** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

How to get the worst hand to shove

robilaruk

Interesting hand this Hand #356536794 at table: 5 Player $30 NL Started: Wed Jul 05 17:55:51 2006 HERO is at seat 1 with 1470.00 Frankysdc is at seat 2 with 960.00 stiefhan is at seat 3 with 2490.00 polzo is at seat 4 with 1185.00 tinki3001 is at seat 5 with 1350.00 HERO posts the large blind 30.00 tinki3001 posts the small blind 15.00 tinki3001: --, -- HERO: 9c, 3c Frankysdc: --, -- stiefhan: --, -- polzo: --, -- Pre-flop: Frankysdc: Call 30.00 stiefhan: Call 30.00 polzo: Fold tinki3001: Call 30.00 HERO: Check Thanks lads for letting me in with shite Flop (Board: 6s, 3s, 2c): tinki3001: Check HERO: Bet 90.00 Frankysdc: Call 90.00 stiefhan: Fold tinki3001: Fold This isn't too much of a bad flop for me I have hit middle pair and need to bet here to drive out the drawing hands/over cards - so 3/4 pot is a nice number that doesn't pot commit me to a raise and will often get 3 folds, however i get a caller - - at this point I have the villian on overcards/flush draw - an over pair would raise here I believe Turn (Board: 6s, 3s, 2c, 9d): HERO: Bet 240.00 Frankysdc: Call 240.00 brill i now have 2 pair, so I need to make a decent bet to force the error for the flush draw (or induce the shove from 88+) so a 2/3 pot bet does that as the villain is only getting just over 2:1 for his money and is +ev if he does call his flush draw River (Board: 6s, 3s, 2c, 9d, 10d): after the call on the turn I can't believe villian has an over pair, he has had two opportunities to raise and hasn't taken them, he might be playing trips, but with a straight an flush draw out there he would have raised on the turn - so I am convinced he was calling with a flush draw - so I now need to get some chips from him and show weakness to hopefully induce a raise from him, so he believes that I was flush/straight drawing instead! HERO: Bet 120.00 Frankysdc: All in HERO: Call 600.00 I bet a really small amount here, 120 into a 760 pot which accomplishes 2 things - if he has been playing Ax, he might just call to keep me 'honest' or hopefully induce the AI bluff, and I got the result I wanted! Showdown: HERO shows: 9c, 3c (two pair, Nines and Threes) Frankysdc shows: Qc, 4h (high card, Queen) Mainpot: HERO wins the pot of 1980 with two pair, Nines and Threes I have to admit that his cards suprised me, I was expecting the flush draw not gutshot straight draw, but who cares! I am working on this tricky play of strong and then weakness at the end, to get LAG's to play at me - this time it worked and gave me a decent chip stack to play the rest of the game with

Re: How to get the worst hand to shove bah my reasoning was much better, who does this layne flack think he is?..... :tongue2 nice article - thanks for the link:ok Damo

I read a decent article a while back, have used this in one or two situations where I felt I'd get the desired response. http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/proLessons.php?lesson=54