Twenty20 Cup Cricket

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Twenty20 Cup Cricket 3 from 4 today so hopefully the tournament is moving in the right direction. Just Surrey losing the match being the only loss today but a 15.9pt profit from the day will do me. I'll be back with Wednesday's bets shortly.

Re: Twenty20 Cup Cricket Cheers guys :ok Wednesday's games look a lot easier to call.

Wednesday 5 July 2006
HomeAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged." align="middle">sp.gifBPP
Leicestershire v Derbyshire (17:00 BST)1.832.20100%
Somerset v Northamptonshire (17:00 BST)1.862.10102%
Yorkshire v Nottinghamshire (17:00 BST)1.942.10100%
Glamorgan v Warwickshire (18:40 BST)1.902.10100%
10pts Leicestershire to beat Derbyshire 5/6 Stan James Leicester look to be one of the best bets in Twenty20 so far. They've already thrashed Derbyshire by 86 runs on Friday night and are challenging for qualification to the next round. Derby beat Lancashire on the opening night but have lost both their matches since then. Leicester will be missing Stuart Broad for this match as he goes off to play for England A but are at full strength apart from that. Broad took 1-23 in Friday's match so his absence is a loss but Australian Adam Griffith has started taking wickets now so the loss may not be that big. Derby have had a poor start, not helped by them having not passed 125 in an innings yet. Their batting lineup is poor without Birt. Once sides have got through their top 4 then the rest of the batting folds like a deck of cards. Although Steffan Jones gets wickets with the ball they've still conceded 204 and 173 in the 2 games they've lost. Past champions Leicester know how to get the job done and in a tight group they know their home games are vital and if they want to qualify they need to be beating Derby really and I think they will. 10pts Somerset to beat Northants 1.85 Expekt These 2 played out a tie on Thursday night and their fortunes have gone separate ways since then. Northants have won their last 2 and Somerset have lost their last 2. But in the game on Thursday night Northants were never in the game until some late hitting from Phillips and Andrew White got them level. That game was played on a pitch the unpires described as poor which suited Northants more than Somerset. At Taunton this will be more to Somerset's liking. Somerset will be close to full strength with the only decision in their squad is whether Parsons plays or Andrew. Either way they have enough strength in their batting to outscore Northants and good enough bowlers to defend a score. Northants have a big injury blow with captain David Sales out with an ankle injury. Not only is he a great batsman but he's the guy who makes them tick in the field. He'll be a big loss to a side who don't score that big all that often. Somerset are unbeaten in 4 vs Northants in Twenty20 and I think it will be unbeaten in 5 by 8.30 Wednesday night. 10pts Glamorgan to beat Warwickshire 10/11 Betdirect I've been opposing Warwickshire all competition thus far and I'll be doing it again here. Although they beat Somerset on Sunday, a lot of that was down to Alex Loudon however he won't be available here as he's another in the England A squad. Before losing at Bristol Glamorgan had won all 3 of their matches so they are obviously in good form and scoring plenty of runs. The loss at Gloucester shouldn't effect them too much as I think Gloucester are the strongest side in this section. Warwickshire without Loudon have to go back to the injury riddled side that had lost 2 of their 1st 3 matches and Cardiff isn't the place to go with injuries. People like McCullum and Franklin for the hosts will look to score quickly and take the game away from Warks. Warwickshire have never won at Cardiff in Twenty20 and with the differing fortunes in form and fitness among the sides I don't see them winning this time either. 10pts Nottinghamshire to beat Yorkshire Evens Betfred Leaders Notts go to Yorkshire having beaten them by 21 runs last week. In Mark Ealham, Notts have one of the most explosive hitters in the game as Leicester found out last night when he hit 31 off 7 balls to guide Notts to an unlikely win there. Before then Leicester had been Notts' bogey team and in fact it's only Leicester who've beaten Notts this season. However in their other matches they've piled on the runs and everyone has contributed which will help them build good totals. Yorkshire rely on 1 man in this generally. Darren Lehmann, if he has a good game Yorkshire are generally in the game. If he doesn't they can get rolled over. Their batting lineup isn't the strongest after the top 4 so they'll need to keep Notts to a manageable total. I think Notts will have too much power all round for Yorkshire here and take Notts to continue their charge towards the Quarter Finals with a victory here.

Re: Twenty20 Cup Cricket Nice write ups as usual mate I actually agree apart form I fancy Yorkshire tonight at home. Notts played last night and have to travel, which is prehaps a minor, but think it may have an effect in what should be a tight game

Re: Twenty20 Cup Cricket It's only Nottingham to Leeds mate - not an excessive amount so I can't see the travelling having much of an influence. Twenty20's all about momentum and Notts are beginning to build some up. It's Lehmann or nothing for Yorks which is why I can't be having them.

Re: Twenty20 Cup Cricket

10pts Leicestershire to beat Derbyshire 5/6 Stan James 10pts Somerset to beat Northants 1.85 Expekt 10pts Glamorgan to beat Warwickshire 10/11 Betdirect 10pts Nottinghamshire to beat Yorkshire Evens Betfred
Another profitable night with 2 out of the 3 completed matches providing me with winners. 8.3pt profit for the evening.

Thursday 6 July 2006
HomeAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged." align="middle">sp.gifBPP
Hampshire v Surrey (17:00 BST)2.001.91103%
Lancashire v Durham (17:00 BST)1.632.46102%
Worcestershire v Gloucestershire (17:00 BST)2.371.72100%
Sussex v Kent (18:30 BST)1.922.00103%
Essex v Middlesex (21:00 BST)1.503.00100%
5 matches tonight. Essex vs Middlesex is the TV game and while I expect Essex to win they are too short for me. I'll play 3 match bets and a bet for interest in the TV game. 10pts Worcestershire to beat Gloucestershire 5/4 Betfred I'm taking this bet purely on value grounds. Last week Gloucestershire beat Worcester by 1 run as Worcester failed to score 3 runs off their last 3 balls. That match showed there's not a great deal between the 2 sides and with this game being at Worcester I think they've a great chance of revenge at a nice price. Worcester have played 4 and lost 4 but that doesn't really reflect their season so far. They are scoring runs but unfortunately just haven't been able to get home. Hopefully with the knowledge they can no longer qualify for the knockout stages the shackles will come off and they will perform better at the death. Gloucestershire's bowlers have gone for 9 an over and more in every game so far so they give their opponents a chance and while their batting lineup can easily score that too it's a huge amount of pressure on them to keep on having to do it and hopefully this is one occasion where they don't fire so well. Good price in a fairly even contest and with home advantage I'm going to side with Worcestershire. 10pts Hampshire to beat Surrey Evens Betfred Before Twenty20 began this season I'd been opposing Surrey in 1day cricket as they can't defend runs, then changed my tactic in Twenty20 and backed them a lot as they are the kings of it but that hasn't worked out so I'm going back to my opposing them tactic. Hampshire are a good side and a side who play very well at the Rose Bowl generally. Although they stick out a young side in this competition they've still had a couple of eye catching performances and the spinners Udal and Lamb often win games for them. They've got Carberry and Mascarenhas in good form with the bat and if it all comes together they can be a handful for Surrey. The pressure's on for the Brown Caps, for the 1st time in Twenty20 they are in danger of not qualifying for the next stage and despite their in form top 3 they are not playing well. They come into this having lost their last 3 and captain Rikki Clarke is having the same trouble Ramprakash had last year and Butcher has had in the C&G this year, they simply can't stop conceding runs which puts pressure on their batsmen to perform and recently they've not done that. No doubt about it they can blitz sides away with the bat but for whatever reason by their standards the last 3 games they've been very poor. I often think being at home is worth an extra 10% in this competition and Hampshire have that luxury here, I don't think they are a great deal worse than Surrey and I take them to win here. 10pts Kent to beat Sussex 2.00 Betfair Kent go to Hove in great form and are top of the table. Sussex in 2nd are in good form too ahead of what could turn out to be the group decider. Lots to play for in this but as I've said in previous write-ups Sussex don't score enough runs with the bat and rely heavily on their bowlers bailing them out. That's been happening recently but there will be a time where they don't rescue them. Murray Goodwin and Mushtaq Ahmed missed their last game and if they were to miss this game too, they'd be big misses. The time could be here to be fair. Kent have a big batting order with a mixture of stroke makers and big hitters. They've scored over 175 in 3 of their 5 matches so far so they can hit big runs and maybe put themselves out of sight. In Andrew Hall they have a great bowler who is as economical as they come so scoring won't be easy for the Sussex batsmen. Captain Rob Key will miss this game for Kent as he's captaining England A but Kent have enough strength to cope with that loss. Top of the table, full of confidence and knowing a win sees them into the Quarter Finals I'm siding with Kent to win here. 2pts D.Gough top Essex bat 12/1 Stan James Essex employ Darren Gough as a pinch hitter in Twenty20 and send him in at No3. He's getting better in the position and in their last game against Hampshire he top scored. Whilst Irani is a worthy favourite with Gough batting at 3 he'll have the chance to score runs and at 12/1 I think he's worth a small investment to top score.

Nice one yesterday mate Top tipping Doubt there will be any play here tonight though
I wish there wasn't now :eyes . Worcester never really in the game. Loss on the day too after Hampshire threw their game away from an excellent position. Gough's innings was so short it would take longer to read this. Luckily Kent saved a bad day being a totally disastrous one. It's a full fixture list on Friday which should mean lots of value. I'll be back soon with any bets.

Friday 7 July 2006
Gloucestershire v Somerset (17:00 BST)1.802.25100%
Hampshire v Sussex (17:00 BST)2.251.80100%
Leicestershire v Durham (17:00 BST)1.752.20103%
Northamptonshire v Glamorgan (17:00 BST)1.902.05102%
Surrey v Middlesex (17:00 BST)1.572.81100%
Warwickshire v Worcestershire (17:00 BST)1.702.40101%
Derbyshire v Nottinghamshire (18:30 BST)2.371.66103%
Essex v Kent (19:00 BST)1.902.10101%
Lancashire v Yorkshire (21:00 BST)1.842.20100%
As I thought, quite a bit of value this evening. I'm not picking them but Derby are a big price but I'll sit back without a bet hoping they win to help the Leicestershire outright bet out. 10pts Kent to beat Essex 2.10 Betfair Kent are the form side of Twenty20 no doubt about it, last night they won at Sussex to make it 4 wins on the bounce and it's still only Surrey who have beaten them. Essex have won 4 of their 6 games thus far so are in good form too but they stuttered to victory over Middlesex last night which doesn't bode too well for them. Whoever wins this match is likely to go on and win the group. In fact, if Kent win here and Hampshire beat Sussex, Kent will be confirmed group winners. In Andrew Hall, Kent have probably the player of the tournament so far, to date his bowling figures for the tournament read 20.4-0-120-14. So he's taken his 14 wickets at less than a run an ball which when you consider he opens the bowling within the fielding restrictions, is incredible in Twenty20. Tyron Henderson has also been economical and spinners Patel and Tredwell help out with wickets. When the bowlers restrict the oppositions scoring like that it takes the pressure off the batsmen and Stevens and Dexter have been getting Kent off to good starts which makes the job so much easier. They are all into a groove now and will be hard to stop. One of Essex's problems here is the loss of Ravi Bopara to England A. Not only does he bowl for them a bit but he's a strong batsmen in a weak lineup. Essex's batsmen will have their work cut out against the Kent attack and a lot will depend on Irani. Middlesex scored 178 against Essex last night so if Kent replicate that, the rescue act could be beyond even Irani's capabilities. In their 1st meeting Kent ran out easy winners to the tune of 39 runs. I tipped Kent outright and they've fulfilled my expectations. I think they'll go on to win the group now, aided by victory here. 10pts Leicestershire to beat Durham 1.75 Expekt This could turn out to be a bit of a mismatch to be fair. Durham have won 2 matches but it's fair to say they've been given those as they've still not hit over 140 this season and if you don't score over 140 you shouldn't really be winning matches at this level. Leicester's batsmen could be the key here, if they fire how they have been they'll bat Durham out of this game. Although only Derby have been blown away by the Foxes, they've regularly made 160 at least and you are always in the game at Grace Rd with that on the board. Aussie Adam Griffith has been taking wickets at the top of the innings and Snape, Mongia and Maddy look to dry up the runs as the innings goes on. Durham have no standout star with either bat or ball. Mick Lewis is taking wickets but he's going for runs too and if that trend continues I'd fancy Leicester to get away from the Dynamoes. Leicester are a great Twenty20 side who know how to get the job done in front of a packed Grace Rd crowd. Winning momemtum and experience count for a lot in this and Durham having to travel from their game at Manchester last night isn't ideal preparation, it all points to a Foxes win which is where my money is going.

Re: Twenty20 Cup Cricket 10pts Northants to beat Glamorgan 10/11 VC Northants have impressed me in their last 2 or 3 matches. Their batting lineup has started firing on all cylinders and whenever that happens they are always likely to be a dangerous side with 2 of the countries best spinners in their ranks. Glamorgan won their 1st 3 but a loss and a rained off game since has brought them back to the rest. The key to Northants resurgance in this has been attacking batsmen Rob White. He's the perfect link between the openers Ganguly and Afzaal, and Sales and Klusener in the middle order and if he gets going he can score very quickly. An explosive batting lineup who can all score quickly is a plus as is the economical bowling of Phillips and Ganguly and at Northampton, Panesar and Brown will always take advantage of the turning wickets. I mentioned Glamorgan's 3 wins, 2 of them came from wonder knocks and you can't always rely on them. If there is no wonder knock then Glamorgan are just an average batting side IMO. However one problem they have is the carnage being done to their opening bowlers. Against Gloucestershire Andrew Davies' 4 overs went for 61 runs. Games at Northampton are often lower scoring affairs compared to the rest of the venues in this group and Glamorgan won't want a repeat of that. I simply can't rely on a wonder innings coming for the Dragons and with the better all round side being Northants who come into this on the back of 3 consecutive wins I'm going to go with the home side here. 10pts Yorkshire vs Lancashire 11/10 Blue Square I'm possibly mad betting on a Roses match but I think Lancashire are overrated in this. There's no Hodge, Symonds, Flintoff, Chapple or Loye from the Lancashire side that made the final last season and that doesn't appear to have been factored into their price. In truth, Stuart Law, Nathan Astle and Dominic Cork aside this is a young but poor Lancashire side. Lancashire have failed to score over 135 in 3 of their 5 games which is almost unheard of for the Lightning. A lot of emphasis is placed on Stuart Law but he can't do it all on his own. He needs some help but there's none arriving at the minute. Nathan Astle looked a good signing but he's been very poor so far. Their bowling attack is fine but they can't defend such low scores in this format. Before Tuesday I said Yorkshire were a 1 man side. Darren Lehmann. However others chipped in on Tuesday which has given me confidence to side with the Phoenix here. I think Yorkshire's batting lineup is stronger than Lancashire's and Lehmann and Dawson will exploit any spin on the Old Trafford wicket and scoring against those 2 won't be easy. With Lancashire's inconsistency with their batting and Yorkshire's good performances recently despite not always winning, I'm going to go against the reputations and back the White Rose to emerge victorious in the 1st of this seasons Roses battles.

Re: Twenty20 Cup Cricket One more which is a big price given the carnage they dished out 1st time around. 10pts Somerset to beat Gloucestershire 5/4 Bet365 1st time around Somerset hit their World record 250-3 in a drubbing of the Gladiators. Since then Gloucester have still shipped a few runs albeit not as many. Gloucester come into this on top of the group whereas Somerset have only managed a tie in the 4 matches since that opening game. I expect this to be a real run fest. Both sides have lineups who can score lots of runs but Somerset have shown what they can do to Gloucester already. Justin Langer will be full of confidence from his 97 off 60 balls on Wednesday despite that being in a losing effort and Cameron White can always score big runs quickly. I like the look of the Sabres bowling attack, Johnson and Willoughby can take wickets with the new ball and while they lack a very good spinner later in the innings they have a couple of guys who can do the job. Gloucester will rely on Ian Harvey to score runs with the bat and I reckon if you get him out cheaply you'll immediately knock a run off the Gloucester run rate, that's how vital he is and how quickly he scores. I've no concerns with their batting line up - they can all bat but their bowling can be waded into. If Somerset get hold of their bowlers it could be another massacre. Such was the margin of victory last time out between these 2 that if Somerset make a good start the Gladiators bowlers may think back to that fateful day and the carnage could ensue. At this price, I'm prepared to go against the form and back Somerset to do a job on Gloucester in a game they have to win to have any chance of qualifying. Lose and they are out.

Re: Twenty20 Cup Cricket A 7.6pt profit for Friday :clap . Onto Saturday's 2 matches now.

Saturday 8 July 2006
Durham v Derbyshire (14:10 BST)1.752.25102%
Yorkshire v Leicestershire (14:30 BST)1.832.14102%
10pts Leicestershire to beat Yorkshire Evens Stan James Leicester come into this game on the back of 2 very convincing victories and arrive here safe in the knowledge that a win will see them safely into the Quarters with an excellent chance of pushing on to get a home draw in those. Yorkshire beat Lancashire fairly impressively yesterday but one thing I noticed in that match was how woeful Yorkshire's fielding was. Luckily for them Lancashire were awful and it didn't cost them. In this game they play a better side and won't be able to shell so many chances. Whilst I'm happy with Yorkshire's bowling I'm still not convinced with their batting. Leicester are a solid side who will post a score and then defend it. They are masters at that and they have some very clever bowlers. Their batting should enjoy being away from the low, slow Grace Rd too. Form and experience is on the Foxes side here and so am I. 10pts Durham vs Derbyshire Under 5 6's 8/5 Sporting Odds. The Sky live game has all the makings of a dull, low scoring affair. Neither side this season have hit more than 143-6 so there's automatically a good chance there won't be many 6's. I then look at both sides matches and find that Durham have hit 9 maximums in 6 matches (four of those coming in 1 Benkenstein innings) and Derby have hit 4 6's from their 5 games. So in total in the 2 sides 11 matches this season they've hit 13 6's between them. That suggests we won't see 5 in this one. As if that wasn't enough, for some reason at Durham they don't bring the boundaries in so they are having to clear big boundaries for their maximums. Fantastic price on under 5 6's which I'm going to take.

Re: Twenty20 Cup Cricket A winner and a loser on Saturday. Level day for me. Have another outright bet though. 3pts ew Northants to win Twenty20 10/1 Stan James When I originally looked at the Midlands group Northants were my pick however rumours of a lack of harmony in the dressing room and poor form coming into the event made me swerve them but they've shown those rumours to be false and are playing very good cricket all of a sudden. They've already qualified from their group and there's every chance they can push on and get a home quarter final. Given they are in the last 8, 10/1 looks a bit high to me so I'm going to pick them after all.

Sunday 9 July 2006
Lancashire v Nottinghamshire (14:30 BST)2.041.92102%
Worcestershire v Somerset (14:30 BST)1.952.05101%
10pts Lancashire to beat Nottinghamshire Evens Blue Square Normally I'm reluctant to back Lancashire in 1 day cricket but I'll make an exception here as they are about the right price. They are already out of the competition but today is about much more than that in terms of English cricket. Today sees the return to action of Andrew Flintoff and while many will want him to take it easy I don't think that's in Fred's nature. I've been critical of Lancashire's batting lineup so far in this but now when you look at it, Chilton, Law, Astle and Flintoff in the top 4 or 5 it has some substance to it. I've never had any problems with their bowling, Cork, Mahmood and Flintoff are a fairly formidable trio at this level. Notts come into this top of the table but recently they've won games without their batting lineup being tested, which I'm sure will be here. Their bowling attack is ok too and so is their batting lineup to be fair but without being tested we don't know how it's going to perform. It's a good opportunity for Lancs to get some confidence up going into the Pro40 and I reckon they'll take it. It's not often we can back Lancashire at Evens so I'm taking advantage of it today. 10pts Worcestershire to beat Somerset 1.95 Expekt Somerset simply haven't performed in this competition bar one match and although it looks as though the same could be said for Worcester that's not true, they've always been in their matches and they've only lost tight finishes when they've lost. This being at Worcester helps too, Solanki will know every corner of New Rd and how to defend it whereas Cameron White is going to grounds for the 1st time as Somerset skipper and he's not able to defend scores. I'm tired of saying how much potential Somersets batting has, truth is bar the opening game they've not performed at all. Worcester have regularly made 170 and over and with Hick still in such superb touch they are the call in this one.

Re: Twenty20 Cup Cricket Cheers Mullet :ok 2 winners yesterday made for a good day. 19.5pt profit on the day. 3 matches today.

Monday 10 July 2006
Warwickshire v Northamptonshire (17:00 BST)2.101.90101%
Derbyshire v Yorkshire (17:30 BST)2.241.80101%
Glamorgan v Gloucestershire (19:10 BST)2.081.90101%
10pts Northants to beat Warwickshire 1.90 Expekt Big game for both sides here, Northants by winning will ensure qualification before tomorrow's match with leaders Gloucestershire and a Warwickshire win keeps them in contention for a Quarter Final spot. Northants come into the game in superb form having won 4 and drew 1 of their 5 matches since being beat by Warwickshire on the opening night. Their batting lineup is in superb form right now having passed 170 in their last 3 matches and with a good bowling attack that's always likely to be enough. There will be no Monty Panesar this evening as he'll be off with England preparing for the upcoming test match but although his likely replacement Andrew White isn't as strong a bowler he's a far better batsman than Monty. Warwickshire come into the match in fairly poor form having won only 2 of their 6 games to date with 1 no result. They have lots of injuries in their side and the England call up to Ian Bell won't have helped either. They have had to play with only 4 main bowlers in this competition due to their injuries and it's costing them dear. They beat Northants on the opening night but that was only on the back of an incredible 60 run partnership between Streak and Powell put on in only 5 overs. Things like that don't happen every day and they will need to improve to claim the win they need here. Northants have all the form and momentum on their side and that's an excellent combination particularly in this. They will be motivated for a win to ensure their qualification and I think they will win. Away win for me in this one. 10pts Gloucestershire to beat Glamorgan 10/11 Sporting Odds Leaders Gloucestershire go to Cardiff to take on a stuttering Glamorgan side. The hosts won their 1st 3 but haven't won since. Gloucester come into the game on the back of 5 straight wins after their annihilation at Somerset. Gloucesters batting lineup is on fire, they've passed 200 on their last 2 outings and anything like that will be more than enough. With explosive batsmen like Harvey and Spearman opening the innings and solid batsmen like Gidman and Taylor in after them it's not hard to see why they score so many. Their bowlers, while being mostly expensive do take wickets so protecting big scores is no problem for them. Glamorgan themselves have big hitters in their side and regularly go past 160 themselves but their bowling attack, if you can call it that, is very weak. If Croft bowls well that helps but the rest tend to go round the park at an alarming rate. Gloucester are in great form and all round are better than Glamorgan so I'm siding with the West-country side. 10pts Over 9 6's in the Glamorgan-Gloucester match 13/8 Sporting Odds These 2 sides have lots of big hitting batsmen in their ranks, if the likes of Harvey, Spearman, Gidman, Taylor, McCullum, Powell and Franklin get going then 10 6's will be comfortably within their capabilities. Neither side are strangers to seeing 6's. In their 6 matches so far Gloucester have hit 41 maximums and conceded 41, admittedly 9 of those conceded came from Cameron White's bat in that Somerset onslaught. Glamorgan have scored 26 themselves in 5 completed matches, conceding 19 showing us both sides have the capabilities to hit many 6's. There were 10 in the match between the two sides last week and I'll go for 10 or more again here.