UltimatePoker.com Aruba Classic

runadrum

In today's Sunday People (page 13 of the sports pullout) there is a chance to win a seat at the Aruba Classic (23 Sept - 1 Oct) with UltimatePoker.com. There are 3 qualifiers, the first at 7pm BST today and the next 2 Sundays, with five from each playing in a final on 6th August and the winner of that gets the prize ($10,000 package). To gain entry you need to set up a new account on UltimatePoker using the password in the paper as a 'bonuscode' when signing up, not as a password in the tournament lobby. :ok

Re: UltimatePoker.com Aruba Classic Congratulations sfrankg, You have been automatically registered for the "Sunday People Aruba Final " tournament at UltimateBet Poker. This event begins online on Sunday August 6, 2006 at 02:00:00 PM (Eastern). Please log on to UltimateBet Poker and be ready to play 10 minutes prior to the start of the tournament. Players may be unable to join a table once play begins so be prompt. For reference, our official time can be found in the lower right corner of the game. Please let us know if you have any questions. Have fun! Member Services [email protected] 1st place:nana :nana And Runadrum also made it too in 3rd....Well done mate

Re: UltimatePoker.com Aruba Classic thanks for the PM mate - now know why you didn't announce yourself ! :clap 1 in 15 chance - but if we are heads up I am sure you will remember who told you about it ? ;) guys if you get next week's Sunday People presume will be in again. when playing be careful of 1. US players who shouldn't be in and 2. people looking like US players who announce when 5 uk left, and we think we are safe, that he is from dunfermline and not antarctica ! even the one (we think) genuine US player in last 6 (5 qualify) started to say he was a Brit so had to see him off to be sure. good luck if you try anyway :hope ubsundaypeoplearubaqualifier16706ha1.jpg

Re: UltimatePoker.com Aruba Classic Hmmm - this another one with the wrong time?? The final is at 2PM ET 7PM GMT Best guess is it will be at 6PM GMT / 7PM BST ...... :unsure Just adding it to the diary......

Re: UltimatePoker.com Aruba Classic Wasn't around on Sunday and didn't buy the paper so presume the required sign up code was the same as last week. The lobby now shows a qualifier was played this week and the top 5 appear in the current list of qualifiers for the final on 6th August. Weird thing is the paper last week said 3 qualifiers with the top 5 from each going through, but the final now has 20 players showing and I have no idea when the other games have been played (it's not the top 10 from the two I know about). When I asked one of the US players last week why he was playing (and more the point how if password only available in a UK paper from that morning) he said that he had been 'invited' to play, presumably by ultimatebet. So perhaps they have had some invitation only qualifiers too ? wouldn't surprise me ! :ok

Re: UltimatePoker.com Aruba Classic last qualifier this sunday ultimatepoker have now confirmed that what I thought a couple of weeks ago was the first of 3 qualifiers was actually the third of 5 so there will be 25 players in the final on 6th August. :ok