Lucky 15 Suicide Mission

This is based on my systems in the Systems & Strategy forum. I'll post occasional EW Lucky 15s. You'll be able to see how my systems gave the individual selections in my thread in Systems and Strategy. They're only going to be occasional because I'm not going to force this ... I'll only post when there are four really suitable selections. In principle I think it's mad to place a bet including a 4-horse win accumulator on horses at the kind of prices these will be. Let me stick my neck out ... I will never have 4 winners. However, all (?) bookmakers who offer Lucky 15s pay double the odds when you have exactly one winner, and I estimate that's going to be worth about 2 points to me on average on a 1 point EW Lucky 15, so that will pay for the 4-fold accies. Actually, some independent bookies offer 3x the odds, but I'll assume 2x here. For simplicity, I'll always take SP. I'll be using an aggressive percentage staking plan (this is where the "suicide mission" part comes in). I'll start with a bank of 1000 points, and use a unit stake of about 0.5% of my current bank, which makes 15% in total. This is aggressive, but I have thought about the amount, it's not just macho bravado. Anyway, staking 15% of your bank on a Lucky 15 seems the numerologically correct thing to do, even if you think it's financially suspect. I'll round the stake off to something convenient; I don't want to get into silly fractions. I'll also keep a record of the level stakes yield ... for wimps. I'll stop when I get down below 1 point or up above a million. :lol OK, first one ... At the Helm (3.00 Wolverhampton) Hart of Gold (4.00 Wolverhampton) Dream Champion (4.20 Catterick) Gobi King (8.40 Haydock) 5 point EW Lucky 15 150 points staked.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Lucky 15 Suicide Mission Best of luck with this mate and like you say once you get past doubles you start to play into the bookies hands. These are all come on bets and what a lot of punters don't realise is one loser and thats 8 bets down the pan right away. The bookies I used gave 3 x for 1 winner until being taken over by the tote and that suited me when picking outsiders but not now. Anyway slapdash knowing you a four timer is likely to appear some time in the furure. % MAN

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.