the predictions for the first 30 or so games of the season, just email me at ed@"NOSPAMPLEASE"Sharpin.co.uk removing the "NOSPAMPLEASE" from the address, cheers OOooo, and maybe the Italiano and Espanioli sheets too if you'd be so kind.