Laddies Hacked

GaF

Have been playing a bit of Cash on Laddies this evening - keep getting pop ups "from laddies" that are clearly NOT from laddies. They have resorted to responding with messages like "Please ignore any pop ups or chat messages asking you to visit any other site. Ladbrokes will never ask for your banking details or ask you to visit another site. Do not give any other site your banking details. " Doesn't inspire confidence. Same was happening on Sunday.

Re: Laddies Hacked

Have been playing a bit of Cash on Laddies this evening - keep getting pop ups "from laddies" that are clearly NOT from laddies. They have resorted to responding with messages like "Please ignore any pop ups or chat messages asking you to visit any other site. Ladbrokes will never ask for your banking details or ask you to visit another site. Do not give any other site your banking details. " Doesn't inspire confidence. Same was happening on Sunday.
It must be happening throughout the sites using Prima software as i just logged in to Stan james and a similar warning came up ......................................wondered what the hell it was about

Was recently told that good hackers easily could get in to poker accounts... and empty them... :unsure I don't know if that is true... and if it is, why haven't some robbing hacker already done that??
that is absolutely not true in the slightest, the only way a hacker would be able to get into your poker account would be by a virus (keystroke monitor told him your password) or by fishing (fake email/popup takes you to fake site and gets you to login). there is no other way a hacker would be able to get into a poker account. poker sites spend a lot of money on security, your money is safe if you are.

that is absolutely not true in the slightest, the only way a hacker would be able to get into your poker account would be by a virus (keystroke monitor told him your password) or by fishing (fake email/popup takes you to fake site and gets you to login). there is no other way a hacker would be able to get into a poker account. poker sites spend a lot of money on security, your money is safe if you are.
I totally agree, but as always - be cautious. Where I've seen this in the past is a message in the chat saying that such and such a site gives you $50 by signing up- these are generally fake, and even if it's a bona-fide site (or appears so) you'll probably use the same password and a similar signon to your other accounts- let's be careful out there:ok

Re: Laddies Hacked a friend of mine had his ladbrokes account emptied at 7am in the morning, they cracked his password and used his nick/account for a heads up game so all the money went into another account and withdrew it before anyone realised, its very easy to do on any skin that allows you to play in a browser and to top it off ladbrokes told him it wasnt their fault so no refund either!!

a friend of mine had his ladbrokes account emptied at 7am in the morning' date=' they cracked his password and used his nick/account for a heads up game so all the money went into another account and withdrew it before anyone realised, its very easy to do on any skin that allows you to play in a browser and to top it off ladbrokes told him it wasnt their fault so no refund either!![/quote'] If that happens, Laddies have the right to suspend the account and investigate. The chances are that anyone who goes to that trouble will do it more than once- they also give out their own personal & banking details. If this is true and Ladddies failed to chase it up, it would seem to go against their security policy and it should be made public. I've had this happen to me when my old enemy Mr Guinness sneaks in and empties my account:beer :beer :beer :unsure :unsure :cry :cry :cry

Re: Laddies Hacked There is a fake website circulating that claims a Ladbrokes employee has stolen loads of money (looks like the BBC website). When you click on the story it downloads a trojan onto your PC that apparently does all sorts of nasty stuff. Betfair were hit last week when someone posted it on their forum and loads of people had a look. :(

Re: Laddies Hacked LOL! On a more serious note, Prima were advising against folks from putting URLs that nefarious scummers put in the chat window, into the address bars of their own internet browsers because some of 'em were bringing up dubious programs to download.

There is a fake website circulating that claims a Ladbrokes employee has stolen loads of money (looks like the BBC website). When you click on the story it downloads a trojan onto your PC that apparently does all sorts of nasty stuff. Betfair were hit last week when someone posted it on their forum and loads of people had a look. :(
you should al be using firefox instead of internet explorer, that way you dont have to worry about being infected with a virus without your knowledge.

Re: Laddies Hacked Make sure it's firefox version 1.5.0.3 which is the latest version. Firefox is much nicer than IE anyway. So worth switching anyway. IE has so many outstanding critical bugs that need fixing it's unbelievable.