** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Rugby League: Super League - Round 20

It's that time of the week again! (can you believe we are in Round 20 already!!) Here are this weeks Super League handicaps supplied by totesport! My predicted handicaps are highlighted in red. Leeds v <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Bradford (-12pts) - (-10pts) <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

St Helens v Catalans Dragons (+26pts) - (+22pts)

Wigan v Wakefield (+10pts) - (+10pts)

Harlequins RL v Castleford (+4pts) - (+6pts)

Salford v Hull (-6pts) - (-6pts)

Warrington v Huddersfield (+10pts) - (+6pts)

As always, all thoughts welcome!

More to follow!

Rugbylad :ok

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 20

Huddersfield look interesting as do Wakefield in my opinion :)
No team must feel more anger at whats happened to Wigan than their relegation rivals Wakefield, if they can be at near full strength I think they can seriously take on Wigan, in what is sure to be a firey encounter. My theory about Warrington with a (-) handicap must be applied to this game too, think we can win the game despite our dire form, but no way by more than 10pts, I put the hcap at 6pts, which was generous to the Wire. In Round 19 they were -4pts vs the Tigers (and failed) In Round 18 they were originally off scratch vs the Warriors (and lost) In Round 17 they were -14pts vs the Wildcats (and failed) In Round 16 they were -4pts vs Quins (and failed) Look back at the week 17 thread for the rest.... http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30230

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 20 Furthermore, Warrington have injury worries over Briers, Bridge and Mark Gleeson after their bruising defeat to Castleford......we already have the likes of Rauhihi, Clarke and Swann out injuried, Danny Lima has also been loaned out to Salford.

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 20 Definitely worth a small pop on HUll to hit the -6 spot on. They hit the -8 bang on last week and 16/1 is simply too big for a team that is continually hitting the h'caps OR missing them by less than a try 09 as they've done in each of their last three home games plus last away game. Obviously there'll be an lement of luck for this to come in but 16/1 is a value price. I'll be seeing the MoV markets for this one with it being on Sky but going for a system bet is sure to pay off Take Hull 1-5 & Hull 6-10 and I'm confident you'll be counting some winnings after the match

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 20 12 points start for the Bulls seems a little high in my view. I know Leeds hammered them the last time but Bradford have a number of times in the past overpowered Leeds. In the Wakefield match a couple of weeks back Leeds played some great attacking rugby but at the other end they also gave points away. I think Wakefield scored almost every time they went up the park. Bradford may not be on great form but with 12 points start they have to be the pick.

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 20 FYI - betdirect has release there handicaps and go: Warrington vs Huddersfield (+8pts) They have also wacked a whopping (+30pts) on Les Catalans, despite Saints having injury worries.....

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 20 Here are Mr Millward's comments on this weeks games....

RUGBY LEAGUE NEWS

spacer.gif

51610.jpg Millward - Giants to win at Warrington.

WIGAN TO WIN SURVIVAL SCRAP By Ian Millward Leeds v Bradford Traditionally the Bulls have a good record in this fixture but when the pair met at Odsal last time, they were humiliated and failed to score a point. They don't look a stronger side now either with Stuart Feilden missing from the pack. I like the way Leeds are playing at present, they have a lot of consistency and with home advantage they can win - and cover a start of 12 points. St Helens v Catalans Dragons Everyone expects St Helens to win this one - and they will - but can they cover starts of around 26 points? I'm not sure. It is usually the second week after a fixture pile-up that you suffer and Saints had a lot of players involved in the Great Britain v New Zealand Test before beating Wakefield in sweltering heat last Sunday. Home advantage is a big plus but I'm not sure they can cover the spread but only because they may drop off in the closing stages after the schedule they've had. Wigan v Wakefield The Wildcats scored over 30 points last week against St Helens and still didn't win. Their defence obviously wasn't up to scratch. The big problem for them here is they face a side on a winning run, full of confidence and with every player to select from. Wigan haven't been beating top quality teams of late but they have been winning and that is the main thing. They will also have around 15,000 fans roaring them on which is another major plus. I think Wigan will win and definitely cover a start of 10 points. Salford v Hull I was told recently that Salford haven't lost a game at home by over ten points for nearly a year now. So with a start of six here they make plenty of appeal. I'm not so sure though. Hull are playing well, they have some really good halves and will want their run to continue. With 10 start I'd have sided with Salford, only six means it's Hull for me. Harlequins v Castleford Castleford have won their last three games, put 50 points on Warrington and are brimming with confidence. You'd think they were specials here receiving four points. Not for me, I am rowing against the tide and going for Harlequins to win and cover the spread. I don't know if the Tigers can produce their best form for a fourth successive week and the Quins will be desperate to halt their recent slide. Warrington v Huddersfield How can you have a bet in this one? Warrington's team at Castleford last week looked good enough to win the game and yet they shipped over 50 points. They've lost five in a row, their confidence is shot and their structure in attack and defence is all over the shop. I know they have injuries but Paul Cullen will be looking for an immediate improvement. Huddersfield coach Jon Sharp fancies his chances this week, he felt they weren't far off the mark against Leeds on Sunday, and I also expect them to win. The Wolves have home advantage but on form it has to be the Giants.

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 20 Warrington Wolves vs Huddersfield Giants (-4/+8) _41846158_warrington_hudd_06.gif Warrington's form is the club's worst for some time now, with only 1 win in their last 5 Super League games, not only has this hindered their solid playoff hopes, it has left them bruised and battered, with a rather long injury list. Out are; Club captain Paul Rauhihi, hookers John Clarke and Mark Gleeson, 2nd rower Logan Swann, stand-off also Chris Bridge hasnt made the final 20, after picking up an injury at the Jungle last week. Big hitting (literally) Paul Wood is missing through suspension after fighting with Ryan McGoldrick. Danny Lima is also unavailable after being loaned out to the City Reds. Under pressure Warrington coach, Paul Cullen, has been forced to call up some of his academy squad (Riley, Cooper, Penny) as well as fringe players Grix, Pickersgill and Bracek and the ageing Mark Hilton. Of course, not all of these will make the final 17-man squad, but it gives you some idea of the injury problems facing the Wolves. One piece of good news is that Lee Briers, who was originally doubtful to feature, has made the squad....still there has to be question marks about his fitness. The Giants also find themselves on a losing streak, with no wins from 3 games (although they were tough encounters away to Bradford and at home to Leeds). They will definately see Sunday's game as winnable and with the trio of Thorman, Drew and Paul pulling the strings, I think they can unlock this suspect Warrington defence. Another note, Warrington have failed to cover a negative (-) handicap everytime they have played at home this season (in fact only covered a (-) once all season (vs Castleford)). Was expecting a handicap of +6pts, but with Bridge & Gleeson failing to make the squad it should be more like +2/4pts, I would have liked the +10pts (Grim Reaper you were quick), so I with settle with Huddersfield with +8pts in the bag. Not one to go too mad on mind you, when a team is on the ropes in SL, they have a funny old habit of bouncing back..... Warrington 20-man squad: Grose, Fa'afili, Martin Gleeson, Kohe-Love, Reardon, Briers, Sullivan, Leikvoll, Hilton, Wainwright, Noone, Westwood, Barnett, Parker, Grix, Pickersgill, Bracek, Riley, Cooper, Penny. Huddersfield 20-man squad: Reilly, Aspinwall, De Vere, Donlan, Thorman, Paul, Crabtree, Drew, Gannon, Nero, Snitch, Wild, Jones, Jackson, Grayshon, Raleigh, Gardner, Hemingway, Brown. Recommendation: Huddersfield Giants +8pts @ 1.90 betfred (2pts) Prediction - Huddersfield win by 4pts (Scale - 1-5pts)

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 20 Harlequins RL vs Castleford Tigers (-4/+6)

Wigan and Wakefield may be the relegation scrap everyone is talking about this weekend, but Quins vs Tigers is a true 4-pointer in every sense of the word. Two points could go a long way come Round 28, now with Wigan unfortunately closing the gap on the rest.

Many would fancy the inform Tigers to continue their outside hopes of a playoff push, they scored 50+ last week against the Wolves and Danny Brough seems to be making all the difference.

Quins do have some injury concerns (Missing will be Solomon Haumono, Danny Williams, Karl Temata and Jon Wells), but gut feeling tells me that they will be taking the spoils on Saturday. They have had some hard luck of late, losing late on to Wigan (24 vs 26) and losing away to Hull & Les Catalans, despite putting in a spirited performances, a defeat at home this week, could spell danger signs for the London club.

Quins can match the strong Tigers in the pack with the likes of Mills, Purdham and Tookey taking on Sculthorpe, Nutley and Ward, but I feel Quins have more quality in the backs, with captain McLindan and welcome return of Luke Dorn. These backs need to put in a big performance and exploit to most leakest defence in Super League.

Small bet on the home side to cover the 4pts.

Harlequins RL 20-man squad: Bradley-Qalilawa, Budworth, Gafa, Heckenberg, Hopkins, Leuluai, Lolohea, Lucky Luisi, Mbu, McLinden, McCarthy-Scarsbrook, Mills, Paul, Purdham, Randall, Smith, Tookey, Weisner, Worrincy, Dorn.

Castleford 20-man squad: Platt, Pryce, Shenton, A. Fletcher, Dyer, Lupton, Brough, R. Fletcher, Roarty, Fa’aoso, Manu, Sculthorpe, Huby, Henderson, Nutley, Ward, Viane, Handforth, Whitaker, Kain.

Recommendation: Harlequins RL -4pts @ 1.90 @ ladbrokes (1pt)

Prediction - Harlequins win by 12pts

(Scale 1-5pts)

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 20

Recommendation: Huddersfield Giants +8pts @ 1.90 betfred (2pts) Prediction - Huddersfield win by 4pts (Scale - 1-5pts)
Stan james now go Warrington vs Huddersfield (+2pts) :eek So if your interested on Huddersfield +8pts, be quick!!!!!

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 20 Firstly, thanks rugbylad for the continued posts and breakdowns of each game....Your a star...hills has got huddersfield +6 and bet365 +6.5....I can remember last year widnes started to crumble like warrington are doing now...It does not bode well for them...I am sure this game will go over the points total aswelll as most of warringtons games go over....

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 20 Wigan Vs Wakey Over 50.5 points Bet365 Word is if in form Wigan beat Wakey by 33 points or more they move off the bottom. Im not sure thats going to happen tonight but what I am confident is there'll be no solid rear guard action from Wakey. They conceded 52 points last time out to Saints at home. Woeful. The positive thing to note is though that they arent finding it difficult to find their own way to the tryline. Their back play in this given added extra impetus tonight, in this one with the return of talisman Rooney. Indeed Wakey are no strangers to the Wigan line, recording a 40-14 win earlier in the season. Wigan are confident and firing on all cylinders and I slightly fancy them to win but im hoping for a topsy turvy try fest.

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 20 Leeds -4.5/Wigan -2.5 1.91 Betfair Bradford arent usually good travellers. Leeds looked trully awsome at times against Wakey in the when I saw them last. I really think Leeds are the better side here. Wigan home advantage, found the winning habit, oppurtunity to go off bottom. The omens are good. This seasons head to head though is 2-1 in favour of Wakey but at -2.5 I really have been seduced.

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 20 wakefield +12 @ 10/11 1pt :ok no long write up here. watching the tennis. have not got involved with many, if any wigan games this season. shame really as could have made a fortune opposing them. wigan have been getting the results lately and sky's favourite boys may well do the business tonight. the reason i've been looking at this handicap all week is that i refuse to believe that wigan will thrash wakefield. the wildcats were not disgraced at home to saints last week. have wigan improved that much? :unsure saints may have had some tired legs out there with the players that had played in the international, but that was a good five days earlier. wakefield put an impressive 36 points on st helens. :ok that is the most saints have conceded this season. next best has been hull 27 and warrington 22. wires were a lot better side at that time! whilst wakefield have the recent ability to score tries, a start of 12 has to be taken. :) as tonight's live match the chance to hedge stakes in running should be there unless it is a one sided affair for wigan from the start. :unsure

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 20 Wakey over 18.5 points 1.80 Betfair Surely with what Wakey are packing tonight in attack. That is an absolute gimme. Solomona, Jefferies, Rooney, Taduthingy. I dont know if I sressed this before but Wakey can score against Wigan. Aside from the 40-14 win earlier in the season, they came up with a 28-34 win last season at Wigan. Ive been out of this for a while but on my return Im feeling like a kid in a sweet shop.