NEW STRUCTURE - Sporting Odds Champions League - May

GaF

Re: NEW STRUCTURE - Sporting Odds Champions League - May I can't get into SO at all at the moment - hence the delay in updating I'm afraid.......have been locked out for over an hour....... Anyone else the same problem? If not, anyone fancy putting a screenshot up of the lobby showing top 15 places, and I'll update from that..... (don't worry too much if it's too much bother - I'm sure I'll get in soon - so probably not worth it, unless someone is really bored ;) )

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: NEW STRUCTURE - Sporting Odds Champions League - May

something major wrong with my laptop...memory low or something ...game kept lagging and folding me...somehow managed 10th without playing a hand.
Run the full tests at www.pcpitstop.com - this will let you know what settings (such as Virtual Memory) you should tweak on your machine (if that is the probalem)

Re: NEW STRUCTURE - Sporting Odds Champions League - May So, what is the deal with this... :unsure I can see that the number of entrants are getting lower... only 29 thursday?? :eek I guess only top 20 play... I have been doing some calculating... (but I am blonde) ... ...does that mean that Esso can't catch me even if he should come first in the last 2 legs??? :unsure

Re: NEW STRUCTURE - Sporting Odds Champions League - May Ok - if you score no more points and esso wins the last 2, he beats you if there are at least 32 runners in each (if one gets more, then the other can get less!!!) If both remaining games have 29 runners, then esso can not beat you Wasn't the last leg impacted by a clash with a PL event? So 29 was exceptionally low........ (EDIT - Or Betfair City AM???)

Ok - if you score no more points and esso wins the last 2, he beats you if there are at least 32 runners in each (if one gets more, then the other can get less!!!) If both remaining games have 29 runners, then esso can not beat you Wasn't the last leg impacted by a clash with a PL event? So 29 was exceptionally low........ (EDIT - Or Betfair City AM???)
Yeah, we were at lot of people playing in London... But... I would assume that only the ones close to a prize will be playing?? :unsure Anyway... who wins to legs in a row :loon

Re: NEW STRUCTURE - Sporting Odds Champions League - May bubbled in 4th but considering I'm still a complete wreck from the weekend it's not such a bad result. Pen & Hen and one other left - hen has two thirds of the chip stack - good luck both of you. :ok :ok :ok :hope :hope

Re: NEW STRUCTURE - Sporting Odds Champions League - May Very quick heads up - Hen's ability to get the best cards I've ever seen out did Pen's luck on the river - good game guys, well played.:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

Re: NEW STRUCTURE - Sporting Odds Champions League - May Good game it was :clap. I would be unhappy if I didnt win that from the final table and it was privilage to beat Pene in HU :notworthy. As some of you saw that, I have to say, I have never ever had a such a run of cards :eek . First I took a monster pot with AKs and next few hands running: KK, AA, KK, nothing and KK again :loon. Or even more, cant remember. But we know who is true winner :nana. Well done Pene :notworthy :clap.

Re: NEW STRUCTURE - Sporting Odds Champions League - May I don't know Gaf... I just sit around and wait... win a few pots... bully a bit...and wait some more... bully some more again... and then win a few pots...:unsure Ty Hen for your kind words :$ :$ :$

I don't know Gaf... I just sit around and wait... win a few pots... bully a bit...and wait some more... bully some more again... and then win a few pots...:unsure
Sounds easy Pene!!! Why can't I do that?? Well - that's your next trip to the UK sorted :loon :loon

Sounds easy Pene!!! Why can't I do that?? Well - that's your next trip to the UK sorted :loon :loon
yeah, very easy :) But, I have trouble going to the tourney. It is going on on a saturday and sunday, and I REALLY have to be back to work monday morning... ...Oral exams :\ And the lates flight is sunday at 6 pm... IF I move on to playing on sunday I wouldnt be able to make it home in time... BUT...it is no fun playing a tournament when you KNOW you don't have time to make final table :\ ...even if I am out in first hand...

Re: NEW STRUCTURE - Sporting Odds Champions League - May Sounds like you'll be discussing an alternative event with Joe then....... How about getting them to put you in one of the WSOP events? Seeing as they are already sending you over - flights and accommodation are paid for - so the $1500 WSOP event that MoFace is in would I imagine be reasonable for them (As opposed to $1000 for Midlands + flights + accommodation) - or the Laides WSOP (what's the buy in for that? Seem to recall $1500 as well, but could be wrong)

Re: NEW STRUCTURE - Sporting Odds Champions League - May Right, everything is sorted with Joe Legge now... I can't make it to the Midlands tourney, which was the original prize in the CL... But I am now in the Scottish Championships in Edinburgh the 1st and 2nd of July instead :D That should be great, I just love Edinburgh :clap :clap :clap

Re: NEW STRUCTURE - Sporting Odds Champions League - May :clap Well done all in the money - including me, yippee! :cow $25 would be a PB for me if you counted league prizes, so I'll just have to treat it as my unofficial one and hope to better it legally soon. It's a shame this tourney tailed off in numbers so much in the last few games. I guess SO need to count more scores if they are going to have so many legs. Anyway, next month's eagerly awaited, and hope to get some good early scores in the bag while the entry is high.

:clap Well done all in the money - including me, yippee! :cow $25 would be a PB for me if you counted league prizes, so I'll just have to treat it as my unofficial one and hope to better it legally soon.
What's she on about I say to myself, I thought the League was Pene (sorry, winner) takes all ? So I read the beginning of the thread and discover 9th is worth $50 and Avon's comment when I am on the final table that I can't make 5th even if I win tonight suddenly makes sense ! doh ! :$

well done again Pene :clap :drums we'll be queuing up behind you in June (and probably for the whole month !) ;)
Thanks Runa, Avon and GaF :) It has been a few good months for me... surely it must stop at some point... :unsure So I doubt there will be a queue behind me in June :rollin :rollin :rollin I will definitely enjoy Scotland and look forward to play another live tournament... Joe Legge said something about me wearing a SO t-shirt while playing :unsure :unsure ... not satisfied... how am I then going to talk me in to all those pots :lol :lol :lol :lol He will have to alter it a bit if I am going to wear it... that's for sure :spank :spank :tongue2 :lol

See the next one seems to be a $1500 seat at the Grosvenor UK Main Open Event plus $500.
INFO.... the $ 500 are not money for ones account... it will be spent on accomodation and travel expences... When it was Vegas, the $ 1000 went straight to your account...

INFO.... the $ 500 are not money for ones account... it will be spent on accomodation and travel expences... When it was Vegas, the $ 1000 went straight to your account...
Nowhere in the rules does it say that the $500 dollars is to be used as traveling expenses.For finishing first in the tourny you get the $500 2nd gets $400.The seat and $500 for travelling expenses is to me in no way any value for winning this tourney.And it also states prize money eill be paid into your account 48 hours after completion of the final round,so if you have any extra cash in your account it should be on thursday. Not tryin to cause any argument but i would be fumin if i didn't get the prize money.