Betting on less popular sports

Betting on less popular sports  

1. 1.

• You can easily learn about new sports and make it pay in no time!
    • It's hard work, but very possible.
    • People should just stick to what they know
    • Too much effort and there are no guarantees you will make it pay
    • Unsure

The general point I want to raise is what people think about how easy/difficult a transition to a sport you are less familiar with is and can you start from scratch to make it pay? For example, I know very little about golf, tennis, rugby and the like and, unless you have sky, the coverage of each sport on TV is minimal. Does this therefore make it impossible to become a successful punter on these sports? One could learn to interpret stats, I suppose, and decide bets purely on the stats, but if that would work is doubtful. Having said that, there are bound to be people here who do that and do OK from it. If anyone has made a transition to bet on sports they previously knew nothing about, I'd also be interested to know how they found it.

Re: Betting on less popular sports I don't think it's worth the effort. Simply because there is no reason (at least I can't think of one) why betting on one sport should be easier then betting on another when you base the bet on statistics. This is based purely on logic, not on any knowledge because I always bet on football (soccer) and never really tried anything else. So I could be wrong.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.