Paddy Power WSOP Express

GaF

Re: Paddy Power WSOP Express 2,000 and 4,000 or 20,000 and 40,000 - no difference - is all relative :ok Agree (I think :loon) with the way you have laid the problem out - but without knowing P and Q, it doesn't help us with the answer!!! My argument is that 0.4Q (where Q is almost an average stack) is greater than P (where P is 32% of average stack). If we take it to an extreme and say this is Heads Up, then when Q is 18,000, your opponent has 22,000. But when P is 8,000, then your opponent has 32,000. If we assume that the blinds are relatively large too (yes - I'm making assumptions that stack it in my favour, but I'm trying to demonstrate there are situations where -ve ev plays are correct sometimes, not all the time) then I think it is clear that 0.4Q is better than P!!!!!

Re: Paddy Power WSOP Express

Agree (I think :loon) with the way you have laid the problem out - but without knowing P and Q' date=' it doesn't help us with the answer!!![/quote'] Well, that's why it's the Fundamental Question of Poker Tournament Strategy. :tongue2 I think that's where I disagree with you. I don't think it's at all clear.

Re: Paddy Power WSOP Express

If we assume that the blinds are relatively large too (yes - I'm making assumptions that stack it in my favour' date=' [/quote'] Actually, one thing I do know is that if the blinds are REALLY, REALLY large ($1000000/$2000000, say :tongue2), then your chance of winning heads-up is exactly proportional to the size of your stack. So I actually suspect that the larger the blinds are, then the closer it is to being proportional to stack size. But I could be wrong.

• 2 weeks later...