** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Churchill Cup - England v Scotland

I do like the look of this. England play Scotland tonight in the Churchill Cup. There is far more strength and depth in the English game and the squad Scotland are sending to Canada look more of a development side than anything, the senior squad also leaves for South Africa next week so there isn't even a smattering of internationals with the U21's really making up the bulk of the squad. The England squad is also littered with U21's but the difference in class is notable, I went to England v Wales U21's 6 Nats game this year and was impressed with England, I also went to the Scotland game here in Newport and thought they looked quite weak. Again I find myself looking at the cap and blinking. England are minus 7. I'm sure this crop of England youngster are better than 1 or 2 socres against their scottish counterparts ChurchIll Cup Squad M Horak (London Irish); D Armitage (London Irish), B Johnston (Saracens), S Vesty (Leicester), A Erinle (Wasps), D Walder (Newcastle), P Hodgson (London Irish, captain); D Barnes (Bath); J Buckland (Leicester), S Turner (Sale Sharks), J Hudson (Bath), D Schofield (Sale Sharks), A Beattie (Bath), D Seymour (Saracens), K Horstmann (Worcester). Replacements: D Paice (London Irish), M Ward (Newcastle), N Kennedy (London Irish), B Woods (Newcastle), R Wigglesworth (Sale Sharks), A Crockett (Bath), C Bell (Leeds Tykes) Grand Slam U21/3rd Place World Championship TeamTeam M Horak (London Irish); )D Armitage (London Irish, B Johnston (Saracens), S Vesty (Leicester), A Erinle (Wasps), D Walder (Newcastle), P Hodgson (London Irish, captain); D Barnes (Bath); J Buckland (Leicester), S Turner (Sale Sharks), J Hudson (Bath), D Schofield (Sale Sharks), A Beattie (Bath), D Seymour (Saracens), K Horstmann (Worcester). Replacements: D Paice (London Irish), )M Ward (Newcastle, N Kennedy (London Irish), B Woods (Newcastle), R Wigglesworth (Sale Sharks), A Crockett (Bath), C Bell (Leeds Tykes) My Bet: England Saxons -7 @ 10/11 on Sporting Odds £25.00

Re: Churchill Cup - England v Scotland Cheers lads - theres just been a shed load of money dumped on the Saffas to win by +16 this afternoon - very strange as it's not exactly the Saffas best squad being put out. Going to leave it alone but watch with interest.