Jack Daniels' AFL selections

A tipster called Jack Daniels (not the spirit) provides his "winning formula". Check out his website at www.footyform.com.au which doesn't offer any picks and just offers very vague information that anyone can get (but doesn't tell you how to make the most of it). Now his "Winning" formula appears in Melbourne, Australia newspaper the Herald Sun, in the Main Game section. The sport is Australian rules football - in the Australian Football League. Every Friday he offers one "Bet of the week" which has really flopped over the past 2 years (he's made a decent-sized loss). The funny thing is it doesn't show his profit and loss, it just shows a "running total" of winnings which he then donates to charity at the end of the year. He's won about $200 this year but what it doesnt tell you is that there have been 6 rounds of football this year and betting $50 per week, he's lost $300. So he's down $100 already (dont forget I've read his column since the start of 2005 and he didn't do too well there either) This thread was partly inspired by that hack soccer analyst thread. Anyway what I'll be doing is simply backing the other side to his selection. We'll see if he can keep it up (or down ;)) For tonight's game he chose St Kilda @1.62 (keeping in mind he uses the TAB which offer crap odds). In Australian rules the draw never (well, maybe once or twice every two years) happens so it's only 12 instead of 1x2. Instead of backing St Kilda I backed Geelong @2.44 on Betfair. :hope

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.