How Do You Avoid Getting a Lower Limit by Bookies?

Hi all! I am not sure where to post this question, but since it´s a "betting strategy" question, I hope that it can be posted in here. I am having a problem of getting limits on my bets and am trying to avoid that as much as I can. So far I have limits on Interwetten (avg bet size allowed: around $30) and Stan James (avg bet size allowed: around $20). And I am trying to avoid getting more and have turned very careful with my bets. My aim is not to beat the bookie, but try to create a win-win situation and provide him with liquidity that he can trade with. But, I am not sure if the bookie sees it this way. Two additional questions: -Is there a way to have to have the limits taken away after awhile? - If I follow tipster in here and follow others. Will I be marked as part of a syndicate? Sorry for asking these - perhaps - naive questions.

Re: How Do You Avoid Getting a Lower Limit by Bookies? Hi, Some bookies will lower your limit if you bet using what they call 'irregular betting patterns'. This happened to me with Sporting Odds and now they won't let me bet more than a pound! I phoned and asked and got a sort of round about answer in the lines of 'you normally bet around a tenner but occasionally put on a larger bet'. By this I take it to mean that they think I only bet large when I have some info on that horse. As such, they worry and limit the stakes. For me, these bets often lost but I probably won more from them than lost. The only advise I could give is to open an account with every bookmaker and spread your bets around. Cheers

Re: How Do You Avoid Getting a Lower Limit by Bookies? The only advise I could give is to open an account with every bookmaker and spread your bets around. Cheers This seems to crop up a lot were punters open accounts with some of the internet firms. Have a couple of moderate touches and have there accounts limited or even closed.Surely if you use BETFAIR you are not backing with a bookie and as long as somebodys willing to take you on you should have no problem.I only back in very small amounts and use my local bookies but did hit a very good run in June last year and was told by the manager he was monitering my bets.It started to petter out so had no problem and just wondered what he would have done if my run had carried on. Just use the big firms or spread it about like the quote says.

Re: How Do You Avoid Getting a Lower Limit by Bookies? Great Question, I think it is best to open account in Betfair and Betdaq Betting Exchange cos there are many small honest bookies is trying to offsets their bet to balance their book in betting exchange. You can profits from it as you should know, winning tip are basically comes from many loser bet, so it is possible to get a good tip to bet all the time. One more things when taking bet in betting exchange, you must also be clever in it or else those other intellingent bettor may know someone is going to cash their money so they may offer not so good odd for any league you are good at. Unless you aim for favourite league only, then it is hard to monitor due to high liquidity on the market.

Re: How Do You Avoid Getting a Lower Limit by Bookies?

How Do You Avoid Getting a Lower Limit by Bookies?
Don't bet with bookies that are known to limit players. Plenty of decent books about who don't limit individual players. ( besides the exchanges of course ) Once you've been limited down to a ridiculous amount why would you still want to bet with that bookie ?
try to create a win-win situation
Ok, reality check here, the bookie is after your money, as much as he can get and as often as he can get it. Win-win my arse.
If I follow tipster in here and follow others. Will I be marked as part of a syndicate?
No, bookies take thousands of bets every day, you are but another small fish in the sea. A syndicate is an organisation that tries to cirmumvent the bookies limits by placing many bets under different accounts. The purpose being either to get that bet on at a large stake OR to attempt to shift the odds so they can get an even better betting opportunity elsewhere. I have no idea if these actually still exist these days, probably not in this form, but i don't think any individual punter needs to worry too much. As long as you don't try to fool the bookies you should be fine. For example, don't try to open several accounts at the same bookie under different names from one and the same PC , that will get you in trouble with most.

Re: How Do You Avoid Getting a Lower Limit by Bookies? I only use Betfair online but this is annoying. So much for bookmakers being fearless and all this guff. Its us punters that are fearless. I remember a program on not long ago about Fearless Freddie Williams. If he is so fearless he once refused to take my 70 quid at Ayr Races once. I asked for 2/1 but he said I could only have 15/8. Fearless eh.... :lol

Re: How Do You Avoid Getting a Lower Limit by Bookies? Thanks guys. Some good answers in here.

Don't bet with bookies that are known to limit players. Plenty of decent books about who don't limit individual players. ( besides the exchanges of course )
Which ones do you know limit players, besides from the ones already mentioned?
Once you've been limited down to a ridiculous amount why would you still want to bet with that bookie ?
Because of Liquidity at a certain price. Sometimes a $75 bet is enough for you.
Ok, reality check here, the bookie is after your money, as much as he can get and as often as he can get it. Win-win my arse.
With all due respect, but I think that your thinking is wrong on this one. The bookie wants your money. The punter wants your money. Everyone wants your money. It is no different between the bookie or the punter. They both constitute the market and give you the required liquidity at certain prices. Why should you, for instance, hit the bookie once so that he then stops making business with you? That is not the point. The point is, atleast for me, to make money in the long run. If the bookie is around and I am making good buisiness with him. Then I am happy. That is normal business.

Re: How Do You Avoid Getting a Lower Limit by Bookies? I've never had this problem, but as others said I think you're susposed to loose. So I guess what you could to is bet on the same game at 2 bookies, loosing a lot of money on one and winning a lot of money at the other (preferably finding good odds so you don't loose any money).