C&G Cricket 28/5

2 plays for me in Sunday's matches.

EventWorcs vs Northants
SelectionNorthants
Strength10/10
Date28/05/2006
Bookmaker/Price>William Hill @ 2.37 (Back)
ReasoningNorthants travel to New Rd in poor 1 day form results wise but they haven't played all that bad really. In their only full game this season they came very close to chasing down 342 against Yorkshire falling only 3 runs short. They've been a bit unlucky in that since then the rest of their matches have been rain affected affairs. Worcestershire are in mixed form themselves but the one thing that has struck me is that they've failed to score more than 191 in any 1 day game this season. If they keep that form up then Northants have every chance of winning this and I think the price on Northants could be a little too big. If you look deeper into the game than just the results you'll see that Northants are indeed the better 1 day side (they finished 3rd in the Pro 40 last season) and with a little bit of luck, their 1 day season can begin here.
EventEssex vs Sussex
SelectionSussex
Strength10/10
Date28/05/2006
Bookmaker/PriceLadbrokes @ 2.00 (Back)
ReasoningThe top 2 do battle at Chelmsford here and I think the visitors are overpriced. Essex are being priced shorter than they should be this season I feel, based solely on the back of them winning the National League last season. Sussex have a 100% record in the C&G coming into this game and they have a fully fit squad to choose from. Essex on the other hand are missing 2 key players in Gough and Cook. I feel with the confidence that their start to the season will have brought and the luxury they have of being at full strength, the Sharks can win this.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.