England vs Sri Lanka ODI Series

Re: England vs Sri Lanka ODI Series 4th ODI takes place at Old Trafford on Wednesday and I've 2 bets for it. 10pts Sri Lanka to beat England Evens Bet Direct I'm amazed that at 3-0 up in the series you can still get evens on Sri Lanka, particularly with how the series has panned out. Of the 3 games played so far England have not just been beaten in all 3 but they've been humiliated too. I wasn't going to bet on games 4 and 5 outright but at these odds I have to. Before the series began I had this down as a 4-1 win to Sri Lanka. I was wrong on that, it will be 5-0. Of that I've no doubt whatsoever. I was thinking that maybe a lack of motivation might stop Sri Lanka now but even that won't change matters in this series such is the tourists dominance. The only thing to save England will be rain and sadly that's not forecasted. England's record at Old Trafford is not good either - the only ODI win here since 98 was against Zimbabwe and in that time Sri Lanka have beaten England here. If their record wasn't bad enough there are big doubts over the fitness of stars Pietersen and Collingwood for Wednesday's game and absolutely everything suggests another Sri Lankan win which I'm more than happy to be on. 10pts K.Sangakkara's performance pts 45&Over 5/6 Boylesports 1pt per run, 10pts per catch and 25pts per stumping. Sangakkara has shown his class with the bat on this tour and has been getting catches behind the stumps too. He's covered this ask in the last 2 matches and I see nothing changing in this game. 50's in the last 2 games have been enough but with the Old Trafford pitch be reknowned for taking spin then stumping opportunities may arise and I think he can achieve 45pts in this match.

Re: England vs Sri Lanka ODI Series Backing Sri Lanka in this series really has been the easiest money I've ever made :lol . 86/1 off 13 overs. England are just terrible! If they don't slow down this run rate then with no Collingwood or Pietersen in the lineup they've no chance of chasing it down on what I heard Jayawardene describe as a pitch that's likely to turn in the 2nd half of the game!

Re: England vs Sri Lanka ODI Series

couple of Sanga stumpings would be very nice :tongue2 ;)
Psychic Meaty!! :rollin 2 Sangakkara stumpings does the business in the performance bet and the SL win was never in doubt. On to Headingley on Saturday where I suspect there will be more interest on the football which is being shown in between breaks in play, than the cricket!

Another shocking effort in the field from England. They're just leaving the batsmen far too much to do. Been impressed with Dalrymple. He for sure has the spinners slot tied up if Giles can't make it in the New Year.
Room to play them both if you ask me. They won't because they always do things their way but the way our seamers are bowling when Fred comes back there's room to turf one for good and play Dalrymple - extends the batting and the bowling and everyone's a winner. I wonder how long it will be before they swallow their pride and turn to Gough again. If they want to even think of doing anything in the Windies next year they need him.

Re: England vs Sri Lanka ODI Series I dont think they can go back to Gough. It would be an admission right now that they are struggling big time. If they wanted Goughie they;d of played him from day 1. His ODI career is now dead for me, shame, he has a lot still to offer.

I dont think they can go back to Gough. It would be an admission right now that they are struggling big time. If they wanted Goughie they;d of played him from day 1. His ODI career is now dead for me, shame, he has a lot still to offer.
Do they have to admit that?! It's plain for all to see surely. We are an absolute farce at the 1 day game and until we teach our bowlers to bowl a good length ball which is straight we'll struggle forever more. We have enough matchwinners with the bat but nobody who can bowl 6 decent balls on the trot! They've gone back to Solanki and Kabir more times than they've had hot dinners so now it's time for Goughie regardless of what Harmison thinks.

Re: England vs Sri Lanka ODI Series Mate I was at The Oval last Tuesday and apart from Harmison who bowled his best so far this series and a decent effort from Dalrymple we were a bloody joke. The crowd were laughing at Mahmood. He bowled short and all over the place. When we have our best 11 out there i think they can be a match for most

Mate I was at The Oval last Tuesday and apart from Harmison who bowled his best so far this series and a decent effort from Dalrymple we were a bloody joke. The crowd were laughing at Mahmood. He bowled short and all over the place. When we have our best 11 out there i think they can be a match for most
Aye, I've not seen any of the series but from what I've heard on the radio and read in reports it's either short and straight or full and wide - nothing in between! Tbh I think the problem is they don't know their best side. Fletcher needs to get rid of this 3d cricketer thing and quick - stick in 7 batsmen - 1 of those who can bowl and 1 who can keep wicket (preferably not Jones) then 3 seamers who can bowl regardless of their batting technique and a spinner. If 7 batsmen can't bat 50 overs without relying on lower order hitting from the tail it's a poor show of affairs.

SportCricket
Event5th One day match
SelectionENGLAND v Sri Lanka
Strength10/10
Date01/07/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.22 (Back)
ReasoningI must be crazy but I really think England are going to nail this one. 4-0 down and only pride to play for but I think they'll be well up for this and want a result to end this series. Headingley is a seamers paradise and should should our guys really well. They may even look like a half decent attack! It should be pretty low scoring and I just think this one has been our best best pitch to win on the whole series and we're getting the best price on England in the series so it must be worth a go. £345 available.

SportCricket
Event5th One day match
SelectionENGLAND v Sri Lanka
Strength10/10
Date01/07/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.22 (Back)
ReasoningI must be crazy but I really think England are going to nail this one. 4-0 down and only pride to play for but I think they'll be well up for this and want a result to end this series. Headingley is a seamers paradise and should should our guys really well. They may even look like a half decent attack! It should be pretty low scoring and I just think this one has been our best best pitch to win on the whole series and we're getting the best price on England in the series so it must be worth a go. £345 available.
Good luck with this Mr I. I'm going to post my picks for tomorrow game when I've had a good look at it. I think I'll be leaving the outright game alone as I don't fancy England and the Sri Lankans are no price for a nothing game. One thing to consider, I hope I'm wrong but I really think that the Headingley powers that be may regret showing the footy on the big screen tomorrow if they want an England win! As professionals it shouldn't happen that fielders watch the big screen but knowing a few of them are big footy fans it wouldn't surprise me if they do :lol .

One thing to consider, I hope I'm wrong but I really think that the Headingley powers that be may regret showing the footy on the big screen tomorrow if they want an England win! As professionals it shouldn't happen that fielders watch the big screen but knowing a few of them are big footy fans it wouldn't surprise me if they do :lol .
Hopefully we'll let them have a bat first then:loon :loon

Re: England vs Sri Lanka ODI Series I'm not going near the outright match - there's too much risk of it turning into a faarce. With the football on the big screen I can't see the crowd being all that interested in the cricket which may effect the play and it's not worth betting on IMO. I do have 1 bet for tomorrow's match though! 10pts J.Dalrymple's performance pts 40&Over 5/6 bet365 I think this performance target is a bit low to be honest. Dalrymple has proved himself to be worth his place in the side in the previous 4 games and has been the only bright light for England in this series really. He bats, bowls and fields in busy positions in the field and is always in the game. So much so that he will every chance to achieve this target which I think he'll do.

Re: England vs Sri Lanka ODI Series Cracking write ups as usual, I'm also unsure on the outright market so I've gone ive backed Sri Lanka to score more in the first 10 overs than England @ 1.73 (Skybet) as Sri Lanka have been coming out of the traps quite quickly and the England attack has found it difficult to keep things tight especially in terms of the extra's they tend to give away.

Re: England vs Sri Lanka ODI Series Yikes. :eek The England bowling is indeed hopeless. If I'd have known that (and the four previous matches were surely a big bloody clue), the 321 wouldn't have put me off. That 15/8 on Sri Lanka looks like a gift from the heavens now. :eyes

Re: England vs Sri Lanka ODI Series Another totally inept bowling performance from us today. You'd think after 4 matches of being swatted round England by Jayasuriya we'd stop feeding him 4 balls by now but nope! I said it after the last game and I'll say it again we'll go nowhere without Gough and someone sort out Kevin Shine, if he's training these bowlers and getting paid for it then it's another English sporting waste of money. On the bright side though, Dalrymple shone yet again and covered the performance spread and Trescothick's century won the series top scorer bet.

Cracking write ups as usual' date=' I'm also unsure on the outright market so I've gone ive backed Sri Lanka to score more in the first 10 overs than England @ 1.73 (Skybet) as Sri Lanka have been coming out of the traps quite quickly and the England attack has found it difficult to keep things tight especially in terms of the extra's they tend to give away.[/quote'] :nana:nana