Ronald "Winky" Wright v Jermain Taylor

Two of boxing's most accomplished competitors meet in a major middleweight title showdown when World Championship Boxing: Jermain Taylor vs. Winky Wright is seen live from the FedEx Forum in Memphis on Saturday, June 17. I think Winky Wright is one of the best boxers on the planet, and would put him 2nd in the pound for pound list behind Floyd Mayweather. However this will be a very hard fight against the powerful Jermain Taylor. Taylor has an excellent record of 25-0 and has 2 wins over the legendary Bernard Hopkins, both of which could have went either way IMO. Wright has a record of 50-3 and is undeafted since 1999 and is the former undisputed light-middleweight champion. In has last 2 fights Wright has beaten Sam Soliman and Felix Trinidad. Taylor has a good jab, and a powerful right hand and has excellent physical strength but he can tire himself out as was seen in his first fight with Hopkins and also leaves himself open for counter punches. Wright is one of the best defensive boxers in the world and is thought to be one of the hardest boxers to hit. He fights in a southpaw stance he has great defensive abilities and can block punches with his elbows and gloves. He has a great jab and a solid chin. I think this could be one of the fights of the year, and I cant wait for it. Winky Wright 10/10 @ 2.29 pinnacle

Re: Ronald "Winky" Wright v Jermain Taylor Late money is seemingly flying in on Wright so hopefulyl Winky does the business for ya. Me? I'll just watch it when I come back from work at 3am (almost too close to call for me to be confident about anything! :().

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.