Poker Office v Poker Tracker

GaF

Ok - I've bought the full version of Poker Office. I had previously bought Poker Tracker. So now have both. Anyone else have both and able to make direct comparisons? My main motivation for getting Poker Office was for its support of Prima Tournaments which is lacking in Poker Tracker. It also supports iPlayer (Betfred) cash games, again lacking in Poker Tracker. My initial thought on PokerTracker is however one of disappointment. I hope it's just an unfamiliarity at this stage (and being used to how Pokertracker does things, but I suspect not). My main thoughts on the weaknesses of Poker Office so far, directly v Poker tacker are as follows: 1) Documentation. As yet there is no documentation for Version 2 of Poker Office. We are talking the basic "getting started" documentation. So operation of the program comes either from v 1 documentation or intuition!! Further, there are a number of guides (http://www.bet-the-pot.com./ is a very good example) and ebooks for more advanced use of PokerTracker. I have been unable to find any equivalent for PokerOffice. 2) File Management. With poker tracker, files are imported from your computers hard drive using an "auto detect" feture - no need to browse through and identify the files for the program. This does not exist on PokerOffice. You are required to know where the files are stored and direct the program to them (little help on this on the web site either). Further, a lot of the files aren't "recognised" and cannot be used. I say a "lot" - this has applied to all of those I've tried so far!!!!! Only the "live import" function seems to work for a lot of sites!!! 3) Stats - the availability of relevent live stats seems a lot less intuitive than with PokerTracker and Gametime+. Those stats which are provided are pretty basic and getting further information in the alloted time to make a decision seems pretty hard!!! Even "offline" the stats seem less in depth and less "data mineable". 4) Tourney Gears - Whilst Prima tourneys are supported in PO whilst not in PT, there is a HUGE weakness to the way they are dealt with in PO!! All stats and all stats for the current session are displayed, but what is not displayed are all stats at the current blinds!!!! This for me is essential at seeing a persons ability to "move through the gears", and what gear they may currently be in. Someones stats when the blinds are 10/20 and they have a stack of 1500 should not be lumped in with someones stats when the blinds are 250/500 and their stack is 1500!!!! PT has a little tick box to "only display stats at the current blinds" . This appears sadly missing in PO. So, at the moment Poker Tracker gets my clear vote!!! I'm hoping that there are some fans of PokerOffice out there who disagree with what I say and can put some arguments in its favour to try and persuade me of it's merits!!!! What advantages does PokerOffice have over PokerTracker?

Re: Poker Office v Poker Tracker No fans of Poker Office here? Ok - I'll try and stick up for it a little - one very nice feature it has that Poker Tracker doesn't..... PO updates during a hand, giving you offered pot odds and your odds of improving with the next card (and what that improvement is to).....a nice touch and you quickly get to learn the odds for various "draws".........at a glance you can see the value (or not) of a draw....

Re: Poker Office v Poker Tracker Here's an example of what I'm talking about in PO..... pokeroffice4ev.jpg So at the time I have to make this decision, I have a pair of Aces (with poor kicker). I have a 3.9:1 chance of hitting Trips or Two Pair (with next 2 cards), and the pot is offering me odds of 4.5:1. The kind of numbers we should all be aware of, but oresented easily and "live", so no calculation necessary!!!

Re: Poker Office v Poker Tracker

Here's an example of what I'm talking about in PO..... pokeroffice4ev.jpg So at the time I have to make this decision, I have a pair of Aces (with poor kicker). I have a 3.9:1 chance of hitting Trips or Two Pair (with next 2 cards), and the pot is offering me odds of 4.5:1. The kind of numbers we should all be aware of, but oresented easily and "live", so no calculation necessary!!!
Except that it's got the answer wrong.

any of the oens i have/had money in' date=' ladbrokes, full tilt, europoker(pokerroom), vc, virgin, SO, mansion[/quote'] I know it won't work with any of the Boss Media sites ('cos someone else said so:D) and doubt either can work with Mansion as their hand history isn't working yet.

Re: Poker Office v Poker Tracker Have you checked the PokerTracker Website for the sites you wish to import from? Off the top of my head... BossMedia is not supported Mansion is not supported Tribeca is fairly newly supported - might require a plug in be downloaded Ladbrokes only works with cash games, not tournaments Full Tilt - not sure - never used with PT Europoker - not used, but believe a plug in is required to consolidate the hand history...... I'm guessing that you are trying to use it at unsupported sites, sites where tournaments aren't supported and you are trying to import tournaments or you are doing it without setting it up properly/installing the required plug ins..... Recommend you go to the PokerTracker web site and follow the instructions for the supported site you wish to work with!!!

Except that it's got the answer wrong.
Er......Yeah :$ :$ :$ I guess their logic is "outs" that improve your hand without improving your opponents......so there are 9 outs for 2 pair on the next card, but only 3 of these are "unique" to you......

Re: Poker Office v Poker Tracker Also it doesn't mention the straight possibility if the turn and river are 53, which is worth about one third of an out. Not that significant here, maybe, but it would be interesting to see what it would say if you had 98 and the flop contained J6, in which case the runner-runner straight chances are more significant.