** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Rugby League: Super League - Round 21

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 21

FT 31-30 Wish Id dug out the Sinfield facts before Id commited to -8.5 now. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. I hope some people got on Cas on the back of my thoughts pre match. Leeds look rudderless without Sinfield.
well i did ask for feedback before this game and your reply confirmed my doubts about my 2pts on leeds -12, with sinfield out. :eek unfortunately i did not get to sleep until about 0930 on sunday morning and woke up at 1540...ten minutes into the match! :wall so any thoughts i'd had of hedging out by backing castleford were out of the window and my thoughts were c'est la vie, let's just live in hope. :hope may have been able to take some castleford +14.5 on the fair if i'd backed them after they's scored the first scoring play...but they were never ahead after that so the odds would have been cramped. also liquidity on the fair is poor in non televised games. :eyes another disappointment was that gareth ellis was rested. :( well it seems that leeds got their just deserts for not paying castleford enough respect. all i can say through gritted teeth is well done castleford and their backers who waited for late team news before backing them. :notworthy like you say henry, hindsight is a wonderful thing, but this was all the more galling, as i had the opportunity to get out of my position before the match for a very small loss. also with hindsight even a small bet on castleford to win, 1/6 point at 6/1 would have protected my stake. :pukewell maybe i'm clutching at straws to think that i might have done that. :lol so now i've go that out of my system hopefully i can learn from my mistakes and move on. taking supposed value early in the week definitely has it's pitfalls. :loon all in all a frustrating week, but not a losing one. managed to scrape a 1 point profit on the week, after being 4 points up after the wigan match, but that was more by luck than judgement! back to the drawing board. :\

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 21 Disappointing round for me (0/2)....more some top work in here over the weekend (Henry, Newbiem, Mear l& maj69er), great work guys! :clap I was in Chester (again) over the weekend at the races, so missed most of the rugby and to make matters worse my mobile phone was stolen :@ Oh well, here's to Round 22 :beer

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 21 ul there mate Hope it did not affect you too much . Time to ask the bookies to give you a fat pay cheque to replace your phone this week :loon :loon :loon . Looking forward to round 22 . Rugby seems a much profitable sport than soccer eh . :clap :clap :clap

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 21 Been away on holiday for a week but looks like another popular week posting wise on PL. Well done everyone! Much to the disgust of my girlfiend, I managed to watch the game on Sky on Saturday ;)

Good lad Paul :clap , thats what I like to hear! Hope you had a good holiday bud :ok
Not bad mate, just shattered, overnight flight landing in Manchester at 4am then having to dive home. Haven't had any shut eye yet :loon

like you say henry, hindsight is a wonderful thing, but this was all the more galling, as i had the opportunity to get out of my position before the match for a very small loss. also with hindsight even a small bet on castleford to win, 1/6 point at 6/1 would have protected my stake. :pukewell maybe i'm clutching at straws to think that i might have done that. :lol
I had chance to get out too. I was carrying a 2.25 price on the -8. Despie my reservations I still hoped Leeds might be ablt to do enough. I really should have bailed looking back. :(