Mlb 1/05

New York Yankees @ Boston Red Sox Red Sox 2.07 (Pinnacle) 5 units BOS: RHP Tim Wakefield (1-4, 3.90 ERA) NYY: RHP Chien-Ming Wang (1-1, 4.80 ERA) After a great start Boston has struggled quite a bit and Wakefield has had bad road games, but he has been very good at home in Fenway Park. He has pretty good ERA of 3.97, but has been plagued by lousy run support of 10 combined runs in all of his 5 starts by the BoSox lineup. I don't trust Yankees Taiwanese starter Wang at all. While he has some promise, he is mediocre at best and do give up lots of walks and hits most of the time. This is a big rivalry series between long time enemies and division rivals. This game will be the first game of the series between these teams and i like the home side in this spot as a underdog. Better pitcher and home field advantage is not a small thing in these games. Here is also a bit of information i stumbled upon capping this game: "The Boston Red Sox have finalized a trade to obtain catcher Doug Mirabelli from the San Diego Padres in exchange for catcher Josh Bard, minor-league pitcher Clay Meredith and cash, ESPN The Magazine's Buster Olney is reporting. Mirabelli, Tim Wakefield's normal catcher last season when Mirabelli was with the Red Sox, will be in the starting lineup Monday night against the Yankees. The Yankees also tried to obtain Mirabelli to keep him from returning to the Red Sox." Like it even more after reading that as Boston catchers have had some trouble working with Wakefields pitches and Mirabelli should know him like his own pockets. Throwing medium stake on this one. St Loius Cardinals @ Cincinnati Reds Reds 1.96 (Pinnacle) 5 units STL: LHP Mark Mulder (2-0, 3.53 ERA) CIN: RHP Bronson Arroyo (4-0, 2.34 ERA) Going with the Reds once again. Yesterday Houstons Bucholtz were able to cool their bats a little and Reds lost a game by a run. This one looks really good to me as Reds have been killing Left handed pitchers this season. They are 8-2 vs. LHP and has scored most runs and hit most rbi's than any other team in the league against lefties. Mulder is solid and good but Reds will counter with Bronson Arroyo who has been simply amazing this season. He has won all his starts posting a 2.34 ERA in the process and has been the key to Reds great April and best start in a Decade. Reds are 8-3 at home, while Cardinals are 5-4 on road. Scott Rolen is still out for Cardinals due to bronchitis. Cards Albert Pujols has been on a amazing hitting streak, but looks like the "Bonds-effect" is starting. Pitchers are probably going to walk him most of the time. Anyway, Reds are at home and should win this matchup clearly over 50% of the time, making it a nice value bet. Medium bet for me. Houston Astros @ Milwaukee Brewers Brewers -1.5 2.96 (Pinnacle) 5 units HOU: LHP Wandy Rodriguez (4-0, 2.53 ERA) MIL: RHP Toma Ohka (2-1, 3.72 ERA) Here we have a oretty nice mathup. Milwaukee bats are on fire. They have scored 25 runs combined in their last two games, and are also one of the top teams against left handed pitchers. Brewers vs. LHP: 7.1 Runs per game , .327 BA , .411 OBP. Now those are the stats that i like. While Wandy has been really great this season, he is not as good as his record shows. He obviously has improved a little from last season, but has played most games at home and can't keep up that early season level for much longer. Brewers Japanese starter Tomo Ohka is pretty good solid performer and has thrown mostly quality games this season. Last game he limited Atlanta to 2 runs in 7 innings of work. Houston is really not a road team, and has considerable difficulties getting their offense going outside their own ballpark. They are averaging 3.5 runs per game on road this season and has a 4-4 record. Expecting a nice win for the Brewers here tonight. Tossing medium a stake on the Runline.

Re: Mlb 1/05 Good luck with them Juuso. Due to a huge ranting mission, I dont have much time to give too much detail for my selections. CWS @ CLE Ignoring one 5 run inning , Vazquez would have an ERA of slightly over 2.00. Even accounting for this hes currently given up 2 runs on six hits over his last 15 innings pitched. Lee pitched well against the BoSox giving up 1 run and 4 hits over six innings. He was lacking control though and walked 4 runners. CWS are on fire at the moment winning 8 from their last 10 games. Cleveland I feel are still maing too many small mistakes and the White Sox will be able to take advantage of these. CWS are slight underdogs but Im taking them on the runline. CWS to win (-1.5) 2.63 @ Pinnacle 7/10 COL @ ATL Suprisingly enough, COL go into this game with a record of .583 compared to the Braves .409. Colorado are no doubt the suprise package so far this season. Although I dont expect it to last all year Ill take advantage of it while I can. COL are on a winning streak of 3 compared to ATL's losing streak of 4. COL are also managing to get the wins away from home with a 9-3 record. Neither pitchers have been upto much so far this year, although Hudsons improved over his last two starts. Saying that he went 1-1 and 9.31 ERA in two starts against the Rockies last year. Although history says the Braves are far superior, recent tables suggest COL to be better. Given the current form, I dont see why Colorado are such huge underdogs. COL to win 2.67 @ Pinnacle 7/10

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.