** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Mlb 15/5

Florida Marlins @ Atlanta Braves Marlins 2.6 (Pinnacle) 5 units ATL: RHP Kyle Davies (2-3, 5.31 ERA) FLA: RHP Josh Johnson (3-2, 2.78 ERA) This young Marlins team has been playing pretty good baseball lately, winning last 2 and going 3-3 in last 6. These same pitchers met in their most recent game, last wednesday, when Johnson threw a great game and Florida won 11-3. Hard Throwing youngster Josh Johnson has been Marlins' most consistent pitcher this season. He pitched from the bullpen early season, but was promoted as a starter this month and has been rock solid in both of his starts. He is 1-0 with a 1.17 ERA in three career appearances against the Braves. Kyle Davis was pretty average in his rookie year last season, and the same trend has carried on this season. Davies is 0-2 with a 6.94 ERA in four career appearances against the Marlins. Doesn't mean that much as the Marlins lineup is pretty much different this year, but still he got shelled in his lone start against them this year. Atlanta took a beating 1-8 from the Nationals at home yesterday while Marlins might have some momentum coming off a good series win vs. the Pirates, surpassing them in the standings. With this pitching matchup 2.6 for Marlins is a way too much. Medium stake bet for me. Los Angeles Dodgers @ Colorado Rockies Rockies 2.02 (Pinnacle) 5 units LAD: RHP Brett Tomko, 3-1, 3.41 ERA COL: RHP Josh Fogg, 2-2, 4.50 ERA Pretty good to get Rockies at home for even money odds. They've played a good season so far. Surprisingly, they have been equally strong on road this season, but Colorado is a team that has traditionally had the biggest home advantage in MLB. Colorado started Josh Fogg has been ok this season. He's had some problems in few games but believes he has regained the command of his fastball. He was really good in his last start, limiting Cardinals to 1 run and 6 hits, while striking out 3 in 7 innings of work. Fogg is 2-3 with a 3.86 ERA in his career against the Dodgers. Dodgers Brett Tomko has been one of their most reliable starters, but is a fly-ball pitcher, who are having problems at the Coors Field most of the time. He is 0-4 with an 8.28 ERA vs. Rockies at the Coors Field. Rockies are returning after a 6 game road trip vs. Cards and Astros going 2-4. They are hoping to continue good home performances where they left of with a 4-1 homestand last time. This is also a divisional matchup giving both teams some extra motivation and always a a bit higher home advantage. Dodgers are not bad, but i have to play the Home side with these odds. Again a medium stake bet for me.

Re: Mlb 15/5 Found one more with good value imo. San Diego Padres @ Arizona Diamondbacks Diamondbacks -1.5 2.47 (Pinnacle) 5 units SD: RHP Chan Ho Park (2-1, 3.57 ERA) ARI: RHP Brandon Webb (6-0, 2.30 ERA) San Diego is overvalued at the moment. They have won 5 straight and 14 of last 15 games, but look who they have played against. 7 times against pathetic Cubs and few games against San Fransisco. Only solid opponents have been Dodgers and Brewers in this stretch. Ofcourse, we have to give credit for their good run, but odds for Arizona are good now. Arizona is at home, has better batting lineup, better bullpen and their ace Webb on the mound who is an excellent groundball pitcher and one of the most consistent performers you can get. Webb is 3-0 with a 1.90 ERA in three home starts this year. Padres starter Chan-Ho Park has been very good this year also, but Arizona lineup has plenty of left handed batters who are hitting well against right handed pitchers and he should get tagged with several runs today. Arizona vs RHP: .273 BA , .363 OBP. San Diego vs RHP: .251 BA , .325 OBP. Slightly better numbers for Arizona, but last time these teams met, Arizona swept Padres 3-0 at San Diego and Webb won the duel between these pitchers 4-1. Arizona just wrapped up a 2-3 roadtrip and is probably glad to be back home. They have won 6 of last 7 at home. I'm putting medium stakes on the -1.5 runline.

Re: Mlb 15/5 current bank 4158 +3158 The even money (at hills) for over 9.5 between boston and baltimore looks good for me. Lopez has not got it together after his first start and has given up at least 4er in all his outings.And has given up 11 longballs in the process.Step up Ortiz and Ramirez.Beckett too has looked vulnerable at times. I would anticpate the Red Sox to win this well, but id rather take the 2.00 on offer for the over 9.5 runs than I would bet on the indiviudal outcome. 750pts single over 9.5 runs @ 2.00

Re: Mlb 15/5 Ok, here we are at 8-1 Boston, top of 9th. Will we see one more run or will the game end and the bet be destroyed? I honestly think that it will lose and some up my picks from last 3 days. No runs in last 7 innings...