Question regarding home advantage

Hi, I'm developing a ratings system which I'll probably do a public test of in this forum. For this I have a hypothetical question for you about home advantage. How big would you say this is, in %? For example if two teams played a neutral venue and the chances were 50%-50% for home/away win (excluding a draw for simplicity) - what would you say the percentage should be if one team played at home? 55-45? 60-40? 53-47? etc?

Re: Question regarding home advantage A good question that a clever person can answer properly, but for me it would have to be depending on each individual case. For example, a team with a long unbeaten home record would surely have a bigger home advantage over similar opponents, turning the average (60-40 being my guess) into something like 75-25. Good luck with your system though. :ok

Re: Question regarding home advantage well if it helps, the average goal advantage for home teams in the premiership is around +0.4 of a goal. also on average, from the last 3 seasons there have been 46.66% home wins 25.88% draws 27.46% aways so about 19-20% more than the away chance.

Re: Question regarding home advantage

well if it helps, the average goal advantage for home teams in the premiership is around +0.4 of a goal. also on average, from the last 3 seasons there have been 46.66% home wins 25.88% draws 27.46% aways so about 19-20% more than the away chance.
Which would suggest a 55 / 45 spilt.