PL'rs at WSOP

GaF

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: PL'rs at WSOP I cant see him at all though - looks like it's only chip counts for selected players..... By the way - how do they do this? I presume its automated and there's some kind of RFID's in the chips?

Re: PL'rs at WSOP I doubt it's anything sophisticated. I imagine they have a team of people watching for significant chip movements. They only seem to have name players, chip leaders and Full Tilt related players on the list at present, and seeing the number of people still on 1500 chips, I'm sure they're only approximate figures.

Re: PL'rs at WSOP

Tue Jul 25 13:26:00 PDT 2006 Can You Please Play a Little Tighter? One of the WSOP officials put in the following request over the Amazon Room intercom, "Will you please play a little tighter? We're getting behind over here." There have been nearly 400 bust-outs, which means 40 tables of alternates have taken their seats.
Definitely a selective list of players :sad

Re: PL'rs at WSOP Anyone know what the alternates are and how it works? I presume they dont have space to sit everyone, so some have to wait till people are knocked out.....but seems a little unfair - their starting stacks will be a below average stack.......

Re: PL'rs at WSOP I've heard of alternates in rebuy tournaments, where if somebody is knocked out during the rebuy period and doesn't want to rebuy, then an alternate can buy in in their place. It's not really unfair. They have a stack below average of the players remaining, but the players remaining have already done better than average not to be knocked out.

Re: PL'rs at WSOP "Tue Jul 25 11:58:00 PDT 2006 $1,500 No Limit Hold'em The $1,500 No Limit Hold'em event is about to get underway. There is a long list of alternates and many hopefuls crowd the massive Amazon poker room. The blinds are starting at $25-$25." Far as i can see this didnt start till 7pm our time so any and all previous updates may be wrong, (maybe :$ ) Got my "US, On Site" Reporter on the case, so updates as they come!:ok Maybe :$ C.R.

Re: PL'rs at WSOP Ok Ok I Have Some Updates On Mo!!!! Its Pretty Good News Too! 2.30AM BST...6Hrs in and doing well, had aces 3 times keeping good stackat the moment 6.30AM BST...Just starting level 9, 340 left in tourney, got average stack of 12k, tired but enjoying himself 2607060223000zg5.jpg no more updates til i get home tonight as pl is banned on my work pc.... GOOD LUCK MO :hope

me and joe both start on sun at the rio but will ring paul to meet for a beer fri or sat
Paul wont arrive until saturday... 2 pm USA time... Im there from friday with my friend Katia... :ok Just say so if you guys want my mobile aswell, we're definitely going to meet Mo and Ronay for a drink too... maybe friday...

Paul wont arrive until saturday... 2 pm USA time... Im there from friday with my friend Katia... :ok Just say so if you guys want my mobile aswell, we're definitely going to meet Mo and Ronay for a drink too... maybe friday...
yeah pm me your mob and ill give you a bell me and joe get there tomorrow 2pm