County Championship Cricket 3/6-6/6

I've picked a couple of bets from this weeks round of Championship matches that I like the look of. 1 from each division. There's often some value in the Championship matches as all British bookies go draw no bet on them so if it chucks it down for 4 days there's no problem. 10pts Yorkshire to beat Sussex 6/5 Stan James Yorkshire host Sussex in their 1st home game back in the top division and are bringing Matthew Hoggard into their squad for this game. I think many have underestimated Darren Lehmann's side this term and some will come unstuck. They have everything going for them here though, home advantage is key and not only Hoggard but Jason Gillespie can benefit from the seaming wickets Headingley produces whereas Sussex's strength tends to be Mushtaq Ahmed who's potency will be severly lessened here. Yorkshire have a fairly strong batting lineup with Lehmann back in there and bat a long way down and if they can score the runs they've definitely got the attack to get the wickets. With home advantage here and English bookies going draw no bet in County Cricket then Yorkshire have to be the call at odds against. 10pts Derbyshire to beat Glamorgan 11/10 Stan James As I've said in the outright preview I think Derby could be the team to be with this season but even so having Glamorgan favourites in this match makes no sense at all. Age has caught up with the Welsh county with the ever reliable Matthew Maynard moving onto coaching with England and other veterans like Steve Watkin, Steve James and Adrian Dale all retiring and they didn't bring through the youth in that period and they are paying for it now. Add to that they've been let down by 1st choice overseas players Matthew Elliott and Michael Kasprowicz and the Welsh county face a long season. They could then have done without losing Simon Jones before this game. The visitors have no such problems, they've started the season with a good draw at Surrey in which they were in control for the majority of the game and gave a good account of themselves against the Sri Lankan tourists last week. Given Derby's confidence and all round better line-up odds against is a good bet here I think.

Re: County Championship Cricket 3/6-6/6 Good luck Kev. Derbys look well set right now, 195-1. Yorks looks a bit closer but for me is still a player. Hope to post some thoughts myself during the season. Wasn't sure there was the interest around to warrant it, but it looks like i'm wrong.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.