Quick System

Guest ralphie7

Re: Quick System Ralphie & KennyEire I agree that staking plans are a matter of taste ( levels staking is a plan of course ). I retired about 3 years ago and at the same,by coincidence , took up The Retirement Staking Plan, which is a retrieval staking approach and thus not too appealing to many. It's also a bit complicated and even after so long I'm not sure I operate it correctly and I've added a ceiling so when I reach bets of 50 points, I cut my losses and start again. I don't back all Quick selections ( ie Irish ) but I've had 146 bets, and I'm 679 points to the good, having staked 2819 points. However I think it's Ralphie's system which is the star, I just play with it.

Re: Quick System I've not been around these parts for ages, but would like to thank Ralphie for all his help. The ORSP is a great plan and could be used successfully with Ralphie's selections. It is cleverly thought out and does not give rise to heart problems during a losing run. However, if used only for sporadic selections, the losing runs and winning runs may be quite different to using all the selections, as could the average price of the winners, which is crucial to the plan. Elaine Devon:cow

Re: Quick System Your comments are spot on ralphie. A profit is a profit. 7pts a day is 49pts for the week. Only recently came across your posts here and especially this system. Aint got a clue what the system is LOL but I guess the record speaks for itself....Best of luck to you for continued success :hope

Re: Quick System I normally do the football, but you seem to have a great system here that might convert me. In post 294 you said the rules were there to see but I could not find them. Are they still around I have had a look at the Retirement Plan and do not think it much good for shorter priced horses. However the basic idea that you do not get your losses back at one go is sound.

Re: Quick System You've got me off to a good start, Ralphie. I didn't do Leo McGarry because of the price (my lower limit is 6/4) and noticed that the reserve in the Sligo race was one of Charlie Swan's and was going to get a run, so backed it. Thank you.:cow

Re: Quick System Hi! First time posting on this thread... Firstly wanted to say thank you Ralphie for your excellent tips. It's very generous of you to share your system's selections! I am just about to start following your selections with real money and am wondering if you (or anyone) know the strike rate your system has achieved. Knowing this will enable me to work out an appropriate stake... Thanks again.:D

Re: Quick System RESULT Wexford 05:55 CHARMING HYMN.....nowhere Haydock 08:00 PERUVIAN STYLE.....2nd..10/3 Haydock 08:30 CHICKEN SOUP.....nowhere Todays Profit = - 30.00 pts. --------------------- Bank = + 1477.75 pts. Profit = + 1377.75 pts. --------------------- not the best of days :(

Re: Quick System starman99 thanks mate and welcome regarding the strike rate . do you mean just the winners ? some of the selections are marked E/W depending on the R/P forecast price. if they place do you want them included as winners ? i have all the 2004 results but the 2005 and 2006 ones I am still enterring I am slow I know but I will get there but maybe someone has the stats :unsure

Re: Quick System Well (assuming your system hasn't changed since 2004...) 2004's strike rate would be very useful! I will be doing all the bets as win-only, so if you happen to have the strike rate for just the winners to hand that would be great. (Please don't go to any trouble though...) Am starting today with stake of 1/40 bank on a ratchet. This should be about right I think but it's nice to get it 'spot on'. (I use a formula which indicates just about the longest losing run a given strike rate is ever likely to produce, I then set a stake that allows for twice that to begin with; later, as bank grows, I reduce the proportion of bank that is staked...) Anyway let's hope for a profitable day and thanks again. :D