** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

33's STT Complete series of the HU Hands

robilaruk

Going to post this morning's first game on a $33 STT For some people (no names mentioned..... ;) ) they struggle to win HU's matches after grinding through the field of a STT for an hour or so. Am hoping this might help a few people - not so much my cards (which are pretty much irrelevant) but why I bet what I did and when. OK, before we start, I had the villain down as being loose at early levels, limping into pots, making and calling 3XBB raises with marginal hands (Q10, A4 etc - 1st time I have played him - no previous notes), he then got tight around the bubble except for one play which I find bizarre - see here for that particular hand! http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30875 He shoved A6s (or maybe A7s?) UTG for 11 BB's or so He was then tight ITM (after an early double up with his short stack), so I feel I had a chance to knick a few blinds with a bit of minor aggression just to keep my stack level. So here goes, will post a few hands at at time and give my reasons for doing what I did - be interested in knowing what people think. Cheers Damo

Re: 33's STT Complete series of the HU Hands 1st three So I have decided he is tight and pick up connectors on the SB in our 1st HU hand. I make my usual 2XBB raise (I rarely deviate from this, if we both have decent stacks to blinds) and he re-raises me, well I have him as tight so it goes in the bin HERO is at seat 4 with 7878.00 S-H-Glenn is at seat 6 with 6822.00

S-H-Glenn posts the large blind 300.00

S-H-Glenn: --, -- HERO: 9s, 8c

Pre-flop:

HERO: Raise 900.00 S-H-Glenn: Raise 2700.00 HERO: Fold --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2nd hand on the BB, nice cards for me, an ACE is very powerful HU, and as he limps seems reasonable to raise with, as you can see I raise another 3BB's, more than when I am on the SB - simply because I am OOP for the rest of the hand if he calls, so I want to end the hand now please. He folds, so I have learnt he will limp with cards but folds to raise (maybe?)

HERO is at seat 4 with 6578.00 S-H-Glenn is at seat 6 with 7822.00

HERO posts the large blind 400.00 S-H-Glenn posts the small blind 200.00

HERO: 5d, Ad S-H-Glenn: --, --

Pre-flop:

S-H-Glenn: Call 400.00 HERO: Raise 1600.00 S-H-Glenn: Fold

HERO wins the pot of 800.00 by default --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Having regained the initiative on the last hand I find a K, in the SB, another good card HU and with a decent Kicker, so I keep it standard and raise 2BB's and he folds

HERO is at seat 4 with 7178.00 S-H-Glenn is at seat 6 with 7222.00

S-H-Glenn posts the large blind 400.00 HERO posts the small blind 200.00

S-H-Glenn: --, -- HERO: Kh, 9c

Pre-flop:

HERO: Raise 1200.00 S-H-Glenn: Fold

HERO wins the pot of 800.00 by default Okay, have had a reasonable start after the first 3 hands, my stack is still about the same and have been aggressive, so maybe it might slow him down for a bit and let me knick a few hands.

Re: 33's STT Complete series of the HU Hands next set of three He limps again, but this time my hand is not that strong, so I check to see a free flop, and hit middle pair. I have to bet here, and I bet 500, rather than the minimum, (those of you who have read my previous posts will know why ;) ), and he folds. These are the hands you must bet to have a chance of winning and even if he calls you still have outs, the worst play here is to give a free card that beats you. HERO is at seat 4 with 7378.00 S-H-Glenn is at seat 6 with 7022.00

HERO: 6s, 2c S-H-Glenn: --, --

Pre-flop:

S-H-Glenn: Call 400.00 HERO: Check

Flop (Board: 6c, 8h, 5d):

HERO: Bet 500.00 S-H-Glenn: Fold

HERO wins the pot of 800.00 by default --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Suited connectors on the SB, I have been aggressive last few hands, so I choose to limp and hope to flop a monster, and he raises another 3BB's, so its an easy fold.

Unless I am short stacked or the blinds are stupidly high or the BB is super agressive, I always call on the SB WITH ANY TWO CARDS, as I am getting 3:1 for my money so it is the correct mathematical play.

HERO is at seat 4 with 7978.00 S-H-Glenn is at seat 6 with 6422.00

S-H-Glenn: --, -- HERO: 4h, 6h

Pre-flop:

HERO: Call 400.00 S-H-Glenn: Raise 1600.00 HERO: Fold

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A-HA his first mistake, he folds his SB, NEVER EVER fold your SB as discussed above.

So why would he fold? well I raised his

1st SB limp, and bet a flop on his second SB limp. So I am thinking this confirms he is playing tighter than normal HU

Nice result for me:)

HERO is at seat 4 with 7378.00 S-H-Glenn is at seat 6 with 7022.00

HERO: 5c, 8d S-H-Glenn: --, --

Pre-flop:

S-H-Glenn: Fold

HERO wins the pot of 400.00 by default

Re: 33's STT Complete series of the HU Hands next set again I have connectors and low ones, so as standard I call the SB No help for me and I don't need to steal here as I have been aggressive over the last 6 hands, so I check. As the turn and river are blanks I check twice and so does villian, so he gets to see my hand at the showdown - hmmm not good as he now knows what I might limp with HERO is at seat 4 with 7778.00 S-H-Glenn is at seat 6 with 6622.00

S-H-Glenn: --, -- HERO: 3s, 4d

Pre-flop:

HERO: Call 400.00 S-H-Glenn: Check

Flop (Board: 10c, 2d, 10d):

S-H-Glenn: Check HERO: Check

Turn (Board: 10c, 2d, 10d, 7h):

River (Board: 10c, 2d, 10d, 7h, 6h):

Showdown:

S-H-Glenn shows: 5s, Kd (a pair of Tens) HERO shows: 3s, 4d (a pair of Tens)

Mainpot: S-H-Glenn wins the pot of 800 with a pair of Tens, King kicker.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have rubbish in the BB and this time he raises 2BB, well i have him as tight (he has only raised once before and didn't bet at the previous hand with position) so its an easy fold

HERO is at seat 4 with 7178.00 S-H-Glenn is at seat 6 with 7222.00

HERO: 9c, 5s S-H-Glenn: --, --

Pre-flop:

S-H-Glenn: Raise 1200.00 HERO: Fold

Right, I need to regain the initiative here and I believe I have a chance of stealing as I have limped a couple of SB's and these cards are great because

if he shoves, they are crap and go in the bin, so I don't get dragged into calling with Q 10s for instance

if he calls I have a chance to hit a flush, or make a play with my Q

and I think he will fold, which he does

HERO is at seat 4 with 6978.00 S-H-Glenn is at seat 6 with 7422.00

S-H-Glenn: --, -- HERO: Qd, 4d

Pre-flop:

HERO wins the pot of 800.00 by default

Re: 33's STT Complete series of the HU Hands Another mistake by the villian as he folds his SB again. I am now convinced he is playing tight HU, so with the right moves I can whittle his stack away and get a cushion to play a few marginal holdings against him HERO is at seat 4 with 7178.00 S-H-Glenn is at seat 6 with 7222.00

HERO: 2h, 4c S-H-Glenn: --, --

Pre-flop:

So he is tight, and I have a weak holding, previously I had raised with Q4s, but decide to call here with Q4o. Villian min raises, which doesn't mean much except

I have a monster AA/KK and am pot building

or

I have crap and am raising hoping you are limping and will fold

well either way I am getting 3:1 for my cash and I am calling to see the flop

So the flop arrives and I can't believe that helped him, so do I steal raise to his min bet? I think about it for about 10 secs and decide to fold, simply because I can pick better spots against him to win, he is weak tight HU and my time will come, so I fold

HERO is at seat 4 with 7578.00 S-H-Glenn is at seat 6 with 6822.00

S-H-Glenn: --, -- HERO: 4d, Qs

Pre-flop:

HERO: Call 400.00 S-H-Glenn: Raise 800.00 HERO: Call 800.00

Flop (Board: 7c, 7h, 9s):

S-H-Glenn: Bet 800.00 HERO: Fold

HURRAH, another fold by the villian in the SB - DEFO weak tight now, which makes my play in the rest of this game easy now.

If he had limped called I think I would have raised him, to put him on his heels again.

HERO is at seat 4 with 6578.00 S-H-Glenn is at seat 6 with 7822.00

HERO: Kc, 4h S-H-Glenn: --, --

Pre-flop:

Re: 33's STT Complete series of the HU Hands Another suited Q with a weak kicker, easy raise now, he is weak tight and is folding the better hand here, and as before with the Q4s if he calls I have chances to outplay/outdraw him guess what he folds...... ;) HERO is at seat 4 with 6978.00 S-H-Glenn is at seat 6 with 7422.00

S-H-Glenn: --, -- HERO: 5c, Qc

Pre-flop:

he limps this time, so i am putting him on decent cards QJ, K8, 98 etc as he has thrown too many SB's away and he hasn't raised, so prolly not a PPor A K-9 etc

wow have flopped 2 pair, I have to check here and see what he does, I am hoping he shoves so i can call, and he bets the pot - very interesting, maybe he was slowplaying 99+? or better yet has 55 66 and will call with the pair and draw. I think for 10 secs and decide to min raise giving him odds to call and/or shove and he folds - so he must have had high cards only or a gutshot draw? oh well a chance missed to bust him HERO is at seat 4 with 7178.00 S-H-Glenn is at seat 6 with 7222.00

HERO: 3h, 7h S-H-Glenn: --, --

Pre-flop:

Flop (Board: 7c, 3d, 4h):

HERO: Check S-H-Glenn: Bet 800.00 HERO: Raise 1600.00 S-H-Glenn: Fold

HERO wins the pot of 2400.00 by default

Have a decent lead now and he made a play last hand, will he tilt? well time to find out with my K4s, I raise the usual and he folds.

So no tilt, he is still playing weak/tight (or solid and is waiting for 2 cards now to play back at me)

HERO is at seat 4 with 8578.00 S-H-Glenn is at seat 6 with 5822.00

S-H-Glenn: --, -- HERO: 4s, Ks

Pre-flop:

Re: 33's STT Complete series of the HU Hands He folds his SB again - mistake mistake mistake, though this time with my A7 I would be raising him, maybe even All In, hoping he is sick of me beating him and calls with K8 etc now I very rarely show my cards, but as I have an ACE and I want him to keep folding his SB to me, I do show this time, just keeping up the psychology of me having better hands etc HERO is at seat 4 with 8778.00 S-H-Glenn is at seat 6 with 5622.00

HERO: Ac, 7c S-H-Glenn: --, --

Pre-flop:

Showdown:

HERO shows: Ac, 7c (high card, Ace)

have weak holding that might flop a straight draw, so I limp call.

"Why no raise I hear? if he plays back it goes in the bin etc" well I have raised his SB too many times recently amd he may play back at me, so let him see a flop without winding him up any more and play from there rubbish flop for me, easy check even with postion, no help on the turn and he min bets - easy fold

HERO is at seat 4 with 9178.00 S-H-Glenn is at seat 6 with 5222.00

S-H-Glenn: --, -- HERO: 5s, 8h

Pre-flop:

Flop (Board: 3d, Qh, 2c):

Turn (Board: 3d, Qh, 2c, 10c):

S-H-Glenn: Bet 400.00 HERO: Fold

Okay he has had his little victory last time, so I now need to regain the initiative, and he limps in on the SB and I have crap - so its an easy raise, I have only raised my BB once before, and I believe I have better than a 70% chance of winning here, and he folds.

Do I call his shove if he plays back? nah, and what if he calls? well, would need to see the texture of the flop to decide - a rag flop might well hit me, so its ALL IN, and anything other than an Ace is also good for me (he might limp call with A small)

So J 6 2 is a great flop as well etc

HERO: 8h, 2s S-H-Glenn: --, --

Pre-flop:

S-H-Glenn: Call 400.00 HERO: Raise 1200.00 S-H-Glenn: Fold

Re: 33's STT Complete series of the HU Hands have steadily built my lead up up and have rags on the SB, having outplayed him last hand I decide just to call and see a cheap flop. He doesn't like this and raises, so its an easy fold even with my chip stack. I have him on the ropes at the mo, I will hit a hand soon and crush him, or alternatively keep picking up the blinds and keep the current gap in chips between us - so I don't need to play a speculative hand at this point in the game (if he min raised I would call in a shot!) HERO is at seat 4 with 9178.00 S-H-Glenn is at seat 6 with 5222.00

S-H-Glenn: --, -- HERO: 6s, 2d

Pre-flop:

HERO: Call 400.00 S-H-Glenn: Raise 1200.00 HERO: Fold

okay have a playable hand here, one that might actually realise something. Do I raise? I thought for a while and decide to check and see the flop and make my decision from there. I had raised my BB to his SB limp last time and he will get fed up if I keep doing this, so this swayed me to check.

Flop - well an Ace appears, this would normally be a great place to make a steal bet, as the villian has not raised, and most villians always raise with an Ace - however, I didn't raise either and I have been the aggressor during HU play, so is he going to believe I slow played an ACE on my BB? nah, plus there are 2 hearts on the board, so he could be drawing to a flush as well - best to check and see the turn (hopefully)

he checks and the turn is a blank, no heart to give me a flush draw or a card to give me a straight draw , an easy check again, and he min bets, so i let him have it. If he has hit a pair I am behind unless I hit a J on the river which might win, and if the river is also a blank his high card is prolly winning (remember we have him as weak tight, so he might limp call PF with any Ace King or Queen) so my Jack high is crap

HERO: Jc, 8h S-H-Glenn: --, --

Pre-flop:

Flop (Board: Ah, 5d, 9h):

HERO: Check S-H-Glenn: Check

Turn (Board: Ah, 5d, 9h, 3c):

HERO: Check S-H-Glenn: Bet 400.00 HERO: Fold

okay have lost the last couple and need to regain the initiative again - and pick up a lovely Ace on the SB, easy raise here and nothing clever eaither, just the standard 2XBB - he folds as expected

HERO is at seat 4 with 8378.00 S-H-Glenn is at seat 6 with 6022.00

S-H-Glenn: --, -- HERO: 5h, Ac

Pre-flop:

Re: 33's STT Complete series of the HU Hands This could turn into a critical hand, QJs on the BB is a strong holding if he limps its an easy raise, but instead he min raises (sigh), so he has a monster or shite, either way I am at least calling. The big decision is whether re-raise and how much I could shove and he could fold keeping 5K in chips I could shove and he could call and we are racing to see if he busts out I could raise to 2/2.5K and win if he folds win if he calls and I hit the flop call his re-raise shove (for pot odds) and be racing again given these options and the fact he has been playing weak/tight and has raised I decide to call and play the flop - I believe I am the better player here and do not need to increase my volitilaty by playing cards and building big pots with good (but not great cards). I can outplay him later in better postions with better cards, so why give him a chance to double up with a shove/raise? What would I shove here? any pair 66+, AK, AQ, AJ, A10, A9, KQ and maybe KJ. Cards where I believed I was Ahead, or coin flipping with him. Flop: a suited flop which I have no part of, and he makes a pot bet, whatever he has I can't beat so I fold (even though that flop prolly didn't help him, would you bet the flush here? prolly not, I might bet the flush draw AK etc) HERO is at seat 4 with 8578.00 S-H-Glenn is at seat 6 with 5822.00

HERO: Jh, Qh S-H-Glenn: --, --

Pre-flop:

S-H-Glenn: Raise 800.00 HERO: Call 800.00

Flop (Board: 6s, 3s, 4s):

HERO: Check S-H-Glenn: Bet 1600.00 HERO: Fold

Time to regain the initaitive again, and as before when he wins a pot I raise on my next SB with any two, (and its another Q! I am getting a few of these Q small hands on the SB LOL)

he folds

HERO is at seat 4 with 7978.00 S-H-Glenn is at seat 6 with 6422.00

S-H-Glenn: --, -- HERO: Qc, 3s

Pre-flop:

he folds his SB again - another mistake

easy this game ;)

HERO is at seat 4 with 8178.00 S-H-Glenn is at seat 6 with 6222.00

HERO: 10h, 4c S-H-Glenn: --, --

Pre-flop:

Re: 33's STT Complete series of the HU Hands another easy SB raise for me, need to keep up the pressure and have 2 shite cards that are winning the PF raise or not at all......:tongue2 HERO is at seat 4 with 8578.00 S-H-Glenn is at seat 6 with 5822.00

S-H-Glenn: --, -- HERO: 2d, 9h

Pre-flop:

nice at last a PP HU - PP's are very powerful and villian seems to have a hand in the SB with a 2XBB raise - unusual for him as he didn't min raise, so its not a monster.

Previously I have folded my BB to his 2xBb raises, or have called to see a flop, well I have my minimum hand requirement to shove so I shove and he calls

OMG what is he doing? I have him as weak/tight and he calls with that hand? I was VERY VERY suprised by his call and happy that I was a 2:1 fav

anyway he hits an out and doubles up - all that fecking hard work gone to the dogs in one hand by a loose call by the villian - and I do think it is a loose call, what is he beating?

Given the flop if I had raised him to 2.5K and he called, the chips would have gone in on the flop anyway.

So he now has a 3:1 chip lead and the blinds are up soon

bugger

HERO is at seat 4 with 8778.00 S-H-Glenn is at seat 6 with 5622.00

HERO: 6s, 6h S-H-Glenn: --, --

Pre-flop:

S-H-Glenn: Raise 1200.00 HERO: All in S-H-Glenn: All in

Showdown:

HERO shows: 6s, 6h (a pair of Sixes) S-H-Glenn shows: Ks, 2s (high card, King)

Flop (Board: 4s, Qs, 4c):

Turn (Board: 4s, Qs, 4c, Kc):

River (Board: 4s, Qs, 4c, Kc, Ac):

S-H-Glenn shows: Ks, 2s (two pair, Kings and Fours)

Mainpot: S-H-Glenn wins the pot of 11644 with two pair, Kings and Fours

had the bad beat and have barely 8BB's left

normally I raise to regain the initaive after losing a hand however, he has chips and will call, and any raise by me will pot commit me so its a shove if I raise at all

hang on tho, am on the SB again with ANOTHER Q and crap kicker :clap :clap :clap , this is an omen, so I call

no raise (poor play, he has chips now, time for him to put ME to the test)

Flop:

hmmm a King, which doesn't help me and I can't bluff here, I would have raised with King preflop, given my chip stack, so lets just check behind

turn another club - awesome, now I can bet with my good flush draw, he if calls and/or raises I have outs on the river - how much?

well a shove looks desperate and he might call with a pair

a pot bet and I am crippling myself if I miss

min bet? hmmm, if I did have a flush and wanted a call what would I bet? a min bet obviously, so this is my choice - he folds, nice result for me

HERO is at seat 4 with 3156.00 S-H-Glenn is at seat 6 with 11244.00

S-H-Glenn: --, -- HERO: 3d, Qc

Pre-flop:

Flop (Board: 9c, Kc, 4d):

Turn (Board: 9c, Kc, 4d, 2c):

S-H-Glenn: Check HERO: Bet 400.00 S-H-Glenn: Fold

Re: 33's STT Complete series of the HU Hands bollocks - the blinds are up, and I have only 5BB's left now getting desperate, so its going be a shove soon and I pick up 9 10s - I am all in here no matter what, and he folds....... dunno what I prefer, free blinds or a chance to double up anyway, next hand please HERO is at seat 4 with 3156.00 S-H-Glenn is at seat 6 with 10944.00

HERO posts the large blind 600.00 S-H-Glenn posts the small blind 300.00

HERO: 9s, 10s S-H-Glenn: --, --

Pre-flop:

HERO wins the pot of 600.00 by default

what to do, marginal hand - do I shove? am I desperate enough? Can I just call and outplay him, he is weak/tight, I can outplay him..... he is weak tight he will fold to a PF shove

decisions decisions......:eek :eek

I call, its not quite good enough to shove and with him being weak/tight I have a few hands more to double up. oh he has a hand, bugger, best be folding then HERO is at seat 4 with 3756.00 S-H-Glenn is at seat 6 with 10344.00

S-H-Glenn posts the large blind 600.00 HERO posts the small blind 300.00

S-H-Glenn: --, -- HERO: 7s, 10c

Pre-flop:

HERO: Call 600.00 S-H-Glenn: Raise 1800.00 HERO: Fold

am struglling now and he min raises again with me having connectors

I very very nearly shoved this, I thought for the whole 15 secs and just called (now who is weak tight??? LOL)

FLOP

OK I have a gutshot draw

do I shove?, nah he will call with his overcards or pair and I am chasing for a 7, lets check and hope he does to.

Hmmm he seems to have found some backbone at last and puts me all in - I fold, I would rather shove the next hand than chase with this one

HERO is at seat 4 with 2856.00 S-H-Glenn is at seat 6 with 11244.00

HERO: 9c, 8h S-H-Glenn: --, --

Pre-flop:

S-H-Glenn: Raise 1200.00 HERO: Call 1200.00

Flop (Board: 3c, 5h, 6s):

HERO: Check S-H-Glenn: Bet 2400.00 HERO: Fold

Re: 33's STT Complete series of the HU Hands as promised last hand I am shoving next hand no matter what, and fortuantely I actually get 2 good cards - easy shove, easy fold HERO is at seat 4 with 1956.00 S-H-Glenn is at seat 6 with 12144.00

S-H-Glenn: --, -- HERO: Kc, 10c

Pre-flop:

HERO: All in S-H-Glenn: Fold

HERO wins the pot of 1200.00 by default

still crippled and have a Brunson, what more could you ask for? (well a PP would be nice, and AK as well....:lol )

he limps, do I shove? nah he is calling and I have crap, I'll shove the flop if I hit anypart of it

Flop:

great the dreaded Ace - so can I steal? lets see I am short stacked and didn't raise my BB with an Ace..... hmmmmm even HE can work out I don't have an Ace so he buys the flop knowing I can't call unless I have paired

looks like I am shoving next hand again no matter what :(

HERO is at seat 4 with 2256.00 S-H-Glenn is at seat 6 with 11844.00

HERO: 10d, 2s S-H-Glenn: --, --

Pre-flop:

S-H-Glenn: Call 600.00 HERO: Check

Flop (Board: 5h, As, 7d):

HERO: Check S-H-Glenn: Bet 1200.00 HERO: Fold

holy bejessus - it doesn't get much better than this

as I promised last hand I am shoving any two here

except I call.....

what you are calling? yes I am calling, I want him to hit a hand on the flop, I'll take my chance thanks, KK is a MONSTER I need to double up and with him being weak/tight any raise PF and he is folding

so I call

and he puts me ALL IN :nana :nana :nana :nana

easy call

and no help for him on the board, so I double up - he must be gutted now, he sees his hole cards and knows he is busting me :D

HERO is at seat 4 with 1956.00 S-H-Glenn is at seat 6 with 12144.00

S-H-Glenn: --, -- HERO: Ks, Kd

Pre-flop:

HERO: Call 600.00 S-H-Glenn: Raise 2400.00 HERO: All in

Showdown:

HERO shows: Ks, Kd (a pair of Kings) S-H-Glenn shows: As, 9c (high card, Ace)

Flop (Board: 4h, 3s, Qs):

Turn (Board: 4h, 3s, Qs, Qc):

River (Board: 4h, 3s, Qs, Qc, 2s):

HERO shows: Ks, Kd (two pair, Kings and Queens)

Mainpot: HERO wins the pot of 4512 with two pair, Kings and Queens

Re: 33's STT Complete series of the HU Hands who hoo have doubled up and still only have 6.5 BB's.... so I am still in shoving mode and villian is gutted after last hand he has chips and limps again - very interesting , he was folding hands at earlier levels with a similar blind to chip stack ratio but is now calling and raising, maybe he has loosened up? anyway I have an ok hand and am prepared to see the flop (If I shove here he may well call as he is steaming) what a great flop for me, top pair, but draws all over the place - I have to make a decent bet here and make him pay for his draws/middle pair - he folds! nice :) HERO is at seat 4 with 3912.00 S-H-Glenn is at seat 6 with 10188.00

HERO: Jc, 5s S-H-Glenn: --, --

Pre-flop:

Flop (Board: Jd, 8s, 10h):

HERO: Bet 1800.00 S-H-Glenn: Fold

Doing better now, but need to move up gears now as the blinds are huge

and pick up another GREAT hand, so I have to raise and he calls! OMG he has a hand - awesome I could double up again here

a rag flop, with 2 hearts and no diamonds and he is putting me ALL IN again - lets think about this

I have about 3K left and am on the BB next hand if I fold

I have raised PF and he has called and then bet a rag flop

He is weak/tight but has loosened up a little in the last few hands

he has put me all in rather than bleeding me dry with a made hand

what could he have?

he called PF so a good hand I would say, if he had a PP I would expect a shove back, so prolly not that (unless 22-66 and hopes to see no high cards on the flop) in which case i am dead with that flop - but again if he has trips would he put me AI?

Okay if not a PP pre-flop, then High cards, and only AK is beating me if its high cards only, so I should call

Or he has a flush draw - and I am hoping for no more hearts

after 5 secs of thinking I call - the deciding factor is that if I fold I am stuck with 5BB's again and I think he is drawing

I can't blame him for betting that flop with his cards, but I would have shoved PF if he had raised and I had K 10 on the BB

Happy days folks!

HERO is at seat 4 with 4812.00 S-H-Glenn is at seat 6 with 9288.00

S-H-Glenn: --, -- HERO: Qd, Ad

Pre-flop:

HERO: Raise 1800.00 S-H-Glenn: Call 1800.00

Flop (Board: 2h, 5h, 8s):

S-H-Glenn: Bet 4200.00 HERO: All in

Showdown:

HERO shows: Qd, Ad (high card, Ace) S-H-Glenn shows: Ks, 10d (high card, King)

Turn (Board: 2h, 5h, 8s, Jh):

River (Board: 2h, 5h, 8s, Jh, 2c):

HERO shows: Qd, Ad (a pair of Deuces)

Mainpot: HERO wins the pot of 10224 with a pair of Deuces

hurrah I have the 2:1 lead and he is back to playing only solid cards and folds

:clap

HERO is at seat 4 with 9624.00 S-H-Glenn is at seat 6 with 4476.00

HERO: Qh, 2s S-H-Glenn: --, --

Pre-flop:

Re: 33's STT Complete series of the HU Hands Have gone through an interesting run of cards and flops and villian is now desperate, so I have to tread carefully now Villian limps again - am going to check and see a flop thanks with another J8 very nice flop, an OESD with a 10 giving me a Jack high straight and he bets - so do I put him all in?, he will call here with any draw or pair and do I want to give him another 2400 chips with me only having a draw? not me I'll call and hope he was stealing LOL what a turn, lovely, lets give me a pair and him a straight if he has a 5 or a 10 HO HO HO.......:eyes he bets, great, now what? I need a 10 now, do i call - well yes, a massive pot now and he might be bluffing BRILLIANT he has a lower PP and a draw - give me a 10 or an Ace please LOL a 5 for a split - so it goes....... HERO is at seat 4 with 10224.00 S-H-Glenn is at seat 6 with 3876.00

S-H-Glenn: --, -- HERO: 8h, Jc

Pre-flop:

HERO: Call 600.00 S-H-Glenn: Check

Flop (Board: 6c, 7s, 9d):

S-H-Glenn: Bet 1200.00 HERO: Call 1200.00

Turn (Board: 6c, 7s, 9d, 8c):

S-H-Glenn: Bet 1800.00 HERO: All in S-H-Glenn: All in

Showdown:

HERO shows: 8h, Jc (a pair of Eights) S-H-Glenn shows: Jh, 7d (a pair of Sevens)

River (Board: 6c, 7s, 9d, 8c, 5h):

S-H-Glenn shows: Jh, 7d (straight to the Nine) HERO shows: 8h, Jc (straight to the Nine)

Mainpot: Splitpot of 4476 straight to the Nine

OK we both got lucky last hand (me on the turn, and him on the river)

am expecting a shove any time now and pick up low connectors

and he folds - phew

HERO is at seat 4 with 9924.00 S-H-Glenn is at seat 6 with 4176.00

HERO: 3s, 4d S-H-Glenn: --, --

Pre-flop:

Another Q for me in the SB this time with a better kicker

Time to shove? I think he is calling with any two now - he is no longer weak/tight, he is desperate and calling with any 2

lets limp and see what happens

Flop - well it hasn't helped me, has it him? doubt it - do i steal here? nah, he is calling with any two again as he can't believe that flops has helped me

turn - in hindsight a mistake by him given his cards, he now has a flush draw and I have checked again - he needs to bet here and put me to the test - he doesn't (thankfully)

River, still no improvement, best to check, he does to and I win - poor play by him on the turn

HERO is at seat 4 with 10524.00 S-H-Glenn is at seat 6 with 3576.00

S-H-Glenn: --, -- HERO: Qd, 8h

Pre-flop:

Flop (Board: 9h, 9d, 9s):

Turn (Board: 9h, 9d, 9s, 4s):

River (Board: 9h, 9d, 9s, 4s, 10h):

Showdown:

S-H-Glenn shows: 6s, 5s (three of a kind, Nines) HERO shows: Qd, 8h (three of a kind, Nines)

Mainpot: HERO wins the pot of 1200 with three of a kind, Nines, Queen kicker.

Re: 33's STT Complete series of the HU Hands He folds his SB again HERO is at seat 4 with 10824.00 S-H-Glenn is at seat 6 with 3276.00

HERO: 3c, Qd S-H-Glenn: --, --

Pre-flop:

Another SB another Q4 for me (4 times now?) - I reckon Q4 is my lucky hand now so I call

what a great flop - all diamonds - lovely, lets see shall I steal? nah he is calling with any diamond, best check

turn - no help and he bets - he can have it

HERO is at seat 4 with 11424.00 S-H-Glenn is at seat 6 with 2676.00

S-H-Glenn: --, -- HERO: Qh, 4s

Pre-flop:

Flop (Board: 6d, Jd, Kd):

Turn (Board: 6d, Jd, Kd, 2c):

S-H-Glenn: Bet 1200.00 HERO: Fold

he limps again - and I have shite again - lets check

nice, I have bottom pair - any pair on the flop is good, so I have to bet and he shoves - this is tricky, very tricky.... against most other opponenets I would call in an instant here, but he has only bet when he has something, so I fold rather than drawing to beat him

I still have a big stack compared to him and I don't need to double him up with his K 7 limp (or whatever he had)

HERO is at seat 4 with 10524.00 S-H-Glenn is at seat 6 with 3576.00

HERO: 2c, 9s S-H-Glenn: --, --

Pre-flop:

Flop (Board: 7s, 2s, 4h):

HERO: Bet 1200.00 S-H-Glenn: All in HERO: Fold

Re: 33's STT Complete series of the HU Hands I really need to gain some momentum now, he has built his stack back up to a 2:1 dog from 3:1 Brill - I get A 10 on the SB, so I raise the usual and am hoping for the shove he folds.... and again I show, I need to get the psychological edge here please - hoping he folds his SB next hand HERO is at seat 4 with 9024.00 S-H-Glenn is at seat 6 with 5076.00

S-H-Glenn: --, -- HERO: 10s, Ad

Pre-flop:

HERO: Raise 1800.00 S-H-Glenn: Fold

Showdown:

HERO shows: 10s, Ad (high card, Ace)

well showing didn't work as he calls, but I have low suited connectors, so

I check and hope to hit

hmmm, I have bottom pair again with a K and ten - I can't bet here the K and 10 are danger cards, lets check and hope to hit trips/2 pr on the turn (if he lets me)

phew no bet and a blank for me, but a danger card as well - am going to try a min bet here, he had the chance to bet the flop and didn't take it, lets hope he is drawing and folds

he folds - phew

HERO is at seat 4 with 9324.00 S-H-Glenn is at seat 6 with 4776.00

HERO: 5d, 6d S-H-Glenn: --, --

Pre-flop:

Flop (Board: Kd, 5c, 10d):

HERO: Check S-H-Glenn: Check

Turn (Board: Kd, 5c, 10d, Jh):

HERO: Bet 600.00 S-H-Glenn: Fold

Okay have had 2 good hands on the trot, and get a lovely pair in the SB with which to keep up the pressure - so another standard raise by me hoping for the shove

he folds and I show again - I need to keep him dispirited and keep showing i have better cards all the time (to back up my semi-bluff last hand)

HERO is at seat 4 with 10224.00 S-H-Glenn is at seat 6 with 3876.00

S-H-Glenn: --, -- HERO: 9d, 9h

Pre-flop:

HERO: Raise 1800.00 S-H-Glenn: Fold

Showdown:

HERO shows: 9d, 9h (a pair of Nines)

Re: 33's STT Complete series of the HU Hands he is down to 6BB's after losing the last 3 hands and I am expecting the shove at any time and he obliges easy fold with shite HERO is at seat 4 with 10524.00 S-H-Glenn is at seat 6 with 3576.00

HERO: 4c, 8c S-H-Glenn: --, --

Pre-flop:

S-H-Glenn: All in HERO: Fold

OK he is in shoving mode - lets limp my K and see what happens (even though I had been raising K's from the SB in earlier levels)

what a board, it doesn't help me and I can't steal bet the Ace, coz I would raise with an Ace PF - just check it down and hope for the best.....

HERO is at seat 4 with 10224.00 S-H-Glenn is at seat 6 with 3876.00

S-H-Glenn: --, -- HERO: Kc, 3s

Pre-flop:

Flop (Board: 8c, Ac, 7s):

Turn (Board: 8c, Ac, 7s, Ah):

River (Board: 8c, Ac, 7s, Ah, Jd):

Showdown:

S-H-Glenn shows: Ks, 4c (a pair of Aces) HERO shows: Kc, 3s (a pair of Aces)

Mainpot: Splitpot of 600 a pair of Aces

Re: 33's STT Complete series of the HU Hands Blinds are up again soon, so its going to get ugly very soon...... He limp calls again and I check with a marginal hand result!! have middle pair - that will do for me, if he has a 9 then good luck to him, but I am over betting this flop and making him pay for any draws he might have he shoves and I call poor play by the villian given his cards, why no raise/shove PF? and why shove now with nothing? anyhoo no Ace and I win He reverted to type at the end, playing weak/tight, he had a few moments about 2/3rd the way through the game where he opened up a bit, but went back to his normal style at the end Hope this series of long posts gives folks an insight into HU play and what people play and why - the thinking behind the play and most importantly of all, being able to read your opponent and playing the optimum way to beat him Cheers Damo HERO is at seat 4 with 9924.00 S-H-Glenn is at seat 6 with 4176.00

HERO: 7h, 10c S-H-Glenn: --, --

Pre-flop:

Flop (Board: 9c, 7s, 2h):

HERO: Bet 1800.00 S-H-Glenn: All in HERO: Call 3876.00

Showdown:

HERO shows: 7h, 10c (a pair of Sevens) S-H-Glenn shows: Ac, 8s (high card, Ace)

Turn (Board: 9c, 7s, 2h, 4d):

River (Board: 9c, 7s, 2h, 4d, 10s):

HERO shows: 7h, 10c (two pair, Tens and Sevens)

Mainpot: HERO wins the pot of 8952 with two pair, Tens and Sevens