Royal Ascot notebook

i thought i would start this so i can follow some horses into the best flat meeting of the year. I have 2 to date: ACE OF HEARTS - i will be very interested in any race this runs at the royal meeting. I think it will go for the Hunt Cup which is normally all about the draw, so ante post is difficult. I am convinced they have given it 2 easy runs this season in 2 very competitive handicaps. Last week it was given a very tender ride at newmarket & was only beaten about 3L. Will drop to great mark now & hopefully will get the fast ground it needs. MAJORS CAST - i was very impressed with this one today as it probably needed faster ground to be effective. It finished 2nd behind Peeress after the winner had already bolted. Frankie had it covered up for too long at the rear & you couldnt miss it cruising up only to find Fallon had already gone on the winner. It quickened up well & will be different on faster ground at ascot in the Group 1 mile. Feel free to comment or add & advise which race you are looking at or the ante post price if you wish.

Re: Royal Ascot notebook Princess Nada (L Cumani) is entered for the Ribblesdale on 22/6/06 at Ascot. I'm not sure if there is footage of the race it won last time out but you can't fail to be impressed. The 2nd in that race was Caressed which is entered for races on 23/5/06 and 26/5/06 so look out for it winning and boosting the form. Shortest Day (M Stoute) is also in the same race but will need to improve from its last performance. Ask (M Stoute) is entered on 23/6/06 for the King Edward VII race (Group 2) and will be very interesting. An unlucky horse in its 1st ever race and will be definitely worth looking at for Ascot.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.