PacificPoker (Evening Standard) $500k UK Open Freeroll

GaF

Usual structure for PacificPoker - have to download the software from the Evening Standard Website and set up a new account. Remember usually takes a few hours for their system to know where you downloaded from - so DON'T LEAVE IT TILL THE LAST MINUTE and expect to get in tonight....... 2 qualifiers running a day - started on 12th, so we've missed the first couple (does noone read the Standard here?) Full details here - http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/888/articles/23114911

Re: PacificPoker (Evening Standard) $500k UK Open Freeroll Also on Telegraph - but presume both feed into the same final. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml;?xml=/sport/exclusions/888/nosplit/index.xml Tonights 4 qualifiers have between 58 and 91 entrants so far - top 20 in each go through to the final....... Getting to the final should be a doddle - then 1 in 360 odd chance of playing in the UK Open on TV!!!!! ($5,000 buy in - reduced this year) - AND you'll get a "holiday" in Maidstone!!! :lol :lol

Re: PacificPoker (Evening Standard) $500k UK Open Freeroll Gaf, I think the Evening Standard and the Telegraph are two separate competitions. From the Evening Standard website: First prize is a seat at the 2006 UK Poker Open with a prize pool of $500,000. This seat is worth $5,000 and is completely free to you. Second prize is a customised 888.com poker table Third to tenth prizes of 888.com poker chip sets From the Telegraph website: 7. The winner of the Final shall win a seat at the 2006 World Series of Poker held at the Rio, Las Vegas including return flights and accommodation (for the length the winner remains in the WSOP or minimum 7 nights). 9. The entrant who is placed second will win an 888.com poker table. 10. Those placed 3rd-10th in the Final shall each win an 888.com poker chip set. If I'm right and you can only play in one of them, then the Telegraph is the one to go for.

Re: PacificPoker (Evening Standard) $500k UK Open Freeroll The Telegraph one winds up on the 20th July so on my reckoning it's a 1 in 160 chance of getting the seat.And worst to the worst 2nd place gets a custom made poker table.But be warned if you win the Telegraph one you might have to meet Ian Wright(the noisy bounce around) also 3rd to 10th is a chip set.

Re: PacificPoker (Evening Standard) $500k UK Open Freeroll

right' date=' if possible could someone tell me how i get into this 500,000 free roll qualifyers, i downloaded pacific but i cant find them, can some one help me. what are they listed under?[/quote'] They're listed under Tournament Tables then Multi Table. Times are listed as EST (So knock 5 hours off of BST). They are called "Evening Standard Restricted" and "Telegraph Restricted". Anyone can see them, but to be eligible to play in them you MUST have downloaded the software by having followed the link from the newspaper web site and then you MUST have set up a new account. About 3 or 4 hours AFTER you have set up the account, you should be able to enter the tourney.

Re: PacificPoker (Evening Standard) $500k UK Open Freeroll As I said a few times in this thread - you need to leave a few hours between opening your account and registering for the tourney - try it again now - if you downloaded from the right link, I'd expect it to work now :ok

Re: PacificPoker (Evening Standard) $500k UK Open Freeroll the Telegraph games kept getting in the way of my Aruba game on UB so I sat out the second half of the second and when looked back in I was on BB (800) with only 680. Didn't see my cards but when looked again had over 2000 chips and was holding QQ so did what you would expect and got up to 6000 ! was enough a few hands later to qualify in 17th so it's been a good night ! :ok

Re: PacificPoker (Evening Standard) $500k UK Open Freeroll im in the telegraph final was in front for a quite a while sliped down a little when about 25 left and threw the lot in when 20 left ( learning not to limp, im sick of bubbling or finishing just ITM shit or bust time) lost but still qualified in 20th

Re: PacificPoker (Evening Standard) $500k UK Open Freeroll

i think it is a $500' date='000 prize pot in the evening standard final or am i wrong??[/quote'] No - first prize is a $5,000 seat into the UK Open. The prize pot in the UK Open is $500,000