Mlb 29/5

It's a holiday here in the States (Memorial Day) so why there are many day baseball games on a Monday. Only one day game so far has caught my eye.

SportMLB
EventDodgers (Penny) at Atlanta (Thomson)
SelectionDodgers (Penny)
Strength5/10
Date29/05/2006
Bookmaker/PriceOlympic Sports @ 2.00 (Back)
ReasoningBrad Penny (5-1, 2.31 ERA) needless to say has been very sharp this year. He has only pitched one bad game in his 10 starts so far this year. He has been consistantly good whether its a home game or road game as his road ERA so far this year is 2.32. His last 3 starts were very good as he only gave up 1 run in 16 innings pitched. He faced Atlanta for his first start of the year and only gave up 1 ER in 5 innings in a game the Dodgers won. Penny has been very reliable this year to keep his team in games. John Thomson (2-3, 3.04 ERA) has been very dominant at home this year as he is only sporting a 0.79 ERA pitching at Turner Field. But in his home starts he is 0-2 despite pitching so well. His current form tho leaves a lot to be desired as in his last 3 games he has given up 18 runs in 18 innings. Thomson faced the Dodgers 2 times this year when he was in the bullpen to start the year. In his first relief appearance he was only in for one batter. His second relief appearance tho was a longer one as he went 3.1 innings and gave up 2 ER. He faced the Dodgers last year and got shelled giving up 7 ER in that game. The Dodgers to me should be more of a 1.91 odds then an underdog. The only reason why I'm staking less on this game then usual is because of the uncertainty surrounding if Jeff Kent and JD Drew will play for the Dodgers. Right now it appears to be a gametime decision as the Dodgers manager has said he hopes to have both back in the lineup. But seeing as I won't know until the lineups come out (around 30-40 minutes before the game starts), I'm gonna stake less right now and when I see the lineups will put a little more on the game if I see Drew and Kent are back in the lineup. It would be very nice to see Kent in the lineup as he has dominated Thomson in his at bats against him as he has over a .500 BA against him.
:cow

Re: Mlb 29/5 Cincinnati Reds @ Chicago Cubs Over 11 2.05 (Pinnacle) 5 units CIN: RHP Elizardo Ramirez (2-3, 3.72 ERA) CHN: RHP Kerry Wood (0-1, 6.30 ERA) Odds just came out and dropping like crazy. I moved the line from 10 to 11 at Pinnacle. The thing is, wind is blowing hard to center field like yesterday. Yesterdays game between Braves and Cubs ended 13-12 for Braves and todays game could be similar in scoring. Reds have some good power hitters stacked up throughout their lineup and Kerry Wood hasn't looked too good after coming off the DL. Reds Elizardo Ramirez has been decent, but i think Cubs bats will get to him today. Chicago White Sox @ Cleveland Indians Indians 1.96 (Pinnacle) 5 units Indians -1.5 2.90 (Pinnacle) 3 units CWS: RHP Javier Vazquez (5-3, 4.25 ERA) CLE: LHP Cliff Lee (3-4, 4.65) After a 9-0 victory at Detroit yesterday, i think Indians will do everything they can to get a winning streak going against the White Sox. This is really important 4 game series to them against a divisional rival, who they find being 8 games behind in standings at this point of the season. After an excellent 18-5 season last year, Cliff Lee has had some struggles this season, but he is bound to bounce back with the good stuff he has. Last time out he allowed 5 runs at Minnesota in 5 innings in a no-decision. Sox Javy Vasquez is pretty solid pitcher also, but has had his share of problems lately. After losing 2 in a row and allowing plenty of hits, he got a win vs. the Athletics last time out but didn't look very dominant, allowing 3 runs on 6 hits and walking 4 in 6 innings of work. Neither pitcher has good career records against the team they are facing. Lee is 2-3 with a 6.54 ERA vs. The White Sox and Vazquez is 1-1 with a 6.06 ERA vs. The Indians. I'll go with the home side with both ML and RL. Very important divisional game for Indians, who are a better team than their record shows and now would be a good time to gain some ground in the divisional standings. Ny Yankees @ Detroit Tigers Yankees 2.20 (Mansion) 5 units NYY: LHP Randy Johnson (6-4, 5.89 ERA) DET: RHP Jeremy Bonderman (5-3, 4.57 ERA) Couldn't resist taking Yankees with this price. Randy may have looked a bit washed-up this season, but i still think he will bounce back and throw a decent season. He allowed some early runs at Boston last time out, but settled to throw some good innings after that and looked pretty good the rest of the way. Detroits Jeremy Bondeman has had a decent season, but he is not anything special imo. He doesn't have very impressive career numbers and while he has been good on road, he has struggled at home, posting an 1-3 record and a 7.48 ERA. Detroit has been the hottest team in MLB for the first third of the season, but they have also had an easy schedule and haven't played too many games against the top teams yet. After 8 game winning streak, they lost 0-9 to Cleveland yesterday, and i see a good chance for a small losing streak starting. Yankees are the most powerfull batting lineup in the league and getting 2.2 price is a good value imo. Seattle Mariners @ Texas Rangers Rangers 1.98 (Pinnacle) 5 units SEA: LHP Jarrod Washburn (3-5, 4.04 ERA) TEX: LHP John Rheinecker (0-0, 4.50 ERA) Pretty damn good odds for Rangers at home against the struggling Mariners, because of the rookie Pitcher. John Rheinecker has a birthday today and has looked good in Triple-A Oklahoma going 2-1 with a 3.26 ERA. He has pitched 4 innings at the Majors this year giving up 2 runs vs. Tampa. Washburn has had a hard time on road this season, going 0-3 with a 6.08 ERA outside the Safeco Field. He also has a 6.56 ERA in 10 career starts in Texas. Texas has played well lately and has plenty of big bats, while the Mariners are on a midst of a tough stretch, losing last 4 and having not mustered much of runs at all. Texas hits well vs. Left handed pitchers, While Mariners don't: Texas, 8-4 Rec , .318 BA , 5.9 Runs Per Game. Seattle 5-12 REC , .232 BA , 3.2 Runs Per Game. You can never be sure about Rheinecker, but these odds are worth a medium stake bet for me at least.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.