Mlb 28/5

Well took 18 innings to lose the Houston game. That sucked. Staying away from Houston for awhile, when they get into these bad funks they last awhile. You know its bad when you score a run in the top of the 17th and then the first pitch in the bottom of the 17th is a HR to tie it back up. But at least went 2-1 to finally get a profit. 2 games so far for me on today's card. Probably will be a 3rd game to be added later on when Bet365 comes up with their RL prices as I have 2 games I want to see a price on the -1 RL.

SportMLB
EventMets (Hernandez) at Florida (Nolasco)
SelectionMets (Hernandez)
Strength8/10
Date28/05/2006
Bookmaker/PriceOlympic Sports @ 1.67 (Back)
ReasoningTime for the Mets to see how their new acquistion of El Duque (Orlando Hernandez) fairs with a change of venue. I actually think this should benefit Hernandez as this year he was terrible pitching at Chase Field but when he pitched on the road he was very good. In Hernandez's 3 starts away from Chase Field this year he is 2-1 with a 2.65 ERA. Could possibly be a great pickup for the Mets. Ricky Nolasco is opposing Hernandez in this game. Nolasco started the year in the bullpen and is now a starter. I'm still not sold on Nolasco overall, tho he does have a 2.89 ERA. He started out the year horribly then had a few good relief appearances in a row. Because of those relief appearcnces he was thrown into the starting role against Atlanta where he gave up 2 unearned runs in 3.2 innings, but he let 8 baserunners on in those 3.2 innings. Then of course his last outing was against the Cubs where he went 7 innings and only gave up a run. He faces a lot more potent of an offense in this one then he did against the Cubs, and the Atlanta game shows he is still liable for letting many baserunners on. Its hard for me to see the Mets losing a series to Florida right now. I think El Duque's first game as a Met should be a good one and will back the Mets in this game.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
SportMLB
EventSt Louis (Mulder) at San Diego (Peavy)
SelectionSan Diego (Peavy)
Strength5/10
Date28/05/2006
Bookmaker/PriceOlympic Sports @ 1.87 (Back)
ReasoningMulder has been too shaky on the road this year for my liking. In 4 road starts this year Mulder is 1-2 with a 5.55 ERA. Jake Peavy meanwhile is coming off a great game in which he took an unfortunate loss. He pitched 7 innings only giving up 2 runs and struck out 16 hitters. Only problem is San Diego's offense didn't support him. His last home game before that one he went 7 shutout innings and struck out 13. He seems to be finding his zone pitching at home right now. This should be a great game to watch from a pitching standpoint. I can see a very good dogfight in this one. And with Mulder's struggles on the road so far this year I think San Diego has a good chance to win this with how dominant Peavy has been looking in his last 2 home games.
GL everyone today :cow

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.