removing software completely

pistonbroke

Dudes i lent my laptop to my cousin to regiser on poker770 he uninstalled the copy i loaded and downloaded the software again but cant register as it complains an account is already on the Laptop tried all the usual stuff ie different user on computer ect but cant get around this does anyone know how to get over this ? i am guessing there is something in the registry or simiar that is stopping him registering another account on this Laptop

Re: removing software completely nice anecdote... forgive my skepticism... one might be forgiven for thinking that you want to unreg the software and create lots and lots of accounts... you want a registry cleaner or monitor or something which removes the offending key (if they use a key) I tried tracking down the offending key with no success.. perhaps they just create a file somewhere on your HDD.. best of luck with this, and of course let us know if u identify the offending data. Uninstall should mean 100% uninstall though.. (in an ideal world) you can prob demand that support tell you how to 100% uninstall the software..?

Re: removing software completely Via your main start button - goto run and type "regedit" This lists all your registry details Under HKEY_LOCAL_USER & HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE choose the software folders where you should see folders for this poker software listed. Delete all of these folders and save then try installing again Should work :hope

Re: removing software completely

yes' date=' generally these thinsg are near impossible to remove without a format or if you're savvy befoer you do it firs time, a registry backup :)[/quote'] Think youre right Masterplan Ive searched and searched the registry deleted everything i could find and still it wont work

Re: removing software completely Not sure if I'm barking up the wrong tree and I'm no expert but it could be that they are reading the IP address of your laptop and will only allow 1 version of the software to be downloaded to an individual IP address. There are (I believe) ways to mask your IP address, if this is the problem, and a google search should help to find a free programme. GL

Re: removing software completely

Not sure if I'm barking up the wrong tree and I'm no expert but it could be that they are reading the IP address of your laptop and will only allow 1 version of the software to be downloaded to an individual IP address. There are (I believe) ways to mask your IP address, if this is the problem, and a google search should help to find a free programme. GL
no its not that :)