** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Unsuccessful systems

Hey, was wondering if anyone out there had a really unsuccessful system going? If so, would there be any value in simply laying those selections? The system would have to make a yield of -10% or worse (using Betfair odds), to compensate for the slightly higher odds when laying on Betfair. Anyone think this could work?

Re: Unsuccessful systems Hi mate and welcome to the lounge. It's a similar thought pattern to how I started building my Profitable Lay System. I looked at types of horses (based on age, weight, form, race type, no of runners, going, monthly trends etc etc etc) that did badly consistently and went from there. As a "general" system with very few tweaks or adjustments, look for horses that won their last race and are running in a Flat Handicap race at least 6 days or more since their win: Results since 1st Jan 1997:

BetsWinsWin Strike RateWin %Return at SPPlaced (inc wins)Place Strike RateEach-Way %Return at SP
All Selections5273144227.3%90.0%297356.4%89.9%
Happy to discuss further, Danny

Re: Unsuccessful systems For me systems are for the long all and writing my own is a hobby of mine and like Danny says there are a lot of stats to be found if you wish to lay horses. My systems are all to find winners and if a bad result occurs every year then that would be left out in the first place. Were some people go wrong when following a certain system is if it went 12 races without a win they would not bother looking anymore and in there mind think its rubbish. Danny use the same principles as me but finding losing trends that work year in year out.For me if you want to lay horses look at trainers stats for some are that bad I dont know how people put there horses with these guys.