Rugby League: Super League - Round 16

Hello folks, back to the Super League this week.....can you believe we are in round 16 already!! Anyway here are the early handicaps from betdirect.... St Helens vs Hull FC (+16pts) Leeds Rhinos vs Wigan Warriors (+16pts) Harlequins RL vs Warrington Wolves (Scr) Huddersfield Giants vs Les Catalans Dragons (+14pts) Wakefield Wildcats vs Salford City Reds (+6pts) Castleford Tigers vs Bradford Bulls (-14pts) All thoughts welcome, lets keep these Rugby League threads in tip top fashion :ok More to follow....

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 16 Leeds interest me as does Salford and maybe Les Cat's. It's going to be red hot this weekend according to the forecast Will have to give this some thought ;) After last week me backing the Wire and Dewsbury heavily I might not be playing miuhc this week ;)

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 16 After last week i aint gonna slag off betdirects h/caps ever again. But 16 pts start for Hull is well worth a gamble. So is Leeds to hammer hopeless Wigan. And the Bulls can put some poor form behind them by running in plenty of points against Cas.

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 16

Will have to give this some thought ;) After last week me backing the Wire and Dewsbury heavily I might not be playing miuhc this week ;)
Me too mate, still licking my wounds. Leeds also interests me, dont think we will have another 70-0, but fancy Leeds to win this comfortably.

Hello again boys...Will have a look at the fixtures after work and post back on here later...Missed you all mmwwaa mmwwaa mmwwaa Football-Tipper :)
Welcome back FT, long time no see!! Look forward to your RL posts mate....:ok

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 16 That's a big handicap for Saints to cover I think. Hull are far from the worst team around and have had the extra week off to recover which I seem to remember made a big difference in a lot of the games after the last Challenge Cup round. As ever though, I'll wait team news before deciding. Thoughts?

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 16 Harlequins v Warrington Im going for the Wolves in this one, dumped out the cup by Hull KR, Cullen will have them ready for this plus they will welcome back Briers! Warrington to win 8/11 Bet365 (will also take a drop goal aswell if offered by sporting odds but nothing up yet..) Football-Tipper

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 16 FYI - Mr Millward's previews.....he's on Warrington too FT. WIGAN CAN PUSH LEEDS CLOSE By Ian Millward St Helens v Hull Hull didn't need the recent weekend off for the Challenge Cup as they had been in fantastic form before then. St Helens beat the Catalans Dragons in the Cup last weekend while Hull had the rest. At least it gave their new coach Peter Sharp the chance to work with his players. I know when I first took over at St Helens we had one game then a fortnight off and that really gave me a chance to put things in place. I take St Helens to win this one - but Hull are the selection with a start of 16 points. The home side are without Jason Hooper and he does a lot of unoticed work while Paul Anderson, who is also out, gives them great go-forward. Hull have a big pack of forwards and some enterprise in their halves so can keep the scoreline respectable. Leeds v Wigan Wigan don't have an injured player at the club now and had almost 30 people training in the week. It is now a case of picking your best 17. I spoke to a few St Helens players after their recent derby win at the JJB Stadium and they felt Wigan finished the stronger of the two sides which will give Brian Noble plenty of encouragement. There are things to like about Wigan again and while Leeds are going well, the visitors with a start of 16 makes plenty of appeal. Harlequins v Warrington The home side get a start of four points and I felt they played pretty well at Leeds last week. However this is the worst time to play Warrington. They have come off a loss to a National League One side in the Challenge Cup and will have been put through it by their coach Paul Cullen this week. Lee Briers will be back, fresh, and keen to show his full box of tricks and I really fancy Warrington to win the game and cover all areas. If both sides are at their best, the Wolves win. It's as simple as that. Huddersfield v Catalans Dragons The Dragons have played quite well in their last couple of games and Stacey Jones, on his third match back, can become a growing influence. Huddersfield are playing extremely well though - but can they maintain it? I like the balance of their side at present. I know Chris Thorman is a fantastic player but they had too many playmakers before his injury. Brad Drew and Robbie Paul are more direct and Wayne McDonald and Keith Mason give them plenty of go-forward. You have to stick with the Giants to overcome a 14 points start. Castleford v Bradford I like Castleford with a 16 points start - although most people will expect a comfortable win for the Bulls. This is a local derby and while Bradford are going okay, Castleford can try and move their big men around in the ruck area. Personally I still feel the Tigers are the team who will be relegated but while I take Bradford to win the game, Castleford's start looks too big. Wakefield v Salford Salford are still in sixth place so it's not all doom and gloom but they have lost a lot of matches recently. It does not make good reading for their fans. Wakefield have been going fairly well with a settled side while Salford's greatest strength earlier in the year - their defence - has now become a weakness. That is a worry heading to Belle Vue as Wakefield have a big pack to take them forward and then the likes of Ben Jeffries, Jamie Rooney and Sam Obst scheming behind it. They do lack a little firepower out wide which means they often get to the right end of the field without scoring - but against a Salford side short of confience I expect Wakefield to win - and cover a start of four points.

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 16 as usual can't resist a punt on the sky game. :loon by all accounts quins will be missing two first choice forwards.:ok briers is back after warrington's usual lacklustre performance without him. been deliberating :unsure on whether to punt wires and the above team news is enough to convince me to do so. wish i'd taken the scratch or -2 earlier in the week, but then you have the chance of injuries so i'm content with the -4 on offer. hope i don't regret having a punt as my niggling doubt is that quins are as inconsistent as wires! :eek

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 16 thanks for your words of consolation rugbylad. :ok you hit the nail on the head, saying they are two teams difficult to predict...which is why i should not have had a bet. :wall true to say that half the battle in punting is knowing when not to have a bet. hard to believe wires are the same team that battered leeds and bradford earlier this season. lots of silly defensive mistakes and they lacked imagination going forward. no excuses quins were well worth their win. :$

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 16 Its so frustrating being a Warrington fan, you never really know what kind of performance they are going to produce. Sometimes like play like a top 3 side, then other like a bottom 3 side. On paper I'd say we have the 5th best team in the league, which is where we will probably finish come round 28.

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 16 Cas looks value +16 at home. Bulls havent impressed in recent weeks with the weather so hot today it could affect their bulkier boys in their forwards. With Bulls its all about the forwards. Cas put together 28 points in defeat last week and shouldnt find the Bulls line too difficult to breach.

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 16 How about Wakey Vs Salford over 50.5 points? Been alot of points scored over the weekend. Im expecting the trend to continue today given this blazing heat. Both defences in this one have proved themselves to be a soft touch. Both at full strength. A points fest surely.:hope

How about Wakey Vs Salford over 50.5 points? Been alot of points scored over the weekend. Im expecting the trend to continue today given this blazing heat. Both defences in this one have proved themselves to be a soft touch. Both at full strength. A points fest surely.:hope
I quite fancy Wakefield to beat the handicap today(-4pts) and avoid a third defeat to Salford this season. Salford's grip on the top six is certainly slipping, I think the Wildcats can capitalise. and yes....more than likely to be points in this one (something like 36-24 to the home side ;) )

I quite fancy Wakefield to beat the handicap today(-4pts) and avoid a third defeat to Salford this season. Salford's grip on the top six is certainly slipping, I think the Wildcats can capitalise. and yes....more than likely to be points in this one (something like 36-24 to the home side ;) )
I quite fancy Wakey too at -4 because of current form but Ive stayed away because of Salfords head to head record against Wakey. As you well know theyve beaten them twice this season. That said Salford do look in freefall and Wakey would probably be my call if pushed. Good Luck RL!:hope